Hollow Knight: Silksong (Hollow Knight sequel) announced for PC and Switch

2 minutes ago, Casual said:

oh fuck yes.

nintendo should have had this at the direct instead.

Yea surprised they didn't, since they heavily promoted the first game. 

Will probably do a indie highlight direct later in the Spring to promote it. 

jesus christ the areas look so good. seems like they're pretty far along. 

also the combat looks way faster...like dark souls vs. bloodborne level shit. i really hope this is 2019. might just start another hollow knight playthrough. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:hest:

"could" lmao bullshit

They are a 3 person team.  PS4 and XO are understandably low priority for them.  They'll get around to it eventually more than likely but they even say themselves they don't want to commit to anything outside of that.. so there's always a chance that it might not happen.  Not likely, but they leave themselves that possibility.

Just now, Remij_ said:

They are a 3 person team.  PS4 and XO are understandably low priority for them.  They'll get around to it eventually more than likely but they even say themselves they don't want to commit to anything outside of that.. so there's always a chance that it might not happen.  Not likely, but they leave themselves that possibility.

They're a 3 person team who are now millionaires and have nothing but time to work on games with no financial restraint or external obligations. I think it's a pretty safe bet.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're a 3 person team who are now millionaires and have nothing but time to work on games with no financial restraint or external obligations. I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Sure.. but they are also 3 people who are millionaires and might not give a shit outside of making money from the PC and Switch versions?  They might want to take vacations and they'll see about getting around to it maybe later sometime possibly, pherhaps? :shrug: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Sure.. but they are also 3 people who are millionaires and might not give a shit outside of making money from the PC and Switch versions?  They might want to take vacations and they'll see about getting around to it maybe later sometime possibly, pherhaps? :shrug: 

People like this don't go crazy with their new found wealth, I know the type. They'll dig in further. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

People like this don't go crazy with their new found wealth, I know the type. They'll dig in further. 

I'm just fucking with ya.  Of course it's going to come to PS4 and Xbox.  It started out as DLC for the first game after all.  They likely have all the versions up and running to some point, but then decided to concentrate their focus on the PC and Switch versions since they were the biggest platforms for the game, and then will finish up the other versions shortly after.

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The more I hear you talk the more I think you never did any sort of project management in your life :|

Game will eventually get ported to X1 and PS4... but to say a project has no financial restraint or external obligations is naive.