Katy Perry blackface shoes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

better than crocs

You're a racist I'm a racist we're all racists! 

"bu bu bu bu intent tho  "   Don't ask why if you just gonna be a bitch about it.     EDIT: And don't give me that "bu bu walking on eggshells" bullshit.  You cry every time some S

11 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

how come now one gets upset over black emojis on our phones? Why is that ok?

Because black emojis are not the same as black face, which evokes the old minstrel shows that were meant to make fun of black people, specifically:

Minstrel_PosterBillyVanWare_edit.jpg

12 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

how come now one gets upset over black emojis on our phones? Why is that ok? I swear this shit is becoming the "don't draw mohammed" equivalent. 

The progs do. They call it digital blackface. 

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/digital-blackface-reaction-gifs

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

https://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/100000005615988/the-white-internets-love-affair-with-digital-blackface.html

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

Because black emojis are not the same as black face, which evokes the old minstrel shows that were meant to make fun of black people, specifically:

Minstrel_PosterBillyVanWare_edit.jpg

Does intent not matter any more? 

23 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Intent to not give a fuck it's blackface definetely matters. 

Why are people so upset they have to be a little more sensitive towards blacks and gays? Never would this bother me. 

Why do black people have to be so sensitive? No one gives at shit about that white face or yellow face but dear God we can't accidentally unintentionally offend a black person. Better halt that production line ladies, a black person is offended!! :colbertdid: 

Seriously can we all not just grow up and act like adults now? Will the past forever haunt black people? In the year 3000 will this still be a thing? I fucking hope not. 

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Why do black people have to be so sensitive? No one gives at shit about that white face or yellow face but dear God we can't accidentally unintentionally offend a black person. Better halt that production line ladies, a black person is offended!! :colbertdid: 

Seriously can we all not just grow up and act like adults now? Will the past forever haunt black people? In the year 3000 will this still be a thing? I fucking hope not. 

RACIST! :cruise:

5 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

When things get even and white people just admit sometimes you don't wanna be seen as black, nor respond to political posts blaming blacks for their poorer assimilation into american economics.  Your lack of racial empathy only makes blacks feel misunderstood more, and slows the healing process. Thus, annoying you. I've meant plenty of whites that don't make me feel my race. 

I just don't think we as a society should have to walk around on eggshells all the time. It's a stupid way to live.

I really doubt Katy Perry set out to create blackface shoes. She was probably just making something quirky weird and goofy. She had no intent to be racist and that should be enough for everyone.

Yellow face or white face wasn't successful at oppressing whites or asians or making other races truly believe in racial superiority. I had a white college educated ex friend tell me with a straight face he believes blacks and africans are inherently dumber /gimped. And added, thinking he was being nice "It's ok. It's not how much (iq) you have, it's what you do with it."  When your country has had a successful time at mocking then making black peoples lives and intellectual respect different or a struggle, perhaps care not to do that to that marganalized group makes sense.  It should go away by year 3000 but it's no thanks to you understanding the problem. 

Edited by kokujin

@cook gd said nigga in a post i liked today. Some things can be funny, and there are days whites can poke fun at black things. But this ol no holds barred, always shit is just irresponsible and very lazy thinking. Maybe what you think of groups with NO wiggle room.  Anyways, i don't think you are a terrible bigot. So no, you aren't being miscasted by the sensitivities. But imo you do take a white lazy and privelaged stance on all this. I have had the perception of black people and black men specifically affect my life,  so no.imo old school racism is nah cool.  I know you can shrug off race, but ever think the obvious?  Cuz you're not fucking black and it doesn't affect you. You've never been made or taught to not just be an individual. 

Sorry you can't do a blackface to cheers in front of minorities. I guess race is making your life so terrible!!

8 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Does intent not matter any more? 

"bu bu bu bu intent tho :cry: "

Don't ask why if you just gonna be a bitch about it. :cruise: 

EDIT: And don't give me that "bu bu walking on eggshells" bullshit.  You cry every time some SJW says a thing on a college campus anywhere.

Edited by McWicked
  • Upvote 1