If Xbox made game purchases available in xCloud would that be a default generation win?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which would be an absolutely horrible decision.   "Yeah our competition has a streaming service which you can use with the tablet and phone you already own, but please buy our single functio

Ugh... You pay for a game you can play on your Xbox/W10 PC like any other game but get streaming function on top of that... That's the premise...   It seems the Jerry apple didn't fall far

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Taking away previously usable features is definitely a no-no regardless of what you bought the system for.  You'd piss people off big time.

The point is... we wont have to worry about that because Nintendo and Sony wouldn't let them on in the first place...  So I guess you agree that Xbox isn't coming to Switch?  cool

Who's the one that made the assertion that Nintendo wouldn't let them on in the first place?

That was you.

nice to see that you lead yourself to a conclusion, and pretended that it was me saying it.

Nintendo would probably demand a cut of all purchases made, or maybe negotiate a flat-rate fee for having the app on their platforms.

"Paying rent" so to speak.

How many pieces of hardware is Microsoft going to find where, once they boot up the app, they have actual game controls to play the games? Microsoft NEEDS something like the Switch.

Just now, jehurey said:

Who's the one that made the assertion that Nintendo wouldn't let them on in the first place?

That was you.

nice to see that you lead yourself to a conclusion, and pretended that it was me saying it.

Nintendo would probably demand a cut of all purchases made, or maybe negotiate a flat-rate fee for having the app on their platforms.

"Paying rent" so to speak.

How many pieces of hardware is Microsoft going to find where, once they boot up the app, they have actual game controls to play the games? Microsoft NEEDS something like the Switch.

I asked the question.. and you didn't respond.

I'll give you another chance.  What will Nintendo do?  Will they allow it, or not? 

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I asked the question.. and you didn't respond.

I'll give you another chance.  What will Nintendo do?  Will they allow it, or not? 

I already told you, its in the my post, how Nintendo would allow them on there.

You don't need to ask when it was already answered. Go back and read.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I already told you, its in the my post, how Nintendo would allow them on there.

You don't need to ask when it was already answered. Go back and read.

You said how they would... not if you think they will.

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ALLOW IT??? Yes.. or no? :lemming: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You said how they would... not if you think they will.

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ALLOW IT??? Yes.. or no? :lemming: 

Yeah.........by charging a cut.

How could you not possibly see that its answered.............are you really that butthurt to try and achieve something?

Its would be free money for Nintendo for allowing the app. The more the app grows, the more money Nintendo would make. Whatever potential losses they could have by having the app is offset by the money they make off the app.

All of this can be ascertained by simply thinking about what I just typed. lol

Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah.........by charging a cut.

How could you not possibly see that its answered.............are you really that butthurt to try and achieve something?

Its would be free money for Nintendo for allowing the app. The more the app grows, the more money Nintendo would make. Whatever potential losses they could have by having the app is offset by the money they make off the app.

All of this can be ascertained by simply thinking about what I just typed. lol

No.  It's very important that you actually say YES.  You can state what they WOULD do all you want... that's not confirming IF they will.

Thanks for making a simple question seem like such a big deal.

And no shit they would charge a cut... Did you think we thought it would be free or something? :snoop: 

So now that you think they will allow it... you think that if it's successful they are going to remove it? :mjpls: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.  It's very important that you actually say YES.  You can state what they WOULD do all you want... that's not confirming IF they will.

Thanks for making a simple question seem like such a big deal.

And no shit they would charge a cut... Did you think we thought it would be free or something? :snoop: 

So now that you think they will allow it... you think that if it's successful they are going to remove it? :mjpls: 

Yeah, it could be free. Netflix and Hulu operates free on the Switch.

And at no point did you ever CONFIRM that it would have a cut.

Its important that you confirm that, Remij. lol

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, it could be free. Netflix and Hulu operates free on the Switch.

And at no point did you ever CONFIRM that it would have a cut.

Its important that you confirm that, Remij. lol

No it's not, because you never asked me how I thought they'd do it, if they actually did do it :drake: 

Ok, so it could be free.  Wouldn't that be a win for MS?  Nintendo's really going to allow that? :danylol:

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it's not, because you never asked me how I thought they'd do it, if they actually did do it :drake: 

Ok, so it could be free.  Wouldn't that be a win for MS?  Nintendo's really going to allow that? :danylol:

No.........you can't double standards here. You expecting other people to make logical assumptions about your statements, while demanding that other people be explicit about theirs. LOL

You need to confirm everything.

I just told you that Nintendo would probably have a two possible ways of asking for money A.) A cut from all purchases made, or B.) a flat rate fee for simply having the app on the Switch.

Meaning that if there are 30 million Switches, and 8 million download the app, Nintendo charges for those 8 million, a small fee.  There could be even more granular details, like maybe it has to be an active Game Pass subscription for Nintendo to charge at timely intervals.

And to answer your other part......Nintendo can negotiate a termination of the app, and simply not offer it on their eShop store. After all, its their store.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.........you can't double standards here. You expecting other people to make logical assumptions about your statements, while demanding that other people be explicit about theirs. LOL

You need to confirm everything.

I just told you that Nintendo would probably have a two possible ways of asking for money A.) A cut from all purchases made, or B.) a flat rate fee for simply having the app on the Switch.

Meaning that if there are 30 million Switches, and 8 million download the app, Nintendo charges for those 8 million, a small fee.  There could be even more granular details, like maybe it has to be an active Game Pass subscription for Nintendo to charge at timely intervals.

And to answer your other part......Nintendo can negotiate a termination of the app, and simply not offer it on their eShop store. After all, its their store.

Nope.  I only need to confirm or deny something when I'm asked, I'm not obligated to provide you with information you never asked for.

And sure..they can do what they want... but those 8 million people are going to be really annoyed with them.  That's not good business at all.  Those people will all be subscribed to Gamepass.. I'm sure a few of them would just use it on any one of their other devices if Nintendo did that :trump: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nope.  I only need to confirm or deny something when I'm asked, I'm not obligated to provide you with information you never asked for.

And sure..they can do what they want... but those 8 million people are going to be really annoyed with them.  That's not good business at all.  Those people will all be subscribed to Gamepass.. I'm sure a few of them would just use it on any one of their other devices if Nintendo did that :trump: 

Nope.........you want me to argue something from your side, and you don't confirm what you are explicitly saying.....then that's on you.

not my problem.  That just means that you left open holes for me to exploit and get out of any argument.

If you have standards............then follow them. if you don't want to.....then I know that you don't. That's all.

Nintendo can do whatever they want. Its unlikely that they will be threatened by Xbox, but IF they ever do feel threatened, they can do that.

You already bought the Switch hardware, they already got your money. If anything, Nintendo could use that as a tactic to demand higher fees in the future.

• Remij locked this topic