PS5 rumor from Beyond3D (first Wii specs were leaked this way)

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, you're a fucking liar. My post is still on this very page and you're trying to spin it. Fucking off yourself.

Yes 10% for millions, at $20+ per module that's over $2.00 savings per unit. That's a huge dig into Micron, or Hynix, or Samsung etc. It doesn't matter who, you are expecting way too much...

You have no clue.. and you're mad as fuck.  Chill breh :tom: 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can just imagine how insane the tech demo's for this thing are going to be though     God I want next gen to get here quick.  I'm tellin yall... mesh shaders and meshlets are going to push

How many gamecubes duct taped together is it?

The only true metric     Let's just say... a LOT.  

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yep, 16 GB's of HBM2 at minimum is $320 but it's outlandish to think an even newer and comparable memory technology at 20 GB's costs more. Totally outlandish.

:mj:

Yes.. HBM2 is WAY more complex to integrate.  The cost of the memory, the cost of the interposer silicon, yields, and there's the fact that companies charge premiums for top of the line products.. memory is no different.  Memory manufacturers charge more for high end products.  HBM2 is still the highest end product for specific markets.  Are you trying to act like they are comparable at all?  There's also the fact that we're again talking about 10s to 100s of thousands of units vs MILLIONS of units.

Come the FUCK on :shake: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes.. HBM2 is WAY more complex to integrate.  The cost of the memory, the cost of the interposer silicon, yields, and there's the fact that companies charge premiums for top of the line products.. memory is no different.  Memory manufacturers charge more for high end products.  HBM is still the highest end product for specific markets.  Are you trying to act like they are comparable at all?  There's also the fact that we're again talking about 10s to 100 of thousands of units vs MILLIONS of units.

Come the FUCK on :shake: 

They're both detached IC's, their integration has zero bearing on them as units because the manufacture has nothing to do with integration. They sell the chips, the buyer does the integration. 

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're both detached IC's, their integration has zero bearing on them as units because the manufacture has nothing to do with integration. They sell the chips, the buyer does the integration. 

The interposer is included with the memory cost, as well as packaging and materials.  They're not paying $320 per card for HBM2 either...  That is again based on a specific unit count.  You're fucking delusional if you think that's how it works.  Those figures are based on a specific quantity... that no manufacturer is paying.  They are probably getting at least 30-40% discount... maybe even more depending on volume.

And again, yields and other premiums apply and change the equation.

16GB of hypothetical GDDR6 (using 3DCenter.org’s prices from earlier this year) clocked at 14Gbps comes in at $187. Then again, AMD’s HBM2 interface unambiguously delivers more memory bandwidth than any RTX, which speaks to some of the intrinsic pricing difference.

:juggle: 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Even if that were the case that's still $233.60 and then there's the DDR4. None of this pans out, there's no roads to that system existing with those specs. 

Yea it's pushin it.. I agree.  The guy WAS apparently  confirmed to work at Sony HQ though.

The only thing that truly gives me pause is the memory bandwidth.  It has to be DDR4+GDDR6 combined.  It could be 864GB/s GDDR6 + 16GB/s DDR4 @ 4000mhz on a 32-bit bus. :D

I really sincerely doubt that... so.. yea it's likely bullshit.

Maybe Sony is getting some massive discounts on the GPU die since they're apparently in close partnership in developing NAVI with AMD? lol

2 hours ago, Casual said:

I never said the first holidays....you realize a lot of people just don't buy anything full priced regardless of what the price is right? 

why do you think sales always spike for any console when there's a bundle/deal/holidays. There's always going to be people that wait it out.

Yes... and the longer they wait it out the losses stack up... ALA the PS3.