PS5 rumor from Beyond3D (first Wii specs were leaked this way)

39 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bro, if these are the specs it still will be full priced by the Holidays. 

I never said the first holidays....you realize a lot of people just don't buy anything full priced regardless of what the price is right? 

why do you think sales always spike for any console when there's a bundle/deal/holidays. There's always going to be people that wait it out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can just imagine how insane the tech demo's for this thing are going to be though     God I want next gen to get here quick.  I'm tellin yall... mesh shaders and meshlets are going to push

How many gamecubes duct taped together is it?

The only true metric     Let's just say... a LOT.  

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Listed are only ICs from Micron, the competitors Samsung and SK Hynix are not represented. It should also be borne in mind that the quoted reference prices are for a purchase quantity of 2,000 units, graphics card manufacturers are likely to buy significantly larger quantities and thus receive the components cheaper. 3dcenter.org estimates the possible discount on 20 to 40 percent and we would also like to point out once again that the following data are estimates.

From the prices quoted, it can be calculated that total storage costs only about $ 35-45 (GDDR5) or $ 55-75 (GDDR6) for say 8GB GiBDoubling the amount of storage to 16 GiB would also double the purchase cost, so the storage would cost around $ 70- $ 90 or $ 110-150. Cost factors such as assembly and even the more complex boards are not taken into account.

Dude... nobody is paying $500+ for 20GB of memory.. how could they even do business like that on this scale? :D :D :D 

They couldn't which is the point, it's still new, it's a 70% cost surplus over GDDR5.

I mean lynx already did the basic math more or less. $88 for 8GB's of GDDR5, divide that $88 by 8 and you come up with $11 per GB, add 70% which is $18.70 per 1GB module then multiply that by 20, that right there is $374.

:shrug:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They couldn't which is the point, it's still new, it's a 70% cost surplus over GDDR5.

I mean lynx already did the basic math more or less. $88 for 8GB's of GDDR5, divide that $88 by 8 and you come up with $11 per GB, add 70% which is $18.70 per stick then multiply that by 20, that right there is $374.

Nah, it doesn't work like that.

That's on a per chip basis straight up 1:1. We're talking hundreds of thousands or even millions of chips... at that point you're only downfall is yield. Sony is not paying $300 for memory. :shake: And they sure as fuck aren't using GDDR5X or HBM.

Another thing you haven't looked at is what is SK and Samsung pricing these chips at? Micron has always been historically more expensive. Sony uses Samsung memory.

Until we see what component is being used we won't know how much they're paying or at least get a rough ideal.

• Upvote 1

Except it does.

No.. it doesn't.  Congrats... you did basic math to figure out cost per GB.... for a single GPU. You're completely glossing over the fact that GPU manufacturers don't pay full price per chip... they purchase in bulk.  2000 units is the absolute minimum, and that is the price per 2000 units.  Buying 1 million or 2-3 million is going to be significantly cheaper.  Stop being completely fucking stupid, please.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

That's on a per chip basis straight up 1:1. We're talking hundreds of thousands or even millions of chips... at that point you're only downfall is yield. Sony is not paying $300 for memory. :shake: And they sure as fuck aren't using GDDR5X or HBM.

Another thing you haven't looked at is what is SK and Samsung pricing these chips at? Micron has always been historically more expensive. Sony uses Samsung memory.

Until we see what component is being used we won't know how much they're paying or at least get a rough ideal.

That's on a per chip basis extrapolated from WHOLESALE PURCHASING and then individualized to break down per GB cost....

Yeah no shit Sony isn't spending that... because those specs are a fucking pipe dream.

Oh and look the article Dyno sourced was based on bad info

So, first they publish an article in which they've used a trusted and well-known distributor as a source of current prices, and then.... how do I put it mildly... they f#$% it up by taking someone's word for granted on their forum an do a complete "sensational" rewrite of the article in which the price difference has been inflated from 20 to 70%.
The rest of the article is irrelevant because their analysis is based on bad numbers.

The main thing in this article is a consistent flow of brown bullshit.
70% is ridiculous. Just by going to Digikey and verifying prices can shed some light:
1) Micron 8Gbit GDDR5 1.5GHz : $18.50
2) Micron 8Gbit GDDR6 1.5GHz : $22.25 (+20%)
3) Micron 8Gbit GDDR6 1.75GHz : $23.58 (+27%)

LOL

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's on a per chip basis extrapolated from WHOLESALE PURCHASING and then individualized to break down per GB cost....

Yeah no shit Sony isn't spending that... because those specs are a fucking pipe dream.

:snoop: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh and look the article Dyno sourced was based on bad info

LOL

Nice try but you failed to read the rest where that is being pulled from Digi-Key who is a 3rd party distributor. The relevant data in the article is pulled from direct wholesale purchasing from Micron.

RIP You, you faggos are trying so hard to not be wrong lol. Suck it up, the shit is expensive and invalidates that spec spread. Get over it.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nice try but you failed to read the rest where that is being pulled from Digi-Key who is a 3rd party distributor. The relevant data in the article is pulled from direct wholesale purchasing from Micron.

RIP You, you faggos are trying so hard to not be wrong lol. Suck it up, the shit is expensive and invalidates that spec spread. Get over it.

LOL :pavarotti: 

First you were at $500+... then you were $300+... and now you're still trying to say it's 70% cost surplus over GDDR5, while still not taking into consideration that your numbers have ALL been based off of cost per 2000 units... which doesn't hold true for purchases in the millions of units.  You're fucking delusional.  Yes... the chips are more expensive than GDDR5.. no shit.  Yes... RAM is a significant portion of the cost of the system... No... it is not as expensive as you were trying to make it out to be.  Now chill the fuck out :| 

And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying those specs aren't a bit on the wishful thinking side...  I'm not expecting 24GB of RAM and 12-14TF... so yea

Just now, Remij_ said:

LOL :pavarotti: 

First you were at $500+... then you were $300+... and now you're still trying to say it's 70% cost surplus over GDDR5, while still not taking into consideration that your numbers have ALL been based off of cost per 2000 units... which doesn't hold true for purchases in the millions of units.  You're fucking delusional.  Yes... the chips are more expensive than GDDR5.. no shit.  Yes... RAM is a significant portion of the cost of the system... No... it is not as expensive as you were trying to make it out to be.

No, I said $527 based upon that wholesale purchase, then based off of what lynux said using his number with the cost surplus applied even then it would be $374. Get your facts straight.

What are you expecting? They're going to halve the cost of their memory if the orders go into the millions? That's not how shit works, they might get a contractual discount of 10% or something but what you guys are hoping for is blind delusional.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, I said $527 based upon that wholesale purchase, then based off of what lynux said using his number with the cost surplus applied even then it would be $374. Get your facts straight.

What are you expecting? They're going to halve the cost of their memory if the orders go into the millions? That's not how shit works, they might get a contractual discount of 10% or something but what you guys are hoping for is blind delusional.

Yea, you said "this is what it costs" then after lynux posted, you're saying.. "ok, this is what it would cost"... and you're basing it off of the wholesale price... which manufacturers of products on this scale don't fucking pay.

10% off for millions of units? Sure  :drake: 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, you said "this is what it costs" then after lynux posted, you're saying.. "ok, this is what it would cost"... and you're basing it off of the wholesale price... which manufacturers of products on this scale don't fucking pay.

10% for millions of units?  :drake: 

No, you're a fucking liar. My post is still on this very page and you're trying to spin it. Fucking off yourself.

Yes 10% for millions, at $20+ per module that's over $2.00 savings per unit. That's a huge dig into Micron, or Hynix, or Samsung etc. It doesn't matter who, you are expecting way too much...

42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I mean lynx already did the basic math more or less. $88 for 8GB's of GDDR5, divide that $88 by 8 and you come up with $11 per GB, add 70% which is $18.70 per 1GB module then multiply that by 20, that right there is $374.

I said more or less for a very specific purpose, the GDDR5 Sony used isn't fast, and it's not very expensive. Not all GDDR5 is the same...

Edited by DynamiteCop!