DMC demo performs better on PS4 PRO than Xbox One X.. and looks sharper

All I'm gonna say is I find it questionable that he's running framerate averages with cut-scenes in play, who gives a shit about a cut-scene framerate? The cut-scene performance has a pretty large divergence while the gameplay divergence is overall pretty small and could be hammered out with further optimization. It's close enough to 60 that they shouldn't have an issue reigning both in, the Pro simply holds the target better but still falls. Also the X is a dramatically sharper image than the Pro, so I have no idea what drugs this guy's smoking.

This isn't a Resident Evil 2 situation, it's a 56% higher resolution and it shows. 

32090324977_28090bc400_o.png

32090322077_85bdb5b62b_o.png

33156739998_e68e96bf24_o.png

33156737508_458867cfa9_o.png

32090322867_739e581584_o.png

32090320827_f70b74fd83_o.png

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

WTF is even happening on the Xbox side...

Yea, there's been a string of titles that maybe aren't making the right choice on the Xbox side by prioritizing higher resolution and hitting that 3840x2160 resolution bullet point.  Kind of a stupid thing to do for a fast-paced action game.

I'm sure an 1800p mode would perform pretty damn solidly most of the time.  It's so stupid that they don't implement dynamic resolution scaling for this title.  Have the resolution dip as low as it has to to maintain that 60fps.. and if they're CPU bound then maintain the highest res possible.  You wouldn't even notice the resolution drop during gameplay, which would likely only happen when lots of action is going on.

It's baffling.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

All I'm gonna say is I find it questionable that he's running framerate averages with cut-scenes in play, who gives a shit about a cut-scene framerate? The cut-scene performance has a pretty large divergence while the gameplay divergence is overall pretty small and could be hammered out with further optimization. It's close enough to 60 that they shouldn't have an issue reigning both in, the Pro simply holds the target better but still falls. Also the X is dramatically sharper image than the Pro, so I have no idea what drugs this guy's smoking.

This isn't a Resident Evil 2 situation, it's a 56% higher resolution and it shows. 

32090324977_57db6484b9_b.jpg

32090322077_73725fd0c0_b.jpg

33156739998_79edde84b1_b.jpg

33156737508_2efe71f333_b.jpg

32090322867_6f112f29df_b.jpg

32090320827_4922c8fc17_b.jpg

What are those... pictures for ants? :hest: 

But dude, I have to disagree about something.  Games these days cut right into gameplay from cut-scenes and vice versa.  It's quite valid to compare the avg fps across the spectrum of the same battle and cut-scene sequence.  Cut-scene performance may not be important to you; it's obviously not as important as gameplay performance, but the overall experience is hampered going from high fps gameplay, to 40-50fps juddery cut-scenes... especially when they dynamically transition to and from.  Besides, I'm not sure how you're going to argue that when you're advocating  for higher resolution which does nothing to improve the gameplay experience.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What are those... pictures for ants? :hest: 

But dude, I have to disagree about something.  Games these days cut right into gameplay from cut-scenes and vice versa.  It's quite valid to compare the avg fps across the spectrum of the same battle and cut-scene sequence.  Cut-scene performance may not be important to you; it's obviously not as important as gameplay performance, but the overall experience is hampered going from high fps gameplay, to 40-50fps juddery cut-scenes... especially when they dynamically transition to and from.  Besides, I'm not sure how you're going to argue that when you're advocating  for higher resolution which does nothing to improve the gameplay experience.

I updated them, I reformatted and Flickr defaulted to scaled resolution. You can see as clear as day though he's high as a kite saying the Pro version is sharper.

They both run like ass during the cut scenes so that's kind of a non sequitur regardless of which one handles them worse. In terms of gameplay Thomas already ran through this and spent more time going over scenes, the game ran at basically a locked 60 during normal gameplay on the X with a few hiccups here and there that quickly faded out. It was just that goliath boss which had issues and bear in mind that demo was based off of code from Gamescom months earlier. The result doesn't seem to have changed here in any regard so it's likely cut from the same cloth. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I updated them, I reformatted and Flickr and it defaulted to scaled resolution. You can see as clear as day though he's high as a kite saying the Pro version is sharper.

They both run like ass during the cut scenes so that's kind of a non sequitur regardless of which one handles them worse. In terms of gameplay Thomas already ran through this and spent more time going over scenes, the game ran at basically a locked 60 during normal gameplay on the X with a few hiccups here and there that quickly faded out. It was just that goliath boss which had issues and bear in mind that demo was based off of code from Gamescom months earlier. The result doesn't seem to have changed here in any regard so it's likely cut from the same cloth. 

Fair enough, but I think you're reading too much into it.  It's simply that the game targets 60fps across the gambit, and the avg fps he measures is indicative of how well the game holds to that target across a section of the game.  He's not nefariously trying skew the viewers impression of gameplay performance to make it look worse than it is.

It still holds true that the PRO seems to maintain the target fps better throughout.

It will be interesting to see how this and Anthem shape up by launch and if there's any dramatic differences.

I've noticed some games on PC have 30fps cutscenes , why 

Also drop the resolution.  These actions games need fr stability more than resolution 

Edited by Jon2B
1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

I've noticed some games on PC have 30fps , why 

Also drop the resolution.  These actions games need fr stability more than resolution 

In case kaz decides to get the game. :ben:

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I've noticed some games on PC have 30fps cutscenes , why 

Consoles are the reason why.  THHBR 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I got the game for $13.33 for PC anyways so I can't complain. 

Well he said some games, not RE2, DMC, or the Division 2, which all have 60fps/unlocked fps cut-scenes and gameplay :glad: 

But no.. you certainly can't complain.  That's the best bundle deal in gaming atm.

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well he said some games, not RE2, DMC, or the Division 2, which all have 60fps/unlocked fps cut-scenes and gameplay :glad: 

But no.. you certainly can't complain.  That's the best bundle deal in gaming atm.

I think that's the best bundle I've ever seen offered period to be honest.