Next gen XBox might not have disc at all, using One S Discless to test consumer reaction

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all next gen consoles will be discless, this isnt even worth discussing. Disc media is fucking dead. 

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What unique code or verification method would be "registered" online to Microsoft?

Unless you are saying that they have to do the registration with another piece of Xbox hardware that has the disc drive and can verify it as an authentic disc copy.

Let's say you're a lapsed former X360 owner, never touched an Xbox One (which is very common), and now want to buy a discless console. How would they go about transferring their game discs digitally?

The disc id. Presumably you'd have to have an Xbox One to register them to your account... They aren't obligated to make it as easy for you as possible... I'm just saying they COULD allow you to register them from your console... or yes take them to a MS store.  Other than that... there's always an option to buy the games from the store.

36 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Saves on costs which can be put elsewhere.  More compact and efficient cooling console.  No spinning or moving parts (possibly the HDD (could be SSD with extra savings)) which means quieter operation, and less prone to failure.  Each year digital sales are growing exponentially..  Retail stores focusing on physical games are a dying thing of the past..Gamestop is going under..  MS is more focused on subscription models which the industry is definitely adopting at a fast rate.

It's time.  You don't have good internet?  They have a console for that... it's called the Xbox One.

Let's go MS :smoke: 

Aza, your days are numbered :smug: 

They'll save $30 on manufacturing, while consumers get stuck with $60 empty disc boxes that they can't resell. Amazing.

Just now, Ramza said:

They'll save $30 on manufacturing, while consumers get stuck with $60 empty disc boxes that they can't resell. Amazing.

$60 empty disc boxes?  You're getting a game :| 

I was talking about having presence in retail stores... that's a different issue than disc vs no disc...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

$60 empty disc boxes?  You're getting a game :| 

I was talking about having presence in retail stores... that's a different issue than disc vs no disc...

You're getting a one off dl code. Garbage.

I've been selling %50 of the retail games I buy. I wouldn't buy that many games otherwise. Only a complete moron would brag about consumers getting less options and having to pay more.

Just because you're used to getting raped on PC digital stores doesn't mean everyone else has to like it. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

You're getting a one off dl code. Garbage.

I've been selling %50 of the retail games I buy. I wouldn't buy that many games otherwise. Only a complete moron would brag about consumers getting less options and having to pay more.

Just because you're used to getting raped on PC digital stores doesn't mean everyone else has to like it. 

Congrats.. the disc-less system isn't for you.  Buy one that has a disc-drive.  You'll have 7 years to get over it for the next time you're asked to make such a difficult decision :roll: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Congrats.. the disc-less system isn't for you.  Buy one that has a disc-drive.  You'll have 7 years to get over it for the next time you're asked to make such a difficult decision :roll: 

There won't be a system with a disc to buy, if the cheapest model is discless. You're getting codes in a box you can't resell. 

Says the guy bragging about a potential digital only future. Shut your filthy ass mouth. 

Just now, Team 2019 said:

There won't be a system with a disc to buy, if the cheapest model is discless. You're getting codes in a box you can't resell. 

God you're fucking stupid.  This coming gen will have both...  fuck THIS gen will have both...  They will still have a physical presence next gen...:snoop: 

Says the guy bragging about a potential digital only future. Shut your filthy ass mouth. 

Not bragging dipshit... I'm trolling you because that's what it's going to be eventually..  You're dogshit fucking stupid if you think it's not.  You're not the center of the gaming universe.. so get over yourself.  If you're so bat shit against it, then gaming for you dies with it.. then go ahead.  There's some of us that have embraced it for years and this isn't some fucking apocalyptic shit you're making it out to be.   Fuck your game discs and fuck your shitty consoles :hest: 

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Please explain to me why you would ever release disc versions if half of your user base if not more has a discless system? 

Ask pubs who still release physical PC versions of games... ask idiots who buy Limited Print copies of 30mb digital indie games...  :drake: 

There's market enough for both... You wouldn't need to produce as many copies of physical games.. so costs would go down.  You still need the period of transition.. because not everyone is going to adopt right away.  Once digital becomes 70%+ of game sales, which will happen this coming gen... then the next gen you go disc-less.

Not bragging dipshit... I'm trolling you because that's what it's going to be eventually..  You're dogshit fucking stupid if you think it's not.  You're not the center of the gaming universe.. so get over yourself.  If you're so bat shit against it, then gaming for you dies with it.. then go ahead.  There's some of us that have embraced it for years and this isn't some fucking apocalyptic shit you're making it out to be.   Fuck your game discs and fuck your shitty consoles :hest: 

Used games sales is still a few billion worth annually of money. It ain't dead yet. 

You've embraced paying more and you love it as the idiotic consumer you are. Congrats.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Ask pubs who still release physical PC versions of games... ask idiots who buy Limited Print copies of 30mb digital indie games...  :drake: 

There's market enough for both... You wouldn't need to produce as many copies of physical games.. so costs would go down.  You still need the period of transition.. because not everyone is going to adopt right away.  Once digital becomes 70%+ of game sales, which will happen this coming gen... then the next gen you go disc-less.

Except MS doesn't even have prints small enough for games like Nier Automata. Nevermind limited prints. 

Next gen they're going to sacrifice appeal and user base to push their digital agenda. Fact. 

Just now, Ramza said:

Used games sales is still a few billion worth annually of money. It ain't dead yet. 

You've embraced paying more and you love it as the idiotic consumer you are. Congrats.

I never said it was dead yet dipshit...  We are entering the transition period, where all the little bitches like you will whine incessantly because you feel your world is crumbling.. so you attack others for it because they've already moved on and don't give a shit.

Who's embraced paying more?  I can find brand new games from legit key sellers online which cost $20 less than retail copies...

Just now, Remij_ said:

I never said it was dead yet dipshit...  We are entering the transition period, where all the little bitches like you will whine incessantly because you feel your world is crumbling.. so you attack others for it because they've already moved on and don't give a shit.

Who's embraced paying more?  I can find brand new games from legit key sellers online which cost $20 less than retail copies...

It's idiotic from a consumer perspective and only benefits publishers. I don't care if everyone chooses the lesser options for them, I won't. 

You're a PC gamer, you pay more by default. I can make more than $20 off from reselling recently released games. It's even more when put into CAD. Brand new games cost $90 with taxes, you get almost $45 in resell value when they're still recent. Fuck your shit.

It's idiotic from a consumer perspective and only benefits publishers. I don't care if everyone chooses the lesser options for them, I won't. 

You're a PC gamer, you pay more by default. I can make more than $20 off from reselling recently released games. It's even more when put into CAD. Brand new games cost $90 with taxes, you get almost $45 in resell value when they're still recent. Fuck your shit.

I don't care about selling my shit...  that doesn't make my games cost more dummy :drake: 

And digital stores are already looking into and allowing people to sell their digital games back for store credit.  These are all things being looked into and worked on since they will become issues in the future, and will be imperative to having people like yourself eventually adopt it.

Look into the fucking FUTURE man... stop thinking about what it is now... god damn.

I don't care about selling my shit...  that doesn't make my games cost more dummy :drake: 

And digital stores are already looking into and allowing people to sell their digital games back for store credit.  These are all things being looked into and worked on since they will become issues in the future, and will be imperative to having people like yourself eventually adopt it.

Look into the fucking FUTURE man... stop thinking about what it is now... god damn.

In a way, it does actually. 

Removing options from consumers is only going to backfire on us. I guarantee games will drop in prices a lot slower with no used games sales that decreases their value over time.

There's zero possibility of them not having a system with a 4K UHD drive. Zero, none, 0%. You guys say these dumb things like you haven't realized they've learned to not alienate people, it doesn't go well. You worst of all don't alienate a 50+ percentile or so of your install base.

They will provide options, they're not going to mandate or dictate this in their hardware design, it would be entirely optional. They will offer a discless and disc based system of BOTH SKU's. No one is considering bandwidth caps, slow internet connections, inconsistent internet connections, collectors, normal people who like having something physical.

There's no road that leads to a discless only system, they would effectually be handing the generation over to Sony again... You can hope and dream all you want but it's a stupid hope and stupid a dream. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!