Guys, how can we grow SW?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't pour water on your computer, Cooke. It doesn't work like it does on plants.

How can you nazi that?     

Posted Images

12 hours ago, HAL said:

I know I'm probably not too welcome here but I'll throw a few things out there. 

The URL sucks. systemwars.com redirects here, does Javier still own that? The forum needs to reside at sw.com honestly. 

Forums overall are dying, they just are. People prefer faster more streamlined interaction (discord for example)

Pretend you've never set foot here before. Load up the home page, look at how busy the page seems. There's a lot going on! So many colors and different things happening. 

When I ran this place the old forumites ran off all the new people anyway. It's just like Sdubz or any other site that's been around for ages, it's a closed group circle jerk, it sucks but that's what it is. 

The smilies are crazy confusing, I couldn't tell you what any of these faces mean, does anywhere else on the internet use those things anymore?

Threads seem kinda toxic... So much spam and wasteful posts inside threads, which is fine for a small group of friends, not great for looking like a well ran know what you're doing site. 

I will say the site seems to be busier than it has been in a long time, I've been poking around the last few weeks. We just completely relaunched Sdubz so I've been getting ideas on what  ya'll have implemented over here. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction. 

Just a few thoughts. 

You are welcomed here...

On 2019-02-07 at 7:55 PM, HAL said:

I know I'm probably not too welcome here but I'll throw a few things out there. 

The URL sucks. systemwars.com redirects here, does Javier still own that? The forum needs to reside at sw.com honestly. 

Forums overall are dying, they just are. People prefer faster more streamlined interaction (discord for example)

Pretend you've never set foot here before. Load up the home page, look at how busy the page seems. There's a lot going on! So many colors and different things happening. 

When I ran this place the old forumites ran off all the new people anyway. It's just like Sdubz or any other site that's been around for ages, it's a closed group circle jerk, it sucks but that's what it is. 

The smilies are crazy confusing, I couldn't tell you what any of these faces mean, does anywhere else on the internet use those things anymore?

Threads seem kinda toxic... So much spam and wasteful posts inside threads, which is fine for a small group of friends, not great for looking like a well ran know what you're doing site. 

I will say the site seems to be busier than it has been in a long time, I've been poking around the last few weeks. We just completely relaunched Sdubz so I've been getting ideas on what  ya'll have implemented over here. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction. 

Just a few thoughts. 

So that SW2 forum has relaunched, you say?

Yeah, having moderators who are grownup and clearly know when to tamper down the bullshit is a pretty important part of any forum.  Unfortunately we have people here who propagate a certain type of behavior and then turn around and play stupid and pretend they don't know how it got so bad.

We're not 15-17 year olds anymore. Not saying that we can't have shit-talking, but there's an actual mature way to go about it, and on this forum we actually seem to be regressing, and the mods know it, and in some cases they're actually joining along with it.

I know for a fact you're a capable mod. Might need to check that place out.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

So that SW2 forum has relaunched, you say?

Yeah, having moderators who are grownup and clearly know when to tamper down the bullshit is a pretty important part of any forum.  Unfortunately we have people here who propagate a certain type of behavior and then turn around and play stupid and pretend they don't know how it got so bad.

We're not 15-17 year olds anymore. Not saying that we can't have shit-talking, but there's an actual mature way to go about it, and on this forum we actually seem to be regressing, and the mods know it, and in some cases they're actually joining along with it.

I know for a fact you're a capable mod. Might need to check that place out.

You would hate that place, you'd have no one to argue with. It's a far left echo chamber if that's what you are looking for. 

Resetera is only big because it's a safe space for the far left. Most people can post anywhere so they're scattered out over hundreds of different forums, if you look at the people on resetera they would never be able to cope anywhere else. they'd be triggered to fuck over the smallest comment.

So you get all the far left retards all in one place there, which is good because it contains them. Besides it's barely a game forum it's more of a political forum.

17 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

You would hate that place, you'd have no one to argue with. It's a far left echo chamber if that's what you are looking for. 

i hate bullshitters who seem like as if they bullshit any harder, they'll win a prize or something.

I'm realizing that it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that the people who are responsible for this forum turning into a dried shithold back in 2012 seem to be the same exact people and its looking like we're going to have a repeat occurrence.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i hate bullshitters who seem like as if they bullshit any harder, they'll win a prize or something.

I'm realizing that it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that the people who are responsible for this forum turning into a dried shithold back in 2012 seem to be the same exact people and its looking like we're going to have a repeat occurrence.

Want another break then?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I got mad? No, but you got banned...

For being a dumbass :lawl: 

I like how he's trying really hard to bait me.

Probably because he got progressively madder in the RE thread, and he ended up abusing his mod powers to feel better about himself

Hey @Cookester15 notice how I'm actually trying to talk about the forum...........and someone else entered and just now wants to talk about me and is now bogging down this thread. Do you want an actual active forum? Or do you want to go back to 2012?