2 months of gamepass for $2

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

There's been plenty of reports that Gamepass is doing well for MS.  Of course doing well might not mean huge increases in revenue.. it can mean things like drawing awareness and interest to the brand, does well for them in marketing, it apparently has cause game purchases to increase due to being able to essentially try before you buy.. which is another success for them.  And, as I've said before... it's successful in the fact that it helps them further their agenda of pushing for adoption of digital gaming and use of the digital store as well as planting the seed that subscription gaming might not be so bad and is another option for consumers to consider.

I mean revenue (and specifically profit wise) wise. Those are all obviously things that MS is currently hoping to promote while taking a hit of the very cheap price of GP.

I'm far from convinced by the 'GP has led to increased game sales' narrative that MS spew out. We have no idea how well those things would've sold without GP so them having 'good' sales doesn't necessarily have any correlation to GP. All of Sonys and Ninty's first party games also having excellent record breaking sales but the narrative is different because they don't have GP. So I don't hold much in the words of MS since they clearly want to promote GP. Also if you notice with NPD charts nearly every first party MS title was launch heavy then nearly totally fell off the charts moving forward, unlike all the other titles that usually get no.1/2/3 spots then linger in the lower top 10s for months. Only Forza lingers like Forza always has. 

We prob won't know if it has been a success or not till next gen and beyond. Hopefully so though. Would love it to be the standard moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

PsNow is also on PC 

GP is on PC also, specifically for MS' games which MS use to usually hint that GP is a big success with their player count announcements.....

All the 'X million players on SOD/SoT' reports always include PC GP players lol

It's been their strategy for a while. Have a crazy good GP sale right before a first party release. Then make a 'player count' announcement for the game. 

GamePass is not on PC . Not even all of the first party games are on PC . 

Play Anywhere is NOT gamepass .

There is like maybe a total of 10 games on PC , shit like Disneyland Adventures .

You already choose to believe MS is lying about stuff so there isn't even a reason to argue with a deluded fanboys like you .

I'm not claiming that MS is the number 1 , you guys are claiming GP is flopping , not doing well , Ms is desperate and yada yada so again , I'll wait .

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

There is like maybe a total of 10 games on PC , shit like Disneyland Adventures .

You already choose to believe MS is lying about stuff so there isn't even a reason to argue with a deluded fanboys like you .

I'm not claiming that MS is the number 1 , you guys are claiming GP is flopping , not doing well , Ms is desperate and yada yada so again , I'll wait .

GamePass on PC is a side effect of Play Anywhere, nothing more and nothing less. 

51 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You're gonna mention Disney Adventure and not Gears, Halo Wars, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, Forza and every other MS first party moving forward. Pretty much the no.1 reason to have GP is MS first party. Up until last night the only place I ever played GP was on PC. 

The only thing I claimed is that MS is taking a hit to encourage ppl to hop on board.

Say I'm subbing: Nothing

Say it's literally the best value ever in gaming: Nothing

Say MS is taking a hit with the constant crazy deals in the hope it becomes mainstream: 

tenor.png

59 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

GamePass on PC is a side effect of Play Anywhere, nothing more and nothing less. 

It's also a big portion of where the users are coming from.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/35-of-current-sea-of-thieves-players-are-on-windows-10-inside-xbox.97932/#post-17616729

35% to be exact when it comes to Sea of Thieves....

But you're fine with jonb dismissing a platform when it has a 35% player share lol

They can't even say that "more than 10 million" people have Gamepass.

On a console that has (supposedly) sold 40 million.

We know there isn't an actual userbase of 40 million Xbox One console owners. They are clearly a smaller userbase that has purchased multiple Xbox One consoles because they are replacing the launch version, with the S version, or some of them replaced their launch version with the X version. Or some of them have even go as far as buying all three versions. There's plenty of overlap, probably moreso than any other previous console and their hardware versions.

I don't think the true Xbox One userbase,which is to say actual owners, is greater than 30 million. There's probably at least a third of their owners who bought a second Xbox One.

I think I might jump on the $2 if I can play the majority of those games on PC, I'll take a look at the available games and see what can be played. Two months and then cancel.

52 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're gonna mention Disney Adventure and not Gears, Halo Wars, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, Forza and every other MS first party moving forward. Pretty much the no.1 reason to have GP is MS first party. Up until last night the only place I ever played GP was on PC. 

The only thing I claimed is that MS is taking a hit to encourage ppl to hop on board.

Say I'm subbing: Nothing

Say it's literally the best value ever in gaming: Nothing

Say MS is taking a hit with the constant crazy deals in the hope it becomes mainstream: 

tenor.png

You're not playing gamepass your playing play anywhere titles that are gamepass .

GamePass has like 150 + games on Xbox . On PC it has 10 , and not even all , probably not even half of the first party on Xbox 

You paid for gamepass on PC only ? Lol 

You're the one that went on a rant saying I had to prove its success when you admitted to not believing anything Ms says anyway. 

So why even bother ? StupidMutt LOL

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

You're not playing gamepass your playing play anywhere titles that are gamepass .

GamePass has like 150 + games on Xbox . On PC it has 10 , and not even all , probably not even half of the first party on Xbox 

You paid for gamepass on PC only ? Lol 

You're the one that went on a rant saying I had to prove its success when you admitted to not believing anything Ms says anyway. 

So why even bother ? StupidMutt LOL

Yes slow jon, I paid $1 for State of Decay 2, Sea Of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4 plus other MS titles I had missed like Halo Wars 2 and Recore. How dumb of me............... then again tbh, most of those aren't worth the $1 so you're probably not wrong :mj:

8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

It obviously meant to read 'taking a hit'. 

and the whole objective to doing business is to make money. Having everyone pay $1 for GP is most definitely not their goal and most def not making them money. They are taking a hit on it now to get ppl aboard hoping the taste makes ppl understand the value and stay on. We'll see how it goes.

Seriously you xbox fans are like cult level obsessed. I think I could talk shit about your mothers and not get the same reaction. I literally called it the greatest value in gaming history in this very thread.

Well, when it takes off it'll make a ton of money.   The problem is the negativity from haters like you.   All you guys do is try to say shit like "they can't give it away! lolololol".  Give them a chance to make it work at least.  If it were any other company selling any other product (not video games offering a deal like  $2 for 2 months, and NOT competing with your hero sony) you would be saying this is amazing .. I love this company! But no, it's MS who competes with your favorite gaming brand aka sony so you're criticizing.  All the haters on this board are the same.  IT's SW after all. Can't you detect your own bias?

Edited by S#$@%^i
1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

You couldn't work a 6 hour day LOL 

I complained about. I've been doing it every week for 5 months. You are slow. This has refuted all and any future points, and i'm pretty sure you're too stupid to even get how unironically cuz it's always real sad - wrong you are.

Also what does working long hours have to do with not being remedial. :D You go work 12 hours and convince yourself it was good.