Why does this keep happening?

Bladerunner 2049 has been the only reboot sequel whatever I've liked in a long ass time. Are studios too scared to produce anything new? It either has to be based on a comic book or be based another movie that was popular in the 80's or 90's and then just change a few of the characters around and rehash the same idea again and again.

Fuck the new Star wars movies. Rogue one was great because it felt original, the new mainline movies are identical to the old ones :mindblown:

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Ruining ghost busters, Aladdin, lion king, men in black, star wars, fuck is nothing sacred? :jonb:

tbh tho, I don't care about ghost busters. and aladdin and lion king are animation movies for me. I won't waste my time with that shit.

but Men in Black?? wtf

I don't care what race the actors are. Fuck that doesn't matter. It's the lack of originality. It's so fucking lazy and they take the ticket buyer for granted. It's like there's a big list of popular movies of the past that's hanging on the wall of some executives office and he's just throwing darts at what franchise to revive next. 

It's sad that there wasn't a single movie that had the same impact on me like jumanji. This movie was part of my childhood and now there are two of it. The original and a failure.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Next thing will be reboots with transgender.

You can bet on it.

They're trying to destroy the fabric of Western society for some reason, I haven't figured out what yet but all of this shit isn't coming together by happenstance, it's guided. 

• Haha 1
Just now, kaz said:

It's sad that there wasn't a single movie that had the same impact on me like jumanji. This movie was part of my childhood and now there are two of it. The original and a failure.

Would it pain you to know that the reboot was more successful than the original?