Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

Guys, how can we grow SW?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i think we should prioritize trying to bring back the older members who stopped posting, vs trying to bring in new people.

He already did that. Sent emails to all the old posters. Some came back to say hello but very few stayed. We're all getting older, I bet half don't even play games anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

He already did that. Sent emails to all the old posters. Some came back to say hello but very few stayed. We're all getting older, I bet half don't even play games anymore.

Some still play games but they don't want to play SW games anymore:mjcry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh I don't know why I'm still here. Maj is gone, the only thing keeping me at this forum is ramza's failures and aza's bullshit. And Boss' occasional input. 

 

I should retire. jimbo will do without me. He was hosting his ghost town for 2 years after all. 

 

Goodbye :mjcry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kaz said:

tbh I don't know why I'm still here. Maj is gone, the only thing keeping me at this forum is ramza's failures and aza's bullshit. And Boss' occasional input. 

 

I should retire. jimbo will do without me. He was hosting his ghost town for 2 years after all. 

 

Goodbye :mjcry: 

You'll come crawling back to this dick, bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAF only became big because it was tied to an actual website, Gaming Age

 

Current gaming fan media is all Youtube , Twitch, Reddit etc. you could possibly tie it to that somehow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This forum is probably the worst that it's ever been .

 

Good luck .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

i think we should prioritize trying to bring back the older members who stopped posting, vs trying to bring in new people.

They all moved to discord and are happy there. I don’t mind our small community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

This forum is probably the worst that it's ever been .

 

Good luck .

The problem is that we are getting too old for SW antics, and that the fabric of SW has torn. “Exclusives” are slowly becoming a thing of the past, as platforms head towards becoming service-driven. Also the political/left/right crap here sucks. I mainly post in the official threads now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This board is more political than gaming .

 

It's garbage .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

The problem is that we are getting too old for SW antics, and that the fabric of SW has torn. “Exclusives” are slowly becoming a thing of the past, as platforms head towards becoming service-driven. Also the political/left/right crap here sucks. I mainly post in the official threads now 

Pretty much this, it takes too much effort to troll SW type of things now even though it's fun to do sometimes. Plus there has been a giant increase in political extreme threads lately where it is just the usual ppl arguing against each other about the usual topics. Official threads are the only place where most honest chats go since there isn't the SW style gaming talk there. WDYPT is probably my fav thread here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Plus there has been a giant increase in political extreme threads lately where it is just the usual ppl arguing against each other about the usual topics.

I'm really not sure why there hasn't been something more official in controlling that other than Remij moving some threads over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I'm really not sure why there hasn't been something more official in controlling that other than Remij moving some threads over. 

They aren't breaking any specific rules so hard to do anything. The only suggestion could be to just have one thread where all the bickering can go on but it never works.

A major problem this place has is that most threads very very quickly just turn into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 back and forths (I know I can be part of this sometimes) that pretty much hijacks the thread on to some other topic and stops any further input from anyone else cause who wants to post in a thread that has 2+ pages of back and forth between a couple forumites.

If cooke wants this to stop I can try to moderate it more but it will cause the usually whining and ppl threatening to not return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm really not sure why there hasn't been something more official in controlling that other than Remij moving some threads over. 

Word 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, -GD- said:

They all moved to discord and are happy there. I don’t mind our small community. 

I understand growing out of the classic system wars shit but there are people that never even participated in it. I'm glad they found a new home but I don't like discord, I never tried it. I still use ventrilo for voice chatting and that's it.

 

I just wish the people would drop by and say hello, post in the movie and game thread once in a while :mjcry: 

 

I miss maj. :mjcry: I'm too scared to pm him on steam. he seems busy :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They aren't breaking any specific rules so hard to do anything. The only suggestion could be to just have one thread where all the bickering can go on but it never works.

We've gone through at least 3 of those kinds of threads, but nobody ever bothers to actually merge the threads into them.

 

44 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

A major problem this place has is that most threads very very quickly just turn into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 back and forths (I know I can be part of this sometimes) that pretty much hijacks the thread on to some other topic and stops any further input from anyone else cause who wants to post in a thread that has 2+ pages of back and forth between a couple forumites.

Nothing makes me just go back to r/games faster than seeing some game related thread a couple pages long actually be filled up with the same two people carrying on an argument from a political thread.

 

51 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

If cooke wants this to stop I can try to moderate it more but it will cause the usually whining and ppl threatening to not return. 

We've seen what happens when there's too little of a guiding hand with moderation, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no one without a previous attachment to this community would want to post here. 

 

seriously, the only reason this place is appealing is cause a lot of us have been talking about games with each other off and on for over a decade.

 

have you seen some of the shit that gets posted here? for an outsider a lot of it would fall between indecipherable and "i should maybe notify the fbi".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×