2 months of gamepass for $2

The two months would take them all the way to the end of March, and they would turn around and make a press release about how tons of people are subscribed to Xbox Game Pass.

They have yet to make a single press release saying that they are over 10 million subscribers.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

God damn they are desperate. This shit is just not as great as they want it to be, people aren't getting suckered in. 

This is Microsoft's way of padding Crackdowngrade 3's player count. It ensures they have something positive to say about the impending flop.

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Almost every service based product does this for new subscribers 

Honestly speaking though, no service was had so much constant deals that I can remember than GP. Zero streaming services like Netflix, Prime, etc. Never PS Now. Plus and Gold have the usual deals on yearly subs. GP is legit so often given away for a $1. I am not complaining for a second. As a consumer this is the most amazing value ever given in gaming history. But it is clear that MS is taking a shit on this in the hope of it becoming a mainstream thing in the future. 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Honestly speaking though, no service was had so much constant deals that I can remember than GP. Zero streaming services like Netflix, Prime, etc. Never PS Now. Plus and Gold have the usual deals on yearly subs. GP is legit so often given away for a $1. I am not complaining for a second. As a consumer this is the most amazing value ever given in gaming history. But it is clear that MS is taking a shit on this in the hope of it becoming a mainstream thing in the future. 

Well duh why wouldn't MS want this to take off?  Is they're whole objective to do business but not have customers?  What's your point?  Taken a shit?  Do you know how much MS is worth?  How could they be taking a shit? I find it very strange when people speak like this like Microsoft is pinching pennies on their businesses including gaming.. Where did you ever get that idea?  They put out the best hardware, best gaming services, best infrastructure.  Stop being so jealous.

Edited by S#$@%^i
38 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Well duh why wouldn't MS want this to take off?  Is they're whole objective to do business but not have customers?  What's your point?  Taken a shit?  Do you know how much MS is worth?  How could they be taking a shit? I find it very strange when people speak like this like Microsoft is pinching pennies on their businesses including gaming.. Where did you ever get that idea?  They put out the best hardware, best gaming services, best infrastructure.  Stop being so jealous.

It obviously meant to read 'taking a hit'. 

and the whole objective to doing business is to make money. Having everyone pay $1 for GP is most definitely not their goal and most def not making them money. They are taking a hit on it now to get ppl aboard hoping the taste makes ppl understand the value and stay on. We'll see how it goes.

Seriously you xbox fans are like cult level obsessed. I think I could talk shit about your mothers and not get the same reaction. I literally called it the greatest value in gaming history in this very thread.

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

Provide links to how this is not doing good . I'll wait :reg:

There was that Streaming Service breakdown report a while ago that had it's numbers fairly low. Well behind PS Now (which is so rarely discounted).

Likewise though, post links to provide it is doing well. We simply don't know because MS never gives numbers. I hope it is because paying what they currently charge and getting all first parties day 1 plus 100+ other games would be amazing moving forward.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There was that Streaming Service breakdown report a while ago that had it's numbers fairly low. Well behind PS Now (which is so rarely discounted).

Likewise though, post links to provide it is doing well. We simply don't know because MS never gives numbers. I hope it is because paying what they currently charge and getting all first parties day 1 plus 100+ other games would be amazing moving forward.

There's been plenty of reports that Gamepass is doing well for MS.  Of course doing well might not mean huge increases in revenue.. it can mean things like drawing awareness and interest to the brand, does well for them in marketing, it apparently has cause game purchases to increase due to being able to essentially try before you buy.. which is another success for them.  And, as I've said before... it's successful in the fact that it helps them further their agenda of pushing for adoption of digital gaming and use of the digital store as well as planting the seed that subscription gaming might not be so bad and is another option for consumers to consider.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

PsNow is also on PC