CrackdownGrade Confirmed

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The insecurity threads are already starting 

It's not downgraded, that was never the game.

They already discussed this in detail, this was a proof of concept not really attached to anything, this was the peak of what could be done. They had to build an actual game out of this though, they had to leverage the amount of acceptable compute usage for the game to allocate from the cloud, they had to look at the scope of the world, what was in it and what kind of gametype could be formed from it. I mean as cool as this looks a bunch of obstructive rubble everywhere doesn't make for a fun game, it makes for a bunch of shit you're going to get stuck on, in and frustrated with.

"Pre-alpha in-game footage":rofl:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Pre-alpha is just another notch up in the prototyping phases of development. 

:snoop:You're lazy as shit, you barely even changed the title name when you stole this from gaf. 

Then the final game must be pre-pre-pre-alpha. :tom: The dude at GAF owned you 40 minutes ago and you've yet to respond. :D

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

Then the final game must be pre-pre-pre-alpha. :tom: The dude at GAF owned you 40 minutes and you've yet to respond. :D

He didn't own me, I'm about to go out and I'll have plenty of time to dig at him when I get back. The developers already negated all of this dumb shit and explained why none of that prototype work would have actually of worked as a game. 

It's a technology presentation you dumb shit. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

He didn't own me, I'm about to go out and I'll have plenty of time to dig at him when I get back. The developers already negated all of this dumb shit and explained why none of that prototype work would have actually of worked as a game. 

It's a technology presentation you dumb shit. 

I know you wanted this cloud physics thing to work real badly for this game, but unfortunately for you it's a massive downgrade and Microsoft fucked up again. :reg:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

'It's a technology presentation you dumb shit' is going to be a glorious post to bump when Dyno starts claiming downgrades on Sony games. 

Quad Damage probably has it stored away for a future necrobump. Locked and loaded. :duke:

Y'all motherfuckers is dumb

What we’re doing in Wrecking Zone is we’re running Havok in Azure. We’re spinning up the equivalent of 12 Xbox Ones, that level of cloud compute, to do this lockstep full destruction. What this means is that if you’re on a day one Xbox One from four years ago, or a brand new Xbox One X, that experience of destruction will be the same on all platforms. An Xbox One X will be rendering it in 4K and an Xbox One will be in 1080p or what have you, but a destructive chunk is a destructive chunk regardless of the platform. It’s really nice. It means that even if I have an older piece of hardware, I’m not getting a downgraded Wrecking Zone experience.

There are no technical limits to how big we could make this map or the number of players we could put into it. I mean, I’m sure there are eventually some limits, but there are no hard, immediate technical limits. The reason why the map is the size it is, the player count we have, those are all design choices. We could have chosen to spin up more Azure servers. There are, of course, costs associated with that, so we had to find some balance between the experience and the cost.But that’s how we’re using cloud compute, to create this consistently fun, fully destructible experience for everyone on all platforms.

Also, we have distributed data centers around the world, so we’re making sure people aren’t adversely affected by bad ping times. Whatever platform you’re on, wherever you are in the world, it should be an equally enjoyable experience.

P.S. This is how Crackdown 3 originally looked... It got upgraded...

crackdown3_1517593b.png?sid=55c7eacb3056

Edited by DynamiteCop!