What's the 8gig patch for? RDR2 related. GD get your cuban ass in here

16 minutes ago, -GD- said:

On rails? What do you mean? 

Huge sections where you have to traverse slowly through a set path, if you stray far away, fission mailed.  Usually you are listening to dialogue amongst characters but almost always held to not doing much non linear movement. In this games case, just watching some cool animations.  On rails also means coke but not that, you lol 

50 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Huge sections where you have to traverse slowly through a set path, if you stray far away, fission mailed.  Usually you are listening to dialogue amongst characters but almost always held to not doing much non linear movement. In this games case, just watching some cool animations.  On rails also means coke but not that, you lol 

All open world games have "missions" that you have to do precisely as it says or the mission fails.  GTA is like that too.  That is not on rails.  Derp

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

oh...yeah..it had missions like that, but there are many where you are solo too. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, lostfool said:

All open world games have "missions" that you have to do precisely as it says or the mission fails.  GTA is like that too.  That is not on rails.  Derp

You are really dumb man... learn to read the whole point. Aren't enough pills to not make you a moron. 

LowT ain't wrong. For a game that prides itself on it's open world and feeling real and alive the mission structure in the game truly is abysmal. On rails is harsh but in essence very true for the missions. It is far more restrictive than nearly any other current open world I can think of. Mission failures for trying to flank an enemy.... mission failures for moving anything outside of the straight line the devs want you to walk on. Forced scoping, forced needless walking, 'stealth' sections where you don't really have options but just the one route. There is a multitude of these in the game.

20 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

LowT ain't wrong. For a game that prides itself on it's open world and feeling real and alive the mission structure in the game truly is abysmal. On rails is harsh but in essence very true for the missions. It is far more restrictive than nearly any other current open world I can think of. Mission failures for trying to flank an enemy.... mission failures for moving anything outside of the straight line the devs want you to walk on. Forced scoping, forced needless walking, 'stealth' sections where you don't really have options but just the one route. There is a multitude of these in the game.

Meh.

I am used to it.

Traditional Rockstar formula.

Didn't stop the GTA games from being excellent.

RDR2 will be my first RDR game. 

Heard RDR was awesome too but I never played it.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Meh.

I am used to it.

It actually makes more sense to play this first, RDR is a direct continuation of this game. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I guess I’m so used to rockstar games that I don’t notice it as much. But yeah, I was just playing it, and I tried to meander a bit from the mission area and I died lol

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Meh.

I am used to it.

Traditional Rockstar formula is spot on. Just good to know what to expect going in because while it may be years ahead technically, it's years behind from a gameplay aspect.

And playing this one first is fine, it's a prequel anyway.

40 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I guess I’m so used to rockstar games that I don’t notice it as much. But yeah, I was just playing it, and I tried to meander a bit from the mission area and I died lol

I usually play games fairly simplistically so didn't notice it early on, but I tried to flank an enemy once later in the game and got a mission failed and was stunned. So then I just tried to do little deviations now and again and was surprised just how restricted it is. Then missions came in that forced a specific setting on you. There is a mission with the forced scope sniper where you can't unzoom and I couldn't fn find the last enemy and couldn't unscope to see where he is so spent forever zoomed in looking for this fucker. Got so frustrated lol

38 minutes ago, -GD- said:

But the world, when not on a mission, is unparalleled in scope and freedom. 

Yeah it's actually this juxtaposition that makes it so jarring. I don't get why they couldn't have any of this in it's missions since it is there in such amazing scope outside of the missions. My fav parts of the game all came from things I discovered myself outside of the story and just how well the encounters and environmental story telling was and how perfectly the world and people in it reacted to me. Then I start a mission and I'm back to PS2 level design lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Traditional Rockstar formula is spot on. Just good to know what to expect going in because while it may be years ahead technically, it's years behind from a gameplay aspect.

And playing this one first is fine, it's a prequel anyway.

I usually play games fairly simplistically so didn't notice it early on, but I tried to flank an enemy once later in the game and got a mission failed and was stunned. So then I just tried to do little deviations now and again and was surprised just how restricted it is. Then missions came in that forced a specific setting on you. There is a mission with the forced scope sniper where you can't unzoom and I couldn't fn find the last enemy and couldn't unscope to see where he is so spent forever zoomed in looking for this fucker. Got so frustrated lol

Yeah it's actually this juxtaposition that makes it so jarring. I don't get why they couldn't have any of this in it's missions since it is there in such amazing scope outside of the missions. My fav parts of the game all came from things I discovered myself outside of the story and just how well the encounters and environmental story telling was and how perfectly the world and people in it reacted to me. Then I start a mission and I'm back to PS2 level design lol

That’s a great way to sum it up. The exploration makes it feel like a living, breathing interactive world, but the mission designs are very archaic, reminding you it’s a game. It is quite jarring, now that I think about it. Fortunately, I’m able to overlook the flaws for the overall experience. Episode 6 is excellent btw. 

Edit:sorry @MalaXmaS

Edited by -GD-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2