PS5 rumor from Beyond3D (first Wii specs were leaked this way)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can just imagine how insane the tech demo's for this thing are going to be though     God I want next gen to get here quick.  I'm tellin yall... mesh shaders and meshlets are going to push

How many gamecubes duct taped together is it?

The only true metric     Let's just say... a LOT.  

Just now, Goukosan said:

Bro you are BEYOND CLUELESS. :|

:mj:

Yeah because being correct equates to being clueless, a larger wholesale purchase is still a wholesale purchase. Whatever Sony would pay for memory per module wouldn't be some large divergence from other wholesales no matter how large the quantity. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah because being correct equates to being clueless, a larger wholesale purchase is still a wholesale purchase. Whatever Sony would pay for memory per module wouldn't be some large divergence from other wholesales no matter how large the quantity. 

:mj:

I'm going all out for the PS5, it's really the only traditional console left. Pains me to say but the console gaming field has been narrowed over the past few years. Sony's the only one left standing.

If PS5 fails our hobby as we know it dies. What MS is pushing for would literally destroy this industry. PC gaming in encroaching fast, like a virus. We need to do everything to shut down anyone who goes against traditional console values, exclusive experiences and dedicated, static hardware.

Curse you Windows 10, curse you to hell.

• Haha 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Got no idea what any of those specs mean but you guys sound pretty excited so it must be good. 

Regarding price point, there is zero way Sony do $599 again. $499 max. 

$499 would be the highest base sku, and $599 for some bundle or something.

But yea, the specs are very likely wishful thinking.  It made for a entertaining thread though :] 

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Got no idea what any of those specs mean but you guys sound pretty excited so it must be good. 

Regarding price point, there is zero way Sony do $599 again. $499 max. 

i could see $499 being the new norm. 

34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

$499 would be the highest base sku, and $599 for some bundle or something.

But yea, the specs are very likely wishful thinking.  It made for a entertaining thread though :] 

I honestly believe that Sony has learnt that for launch, a single SKU is the way to go. Less confusion, no mixed message. They've done the best when they went with this method. Any bundles would prob be just ones made by the retailers.

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i could see $499 being the new norm. 

Yeah same. $499 launch price for hardware and $70 for games. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I honestly believe that Sony has learnt that for launch, a single SKU is the way to go. Less confusion, no mixed message. They've done the best when they went with this method. Any bundles would prob be just ones made by the retailers.

especially if the ps5 greatly enhances ps4 games, while offering ps5 exclusives. 

23 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Eh, I'd love to agree with you.. but I think they'll have a separate SKU ($50-100 more) with more drive space and possibly some PS+ subscription for a year.  I just get that feeling.

Doubtful. Sony will go one SKU for the exact reasons madmaltese mentioned. Sony will allow hard drive swapping as they've done for the last two generations defeating the purpose of a SKU with a larger hard drive.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Doubtful. Sony will go one SKU for the exact reasons madmaltese mentioned. Sony will allow hard drive swapping as they've done for the last two generations defeating the purpose of a SKU with a larger hard drive.

It's not about not allowing hard drive swapping or anything like that.. it's the fact that they want to make $499 seem like a sweeter deal than it is.

We'll see brehs :mjpls: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's not about not allowing hard drive swapping or anything like that.. it's the fact that they want to make $499 seem like a sweeter deal than it is.

We'll see brehs :mjpls: 

I think Sony is going to sell the system as they intended right off the bat. No reason to split SKUs at launch. Sony knows the hardcores are going to go in and swoop it up regardless of the price or how sweet the deal may or may not be. The last thing Sony wants or needs is the retard bundle sitting in supply chains because all the hardcores went and got the better model at launch (ala PS3 20GB).

Will be interesting though to see what it's all about at the end of the day. :]

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I think Sony is going to sell the system as they intended right off the bat. No reason to split SKUs at launch. Sony knows the hardcores are going to go in and swoop it up regardless of the price or how sweet the deal may or may not be. The last thing Sony wants or needs is the retard bundle sitting in supply chains because all the hardcores went and got the better model at launch (ala PS3 20GB).

Will be interesting though to see what it's all about at the end of the day. :]

I don't think they'd release a "retard bundle" (lmao)  We're essentially talking 1TB and 2TB models with a value added subscription to PS+ (which may include BC games)

Some shit like that.  But yea, I understand it's just as unlikely.  Whatever.  But I'm pretty sure $499 is where next gen begins.