RDR2's level of detail and environment interaction is still astounding to me (SPOILER WARNING vid showcasing certain character)

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

I hope it's better than GTAV at least.

The level of detail on GTAV was amazing but I feel there was no much interaction but it was an amazing game anyways. Makes me want to reinstall it.

it's definitely broader in scope. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where's the challenge and fun in auto aim? Worst invention in console history   I'd rather suck at aiming and slowly get better.  

it's definitely broader in scope. 

The game is a technical marvel and tbh only Rockstar really have the resources and time to pull something like that off. No one else can afford 1000+ dev teams on one game and 5+ year dev times so wil

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

The end credits are crazy long, they outsourced a lot of work but it paid off, you won't find the level of details in upcoming gaming for a long time. 

That's good to hear.

GTAV was the same thing and I don't care if it took that long to get it.

Hell, the amount of detail on GTAIV is amazing as well.

The game is a technical marvel and tbh only Rockstar really have the resources and time to pull something like that off. No one else can afford 1000+ dev teams on one game and 5+ year dev times so will probably be a while since something comes close from a detail and technical aspect.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Vini said:

Not anywhere near this level, this game has by far the best interactive environment I've ever seen in a game

At 1:35 you can see the crater form slowly with the explosion and the shockwave. 

The way water reacts to explosions and impacts is also amazing. You can create small avalanches by exploding dynamite at the mountain tops and you can also see a bunch of rocks roll down the mountain

This is some truly next level shit

Mgs1 came out 20 years ago on 4 platforms ago. :| why even write "yeah but not like this." 

Of course it wouldn't be better.  The point is copy pasta craters, just like copy pasta burn marks are not what you coulda been bragging about. C'mon now. 

17 hours ago, madmaltese said:

The game is a technical marvel and tbh only Rockstar really have the resources and time to pull something like that off. No one else can afford 1000+ dev teams on one game and 5+ year dev times so will probably be a while since something comes close from a detail and technical aspect.

this. and it's incredibly gorgeous. i think it's the best looking game i've ever played. many times, i feel like i'm watching video when i'm riding my horse in the mountains, or walking through a town. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kokujin said:

Mgs1 came out 20 years ago on 4 platforms ago. :| why even write "yeah but not like this." 

Of course it wouldn't be better.  The point is copy pasta craters, just like copy pasta burn marks are not what you coulda been bragging about. C'mon now. 

I don't know what your criteria for copy paste is but the crater has a few sizes. You can make it bigger the bigger the explosion like with volatile dynamite. 

Edited by Vini
7 minutes ago, Vini said:

I don't know what your criteria for copy paste is but the crater has a few sizes. You can make it bigger the bigger the explosion like with volatile dynamite. 

Criteria for “copy paste” is taking anything, making a duplicate and putting it somewhere.

6 hours ago, Vini said:

hmmm. Does the shape change? Honestly it looked like the crater formed all in one go/frame. First all i saw was smoke. Then the smoke disappears all in one frame (fake looking if you ask me), then there's this crater that I know wasn't built under the smoke till it went away. 

18 hours ago, -GD- said:

this. and it's incredibly gorgeous. i think it's the best looking game i've ever played. many times, i feel like i'm watching video when i'm riding my horse in the mountains, or walking through a town. 

Damn who dunna thought rockstar would be in a conversation about best looking game. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

Damn who dunna thought rockstar would be in a conversation about best looking game. 

Yeah, it’s crazy. It has the detail and effects of a linear game, except it’s massive. A true technical achievement. Now, I’m basing this off of the superior one x version. The pro version is underwhelming, in comparison. 

Edited by -GD-
3 hours ago, kokujin said:

hmmm. Does the shape change? Honestly it looked like the crater formed all in one go/frame. First all i saw was smoke. Then the smoke disappears all in one frame (fake looking if you ask me), then there's this crater that I know wasn't built under the smoke till it went away. 

Definitely not one frame

mFGUta.gif.dc92d6fd54d8fee7e2bb37edc8ba3580.gif

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Vini said:

Definitely not one frame

mFGUta.gif.dc92d6fd54d8fee7e2bb37edc8ba3580.gif

Snow crater REALLY good.  If the shape changed based on the hill, steepness, etc. Wow, but this one is good.

Maybe I looked at it wrong but doesn't the dark mud crater appear to plop up right under the smoke a lil too fake and ''plopped in''?  That's what I saw homie. Appreciate the real discord. 

9 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Snow crater REALLY good.  If the shape changed based on the hill, steepness, etc. Wow, but this one is good.

Maybe I looked at it wrong but doesn't the dark mud crater appear to plop up right under the smoke a lil too fake and ''plopped in''?  That's what I saw homie. Appreciate the real discord. 

I think only cause it's hard to see at night. I'll make a daytime video later

• Like 1
  • Remij changed the title to RDR2's level of detail and environment interaction is still astounding to me (SPOILER WARNING vid showcasing certain character)
7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You don't even believe what you're saying. There's a reason why user score on this game is AA. Overrated.

That's because ADD Fortnite brats bought into the hype and got bored to death by real storytelling and character development due to monster energy/ritalin fueled overactive frontal lobes

Edited by Vini
  • Thanks 1