• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DynamiteCop can believe Digital Foundry again guiz 

4K on X, better performance too tchbfr 

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So uh... yea this game definitely looks fucking incredible.  Sorry Red Dead 2, but you've been ousted as the best looking game this gen so far.  There's nothing in Red Dead 2 that even comes close to what I just saw graphically :francis: 

That said... the animations in Metro aren't to the level of Red Dead 2 obviously.  This game looks SO FUCKING GOOD at times that I can't even believe it's running how it is.  (5K RTX on, Hairworks on, and Ultra settings @ 30fps)  The motion blur is incredible.  It really gives the game that filmic CGI kind of look.  The amount of detail in some areas is just on another level.

So.. the gfx are amazing.. but the game has some problems.  First of all.... what the actual FUCK is with the audio mixing in this game?  It's pretty fucking flat and terrible.  And that's with Dolby Atmos too.  Voices are all over the place.  Sounding way too low sometimes and way too loud other times.  The audio doesn't have range it seems.  It's all very flat and kind of takes away from the experience if I'm honest.  Because I'm staring there gawking at these incredible visuals with all this visual stimulation, and the audio is just completely failing to convey what's happening on screen.  Guns need more punch and bass.. and crispness.

The other thing.. is mouse and keyboard is fine when you set the sensitivity right, but using a controller is completely fucked.  There's a MASSIVE dead-zone on the right analog stick and it makes you do these big sweeping movements in which you overshoot your target and then do the same when you try to compensate.  It just doesn't feel right at all.  They really need to fix it in a patch.

The story is typical Metro business so far, but I'm not incredibly far in yet.  I was spending a lot of time in the beginning just fucking around looking at the crazy gfx.  We're gonna chill and watch a movie now, so I'll play more tomorrow.. but yea. crazy visuals :dwill:

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Also, Uncharted's train level HBR :ooh:

KEEEN! 

It often looks sharp but remij is overhyping the visuals a bit. Admittedly im not playing with the RTX features or hairworks enabled, but i doubt they make that big of a difference.

The character models are definitely the weakpoint though. In fact, they look straight up last gen when it comes to texturing, shading, animations, etc.

22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It often looks sharp but remij is overhyping the visuals a bit. Admittedly im not playing with the RTX features or hairworks enabled, but i doubt they make that big of a difference.

The character models are definitely the weakpoint though. In fact, they look straight up last gen when it comes to texturing, shading, animations, etc.

I don't feel I am too much.  There are some weak spots.  Not every texture is incredibly high res.. and the animations and things, especially the flying enemies could be better.

Basically, most of my complaints from the visuals come from the animation.  They are small blemishes on what is often a very striking looking game.. which is the same that can be said for pretty much any game out there.  

Last gen... the character models?  Are you fucking kidding me man... LAST GEN?? :cosby2: 

This is an Xbox One X screenshot... the amount of visual detail and movement happening in this scene alone demolishes pretty much everything out there..

32172564367_3d46da79f3_o.png

:snoop:  

i played an hour in the open world. (maxed settings). This game has to be the best looking game I've ever played. The lightning looks actually real, it fucked me up at first. 

It wasn't my PC but I wish it was. I'm yearning for that hardware that can run this game on max. 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Those screenshots were clearly touched up, the models don't like that. And yes, i consider them last gen because they are a minimal improvement over Last Light's characters. In fact, the faces don't look at all improved.

lol the pictures rempee posted? who the fuck cares, this game looks outworldly. I have never seen such graphics. The beginning is fucking depressing tho. 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Those screenshots were clearly touched up, the models don't like that. And yes, i consider them last gen because they are a minimal improvement over Last Light's characters. In fact, the faces don't look at all improved.

That's a lie.  They are taken at extremely high res.  Those ARE the models.  And no... compare any of the characters to their previous game.. they are MUCH better.

The game looks like that. We were on the train and we took a good look at the characters. 

Besides that the level of detail in the open world is crazy. at first I thought a metro open world game sucks because the story will suffer but the intro tells me I'm in for an amazing comeback. 

You can put the "wiping" movement on any key you want in the pc version. I find it annoying tbh.

Edited by kaz
12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think the 2nd sandbox area looks better than the first but it’s also way more demanding. Feels like my frame rate is constantly in the 20s.

It's a demanding game.  But cmon man, it's really impressive.  To me, this is hands down the best looking complete package out there.  Red Dead certainly does some things better than this though.  There's no denying that.  But that's what a budget of that size and team of that size can get you.  Scene detail though, and lighting with RTX.. I give it to Exodus easily.  RDR2 has the facial animations, but Metro's character are more detailed over all.  When a sequence is playing out in Metro, with the incredible motion blur at really high resolutions, it just looks sublime.

And dude.. Anna in Last Light Redux

6D544C311977C0CAA646651ABBCF705ED8838B80

Pic I took of Anna in Exodus.. 

46204539565_1c5cd3352a_k.jpg

The models are extremely well detailed and not last gen in any way.  (But will look that way when TLOU2 releases :face:)

Old man

47118378081_a0f8cd59c0_o.png

47118379271_8225b7f1b8_o.png

:whew: 

I did look at last light screens and it looked worse than i remember. But the faces in Exodus still look off, and are one of the unique cases where they look better in screens than in motion. Considering just how much dialogue and interactions there are with the characters i can't help but feel that they bring down the rest of the package when it comes to production values.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Twinblade said:

I did look at last light screens and it looked worse than i remember. But the faces in Exodus still look off, and are one of the unique cases where they look better in screens than in motion. Considering just how much dialogue and interactions there are with the characters i can't help but feel that they bring down the rest of the package.

Yea I can agree with you on that.  It's mostly down to animation and the art style though.  For example Miller.. his animations and scowl makes him look weird sometimes.  And you're right, a lot of the dialogue and interactions when just standing listening to them talk doesn't look natural.  100% agree.   A lot of the time though during cutscenes or sequences and there's all these highly detailed characters moving and their armor and shit is reacting physically and the crazy lighting and everything.. it looks damn fine.

As I said though.. they'll look dated once TLOU2 comes out.  Those characters are going to have more detail and animation that completely obliterates Metro.  (important to remember that Metro doesn't use performance capture though.. it's actually quite well done all considering)

I hate to say this but I'm not going to spend a dime on this game to support Epic or Deep Silver, they can both get fucked and I hope this shit is bombing. I did a bunch of research into how all of this came about and it's shocking how corrupt this whole situation is and the overarching efforts by Epic to control an open platform by financial force with the billions they've acquired via Fortnite.

The lies, the contradictions by Tim Sweeney of all people who attacked Microsoft repeatedly for doing exactly as he is now, the constant attacks over the years on PC gamers as being no good pirates yet they're sucking up to them right now, surrendering personal information to a Chinese holding conglomerate that can be sold to the highest bidder. The irony of PC gamers complaining about spyware DRM platforms but freely give their information away to Epic with informed consent to distribute that information is mind boggling. Then there's the lack of features and the sacrifices needed to adopt games on this untested platform with no future certainty and with absolutely nothing to offer consumers.

There's a reason people say "No Steam, No Buy" and it's not based in some kind of fantastical or ridiculous reasoning, it's tried, tested and has been through every bit of scrutiny to come out as the best platform on the market.

Y'all "PC gamers" are fucking retards, you guys talk a big game but when it comes down to it you're spineless and cave. Fuck all of you, especially people like you Remij. What a disappointment. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
45 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:mj:

Laugh it up, you're the one in the end who's going to suffer the most when these games don't sell and the publisher/developers pull out of PC development. The irony of Epic introducing a platform which actually incites the want to pirate games...

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Laugh it up, you're the one in the end who's going to suffer the most when these games don't sell and the publisher/developers pull out of PC development. The irony of Epic introducing a platform which actually incites the want to pirate games...

How about this... when these games sell fine, and Epic builds their store up, and more developers start supporting Epic.. and exclusive games get made for PC because of Epic... I'll be right there to tell you to go fuck yourself.. just like I am right now, because pirating games just because you don't like the storefront they are on is WRONG... and it's ESPECIALLY rich coming from the motherfucker who was accusing ME of being a pirate because of emulation.  Asshat.. stop talking to me. :pffft:

Just now, Remij_ said:

How about this... when these games sell fine, and Epic builds their store up, and more developers start supporting Epic.. and exclusive games get made for PC because of Epic... I'll be right there to tell you to go fuck yourself.. just like I am right now, because pirating games just because you don't like the storefront they are on is WRONG... and it's ESPECIALLY rich coming from the motherfucker who was accusing ME of being a pirate because of emulation.  Asshat.. stop talking to me. :pffft:

• It's not wrong when your option to play the game comes at the cost of exposing your personal information to the highest bidder.
  • It's not wrong when one of your largest share holders is a Chinese holding conglomerate which feeds data directly to the state government and has sway in regards to content direction which is made worse by Chinese standards for censorship.
  • It's not wrong when the person making these deals is the same person who just two years ago accused Microsoft of obstructing the open nature of PC gaming and creating walled gardens, who accused them of removing consumer choice; that of which paid exclusivity directly is.
  • It's not wrong when the result is the force of an archaic platform which has no quality of life features, and is about as bare bones as Steam itself was nearly 16 years ago when it pioneered all of this for no other reason than arbitrary money hatting.
  1. No user reviews
  2. No screenshots
  3. No gifting
  4. No mod workshop
  5. No statistical platform or player data
  6. No two factor authentication
  7. No ability to rollback platform versions
  8. No VR support
  9. No profiles
  10. No Linux support
  11. No library sharing
  12. No controller support
  13. No TV mode
  14. No streaming
  15. No cloud saving
  16. No achievements
  17. No library sorting
  18. Refunds are arbitrarily refused
  19. Abhorrent customer service
  • It's not wrong when in the case of this game the take from Valve doesn't even apply as the game would have A) Sold FAR better on Steam and B) the 30% take from Valve isn't mitigated because of lower sales numbers with Epic Launcher and a $10 price decrease. 
  • It's not wrong when these people insulted the PC community directly for years and now are trying to appear pro-PC gamer sucking up to everyone.... Bu...bu...but muh 12% cut!
  • It's not wrong when 4A themselves issue a threat that if enough people don't buy the game they will stop developing for PC and solely focus on console development.

Fuck all of this, it's bullshit and it's even bigger bullshit that you're giving into it.