Jon, I made a comparison of DLSS vs TAA in Port Royal

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Anthem is the only game I tried where performance would randomly shit , especially on the level with all the rain. And Vysnc in that game seems more fuckey than in other games so id def use it on that game. Hopefully soon is soon and not SOTR TRX SOON.

BFV is supposed to have a DLSS patch next week. That game played locked 60 max settings on my card but I did not try ray tracing, well because it was not there for me to try. Ill download that again when DLSS patch hits and try that with ray tracing.

I was going to try that demo you posted but LOL not paying for that .

Yea lol, it cost $3 as an upgrade to 3dmark Advanced.  I got 3dmark advanced for free with something I bought.. can't remember what though... but yea, I wouldn't buy it either if I had to buy Advanced and then the upgrade lmao.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Ill watch the Port demo on youtube.

Yea.  At every resolution DLSS is an improvement visually over the same resolution with TAA.  They actually look better than the next resolution + TAA as well.  1080pDLSS > 1440pTAA.  1440pDLSS > 4KTAA.  4KDLSS looks awesome and performs 2x as good as 4KTAA.  It's really fucking impressive.  The 1440p mode is where it really shines imo.  Great IQ and great performance.

Now with that said... TAA quality varies greatly between games, so in some cases, the improvement is going to be less drastic.  However, there's far more games with shitty TAA implementations, so DLSS will likely always be the better option.

Nvidia needs to start pumping games out with this.  BF5 getting it soon, Metro coming next Friday, Anthem coming right after that... if they all have support for RTX/RT and DLSS really improves the quality/performance, then it will be very good Nvidia's marketing against AMDs Radeon VII.  Those are some big games.. and Tomb Raider is supposed to be getting the finishing touches as well.  I also have a feeling Sekiro will support DLSS, as Nvidia has been keen to show that game off on RTX hardware.  RE2 Remake is supposedly getting RTX support as well, but likely wont be for a while as AMD has a marketing deal with them.

They need to have a steady stream of supported games releasing and being announced.  DLSS is a low key killer feature.