Guys I need your help (sciatica)

So the sciatica nerve on the left is going crazy.  I literally cannot walk.  When I try to walk it feels like somebody is beating my left leg with a baseball bat while electricity is running through my leg and that is not exaggerating. 

I am on some powerful drugs but nothing is really helping.  I am taking Gabapentin, Flexeril, Soma, and Toradol.  All it's doing is just making me high.  A good high but not solving my problem. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Watch the stretch videos on youtube 

Thank you.  I have been doing them for two days.  They helped a lot last time but not this time.  This time it is far more intense.  If I move slightly wrong it sends a shock down my leg.  

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

When I had issues I did stretches and went to physical therapy. Im surprised the gabapentin isn't helping.

My pain just went away after about a month.

A month???? Fuuuuuck.  I just started the Gabapentin so maybe i need to give it a little time

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Go to your doctor and then seek physical therapy, kind of a no brainer. 

I've done both.  This is the second time in a year but this is the first time it is this painful.  

I wasn't sure if I had sciatica or a herniated disk. Someone on here recommended stretches and that relieved it temporarily but you gotta keep doing it. I also bought one of those cushions that have a gap by the tailbone.  I'm guessing it is this piriformis syndrome for me since the pain/discomfort never went below the knee. Recently I noticed that when sitting I seem to be tightening that muscle subconsciously and I did sit on my wallet a lot.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Carlos Vela said:

McKenzie Side Glades and McKenzie Pressups have worked the best for me

still not 100% since fucking myself up while ducking down to grab a sock..

Awesome.  Those help getting a bulging disk back into place.  I will do them.  

So you don't sound like a grumpy ass when you need help :hest: 

And all these kids itt with old man issues wtf :denzel: I'm sure 90% are caused by sitting on a chair for too many years and not enough exercise. Those desk chairs with wheels are complete ass and cut circulation badly.

I couldn't even sit comfortably for an hour the last time I still had a PC desk by the end of it. Now I use my sofa for gaming and PC work, legs stretched out, no issues :smoke: 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

And all these kids itt with old man issues wtf :denzel: I'm sure 90% are caused by sitting on a chair for too many years and not enough exercise. Those desk chairs with wheels are complete ass and cut circulation badly.

I couldn't even sit comfortably for an hour the last time I still had a PC desk by the end of it. Now I use my sofa for gaming and PC work, legs stretched out, no issues :smoke: 

never heard of any of these issues and i sit on my ass 80% :pacspit:

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Nah.. mine was from playing sports for over 30 years, that puts a strain on your body...stopped about 2.5 years ago.... now im getting the inch to go back out there :mj2:

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

I had a wrestling injury in JR High.  Coach had me wrestle in the 180’s after losing to the eventual champion in the 120’s.

If I could pin point a time when it all started that would be it.   Should have sued lol