Anyone else refuse to buy digital?

I feel like I'm being ripped off, compared to many games that gain in value over what I brought them.

PS4 seems to be the ultimate collector's console of the current gen. Switch has the issue of many games having a digital only component like FFX/FFX-2, RE Revelations etc not fitting on a cart.

XBox is self explanatory, it doesn't have limited print runs, it doesn't have Asian/Japanese complete editions with all DLC, doesn't have European small publishers prints etc. 

I do but rarely.  I feel the same way about being ripped off.  New release games in Canada cost $79.99, digital or physical, which is fucking dumb.  Digital and physical shouldn't be the same cost. 

I like having the ability to trade in and actually have a copy of something I purchased.  That being, said standard editions of physical games come with nothing but a napkin or some code inside.  Need to get special editions to have any sort of cool content (manual, soundtracks, art books, etc.)

It really depends on the game and platform. PC is obligatory, Xbox has the best digital proposition with Play Anywhere which I always buy so I get two copies for the price of one and I will also pick the game up physically later when it's really cheap.

PS4 is basically physical only, however for VR it's 90% digital. Switch I don't really have games for, the last game I bought was Super Mario Oddesey.

Hate it. 

I only buy digital when a game doesn't have a physical release, and even then only when they're on deep sale. Digital copies are glorified rentals. Look at what just happened to the Wii Shop Channel. 

The games I buy also tend to appreciate a lot. Gotcha Force and Rule of Rose each sell for around $250 on eBay. Haunting Ground is up there too.  

19 minutes ago, The Alt-Right said:

The points you get on Switch equals 5% towards future games vs 1% with physical 

This, plus digital is so much more useful to a system that you can take on the go than it is to a set-top box.

Honestly, I do both.

I prefer physical but when I know I'm going to be busy and might not have the time to run to the store, I'll just log-on to my PS4 real quick and buy the digital release. The option for Digital is very convenient in times like this. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Honestly, I do both.

I prefer physical but when I know I'm going to be busy and might not have the time to run to the store, I'll just log-on to my PS4 real quick and buy the digital release. The option for Digital is very convenient in times like this. 

amen

50 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Honestly, I do both.

Not sure if Sony does this, but even better when I can buy something off Nintendo's website online and have it downloaded on my Switch before I get home from work.  That's pretty sweet.

52 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Not sure if Sony does this, but even better when I can buy something off Nintendo's website online and have it downloaded on my Switch before I get home from work.  That's pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure you can do that for the PS4 as well. I just don't do it that way for some reason.

Digital all the way... lmao fuck discs and cases :mj: 

Only time for physical is if it's a game from a series that's really awesome and sentimental.  You want to have a complete physical collection of it.

I'll always buy Blizzard games retail, and certain special editions for games that are incredible :smoke: 

Other than that :hest: 

i only get disks if i know i'm going to sell the game after completion (once i finish rdr2, for example, peace!). i get digital if i'm truly dying to play something at midnight, or if it's something i'll want forever.  i refuse to collect games. 

I buy physical all gen and then usually just sell it all and then just upgrade to the next gen. Been doing it since I traded my N64 to get a GameCube. Seems silly to have that money just wasted but I don’t really mind the smaller indies being digital only.