DLSS :bow: 

Spoiler

46981972172_2839e1b626_k.jpg

40069227553_073c184cd8_k.jpg

46119467495_fbd092f159_k.jpg

46309164154_d380e28971_k.jpg

46309149384_0f56291320_k.jpg

46119452805_291ca39ded_k.jpg

It looks so good in motion.  There's still little things that it doesn't catch, and it seems to tone down the bloom effect, but the overall image quality is greatly improved. When you consider that the 1080p DLSS image very likely has a 900p base resolution, it's super fucking impressive that it actually looks as good as the 1440p TAA image quality... and it runs at 2x the fps. 1440p DLSS looks better than 4K TAA and runs at 3x the fps.  4K DLSS looks incredible, but not enough to warrant actually using it over 1440p DLSS though. Also, keep in mind just how demanding this demo is... ray tracing all over the place.

DLSS is awesome.  Metro is going to support it, and Anthem.  It's going to give the mid range cards a nice bump in those games I bet.  1080p looking like 1440p, 1440p looking like 4K.  I really can't wait to see DLSS 2x, which keeps the full base resolution and essentially supersamples the image 64x. :whew: 

23 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I didn't know it was an insider build . I thought it was the October update .

Well, I'm just presuming that if your Windows is up to date, then you already have the October build since it's not finding any new updates.  The only new updates since the October update are security fixes, not features.. which would require you to be an insider.

Does your build say Version 1809? (Check by going to Settings > System > About)

It should... and you should be able to download and test it yourself.  (You need to buy the Port Royal upgrade for 3Dmark as well as have the latest Nvidia driver) 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

PC gaming

"Here, try these 80 different things to get this one thing to work which should be working but for reasons completely unknown it's not"

:mj: THHBR

Riiiiiiiight Dynamite... :roll: 

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Ok thanks im downloading 1809 now. The difference between the first 2 pics is very noticeable/.

You said Anthem has this?

Yea, it's going to have it.  Not right at launch though.  They said soon after... but who the fuck knows what that means anymore :shrug: 

Anthem is the only game I tried where performance would randomly shit , especially on the level with all the rain. And Vysnc in that game seems more fuckey than in other games so id def use it on that game. Hopefully soon is soon and not SOTR TRX SOON.

BFV is supposed to have a DLSS patch next week. That game played locked 60 max settings on my card but I did not try ray tracing, well because it was not there for me to try. Ill download that again when DLSS patch hits and try that with ray tracing.

I was going to try that demo you posted but LOL not paying for that .

Battlefield 5 is getting the DLSS patch on Tuesday, as well as further optimizations/improvements to ray-tracing.  It's also a Frostbite 3 game like Anthem, so we might get a little insight to the kinds of performance improvement it will bring to Anthem.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20190212-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_2_Lightning_Strikes_Update_12022019_FINAL.pdf