Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Vela

DLSS on BFV and Metro is subpar

Recommended Posts

It's definitely blurrier in those two games.  No arguing that.  You get better IQ and the same performance setting the render scale to 80% of 4K.

 

FF15 turned out better than BF5 for sure.  I think they literally just shit it out there so they can market "4K and 60fps with RT+DLSS"

 

That said.. there are areas which I still think DLSS actually looks better.. but there's no denying detail is lost.  They'll likely improve it with updates, but it currently is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DLSS seems like a total waste with a shitty payoff, I mean it's something that needs to be coded and part of the game so honestly checkerboard rendering is a far better solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

DLSS seems like a total waste with a shitty payoff, I mean it's something that needs to be coded and part of the game so honestly checkerboard rendering is a far better solution. 

Not true.

 

Just like checkerboarding and anything else, quality will vary from title to title.  Also, the networks can be improved over time.  It's very early.  You guys are too eager to hate on anything.  I guarantee you this gets improved upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not true.

 

Just like checkerboarding and anything else, quality will vary from title to title.  Also, the networks can be improved over time.  It's very early.  You guys are too eager to hate on anything.  I guarantee you this gets improved upon.

We're not eager to hate on things, we're hating on half-baked shit pushed into consumer tech prematurely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

We're not eager to hate on things, we're hating on half-baked shit pushed into consumer tech prematurely. 

It's an option... it's not forced on you... just like every advancement in 3d graphics rendering.  It's like you weren't around during any of the past 20 years..

 

And yes, you are eager to hate on things... :] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

It's an option... it's not forced on you... just like every advancement in 3d graphics rendering.  It's like you weren't around during any of the past 20 years..

 

And yes, you are eager to hate on things... :] 

But these things are being forced on you in a direct manner not readily apparent, cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

But these things are being forced on you in a direct manner not readily apparent, cost. 

No.  You're not being forced to upgrade your GPU at all.  Just like anything else  you  can wait until the product matures and becomes cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No.  You're not being forced to upgrade your GPU at all.  Just like anything else  you  can wait until the product matures.

But if you want to upgrade you're pigeonholed into this tech and as a result its price. I'm sure Nvidia could have made a 2080 Ti performing traditional card that was $400 less. A 2080 performing card that was $499 etc. 

 

They inflated their entire GPU market across the board without giving people any kind of alternative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bhytre said:

"I became a PC gamer for this :heh:

The story of Hermit's who buy into 1st generation/1.0 technology every time. :killzone:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamers Nexus video was hilarious LOL

 

RTX flopped 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×