RDR2's level of detail and environment interaction is still astounding to me (SPOILER WARNING vid showcasing certain character)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where's the challenge and fun in auto aim? Worst invention in console history   I'd rather suck at aiming and slowly get better.  

it's definitely broader in scope. 

The game is a technical marvel and tbh only Rockstar really have the resources and time to pull something like that off. No one else can afford 1000+ dev teams on one game and 5+ year dev times so wil

Posted Images

Just now, Vini said:

Every negative comment I've ever read about this game is about how slow it is.

Cry me a river

Exactly. That's legitimately it's biggest problem. It's very bad pacing. Like... very bad. :shrug:

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Exactly. That's legitimately it's biggest problem. It's very bad pacing. Like... very bad. :shrug:

Nothing wrong with the pacing. In fact I wish they didn't make those last minute story cuts and fleshed it out even more. 

This is a slow burn Western. It's exactly what it needs to be.

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

Nothing wrong with the pacing. In fact I wish they didn't make those last minute story cuts

This is a slow burn Western. It's exactly what it needs to be

Maybe so, and maybe I'm ADD too, but I couldn't get passed the slowness. It was too much. I'll come back to it eventually.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Maybe so, and maybe I'm ADD too, but I couldn't get passed the slowness. It was too much. I'll come back to it eventually.

Play it episodically like a TV show. I sunk 1-2 hrs a day 5 days a week and took like 2-3 months to finish it 

Loved every minute

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Vini said:

Play it episodically like a TV show. I sunk 1-2 hrs a day 5 days a week and took like 2-3 months to finish it 

Loved every minute

I’m at the very end - in 2 weeks lol. I got hooked bro. I was curious to see how far I am, and I’m almost done with the “ending” 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Breath of The Wild is doing crazy shit too, it's amazing what the engine can pull of physics wise there. I'm not really sure RDR2 is king of interactivity. 

I'd like to believe Zelda has better physics and playful mechanics, but that's charmingly well-wishing.  

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I'd like to believe Zelda has better physics and playful mechanics, but that's charmingly well-wishing.  

Rolling for 10 seconds with an advance physics engine whem you fall off a horse is not impressive in the face of all the crazy shit you can do in BOTW. From elements, physical interactions with the enviroment, enemies etc.

Edited by Team 2019
11 hours ago, Boss said:

Those epilogues :alarm2:

I can't remember any form of entertainment that had 2 epilogues.  That carpentry shit at the end there was so fucking zZzZZZZzzZZZZz

It’s not long, though. And the rest of it was godly. 

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Rolling for 10 seconds with an advance physics engine whem you fall off a horse is not impressive in the face of all the crazy shit you can do in BOTW. From elements, physical interactions with the enviroment, enemies etc.

but it's not neccessary in BOTW because you can just tap tap tap enemies to kill them. Why do some contraption where a rock catapaults itself towards the enemy and you leap up with your leaf brella to then tap on an enemies head once.  

Show me a youtube vid of all the crazy shit Link can do in BOTW.  

8 minutes ago, kokujin said:

but it's not neccessary in BOTW because you can just tap tap tap enemies to kill them. Why do some contraption where a rock catapaults itself towards the enemy and you leap up with your leaf brella to then tap on an enemies head once.  

Show me a youtube vid of all the crazy shit Link can do in BOTW.  

First youtube search.