Digital Foundry on Metro Exodus

I like the Epic Store. Its simple and clean, games download fast and they give free games too . Devs get more money. Metro is 10 dollars cheaper than it would have been on steam. That's all I care about. 

Im sure the game will do just fine on ES. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DynamiteCop can believe Digital Foundry again guiz 

4K on X, better performance too tchbfr 

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I like the Epic Store. Its simple and clean, games download fast and they give free games too . Devs get more money. Metro is 10 dollars cheaper than it would have been on steam. That's all I care about. 

You're irrelevant, you've been PC gaming for like two months, also the irony of this shit coming from you when you're the most identity and personal information paranoid person on this forum. 

"Oh but it's fine that they're selling my information, it's fine that my personal data is being fed to the Chinese government"..

:snoop:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

It's wrong in every case.  I love how you're trying to rationalize it. :hest: 

That list... ROFL.. most of that shit I haven't touched EVER... the other stuff it doesn't really matter as there's tons of ways to already do that shit on PC better than Steam.

No streaming ROFL... who cares?  Nobody uses Steam Streaming

No TV?  Uh.. lol ok.  Nobody cares about that shit.. People stream on Twitch... 

Oh no... No linux support?  That's hilarious coming from you... truly.. thanks for the laugh.  We all remember you and lynux arguing about Linux gaming vs Windows... NON ISSUE!

No library sharing... LOL.. barely anyone uses this shit.  It's a last priority at best..

Achievements are coming

Cloud saving is coming

2 factor authentication is already there

The platform already supports VR games.. who fucking cares that it doesn't have a virtual room to launch your titles from? :rofl: 

Extended profiles are coming

Refunds are the same as Steam

You don't even fucking know their customer service... and Steam's is NON EXISTENT! Nice try...

Epic are completely revamping the client.. it's being worked on.  Sorting, different view styles, ect ect.  Same with the store.  It's getting more robust filtering and sorting tools.

It's all being worked on... and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the shit is there and better than Steam by the time Steam actually finishes their supposed updated client they have been working on for years.

Steam is fine... but FUCK Steam... No more resting on their laurels.. time to get to work Gabe.  Crack the whip.. cause as the client gets better, these "hold out bitches" like DynamiteCop here are gonna cave fast.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The Division 2 pre-orders are through the roof on Uplay and Epic, and it's already tracking better than The Division one which was on Steam.  I doubt Ubisoft is quaking in their boots.

Like I said before in a different thread.. there's a real vocal section of PC gamers who have this Steam or die attitude.. but if you take the Steam version away and offer it on a different store... they're still going to buy the game.. so if that's from the publisher's own store or Epic's store, or whatever, then it makes little to no difference.

I'm a PC gamer, not a Steam gamer... and LMAO Dynamite.. as if China doesn't already have your info.  I guess it's cute that you think you're making a difference :D 

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're irrelevant, you've been PC gaming for like two months, also the irony of this shit coming from you when you're the most identity and personal information paranoid person on this forum. 

"Oh but it's fine that they're selling my information, it's fine that my personal data is being fed to the Chinese government"..

:snoop:

Ok tell that do my decade plus old Steam account.

Everywhere sells information. My apologies for being weirded out about IRL weirdos here that save my pictures and shit lmao

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The Division 2 pre-orders are through the roof on Uplay and Epic, and it's already tracking better than The Division one which was on Steam.  I doubt Ubisoft is quaking in their boots.

Like I said before in a different thread.. there's a real vocal section of PC gamers who have this Steam or die attitude.. but if you take the Steam version away and offer it on a different store... they're still going to buy the game.. so if that's from the publisher's own store or Epic's store, or whatever, then it makes little to no difference.

I'm a PC gamer, not a Steam gamer... and LMAO Dynamite.. as if China doesn't already have your info.  I guess it's cute that you think you're making a difference :D 

People expecting ES , in its infancy,  to have the same feature set as Steam, lol. The best part is its 95% features nobody uses. Who cares.

I buy games to play them, not for some lame ass streaming options and big picture which I don't even use.

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Ok tell that do my decade plus old Steam account.

Everywhere sells information. My apologies for being weirded out about IRL weirdos here that save my pictures and shit lmao

Having a Steam account doesn't necessitate a presence on the platform or use of it.

Valve also doesn't sell your information, they are a private company and not in the business of releasing customer data.

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

People expecting ES , in its infancy,  to have the same feature set as Steam, lol. The best part is its 95% features nobody uses. Who cares.

I buy games to play them, not for some lame ass streaming options and big picture which I don't even use.

This is total bullshit, a lot of those platform features are used by a huge segment of the community.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Having a Steam account doesn't necessitate a presence on the platform or use of it.

Valve also doesn't sell your information, they are a private company and not in the business of releasing customer data.

This is total bullshit, a lot of those platform features are used by a huge segment of the community.

I have 90 games on Steam. If you think I played 90 games in 2 months, lmao OK.

I doubt most are and even if they are you cant expect a new platform to match a platform that's been around for fucking ever. Who cares. ES will continue to grow.

They gave free games right off the bat. That's more worth it to me than some dumb fuck features and a review system LMAO

Im sure Valve does lots of fucky things, you would never admit to it tho.

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

I have 90 games on Steam. If you think I played 90 games in 2 months, lmao OK.

I doubt most are and even if they are you cant expect a new platform to match a platform that's been around for fucking ever. Who cares. ES will continue to grow.

They gave free games right off the bat. That's more worth it to me than some dumb fuck features and a review system LMAO

Im sure Valve does lots of fucky things, you would never admit to it tho.

They have the resources to have come out of the gate in the same position Valve is in platform wise, instead they released an anemic storefront that acts as nothing more than a useless obstruction with nothing else to offer. 

I mean it really shows how feeble minded you are, they baited you in with a few low rent free games and now they have your allegiance. Pathetic.

28 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They're not "through the roof", they're higher than the original game which doesn't mean anything because this looks better, also three years on the PC community has grown astronomically and the funny thing is that has no bearing on Epic's launcher, it actually detracts from it greatly...

Early indications are supportive, as PC pre-orders are higher than for the first Division, and pre-orders on the Ubisoft store are six times higher. 

The pre-orders through Uplay are six times higher, SIX TIMES... Epic's platform was so unappealing it drove people to Uplay in droves... To fucking Uplay... :lawl:

"The pre-orders through Uplay are six times higher, SIX TIMES... Epic's platform was so unappealing it drove people to Uplay in droves... To fucking Uplay..."

You do know that every modern Ubi game requires uplay regardless of where its sold right? It makes sense for most people to buy it through that platform, they're comfortable with it and already have friends on there from other games including Rainbow Six Siege and The first Division. Thats nothing to brag about.

Steam has made Valve cocky so its about time someone came in and gave them competition. This can only be a good thing, I look forward to seeing how the Epic Store grows and also how steam changes to keep up with them.

Edited by Twinblade

So they should have held off until they were ready to compete with all steam features ? Lol why not make money when you can ?

I don't have allegiance to any of these storefronts . That is all they are to me . Yeah it's cool to get free games. Not sure how to argue against that 

11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

So they should have held off until they were ready to compete with all steam features ? Lol why not make money when you can ?

I don't have allegiance to any of these storefronts . That is all they are to me . Yeah it's cool to get free games. Not sure how to argue against that 

There’s no such thing as free games. Everything is valued.

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

"The pre-orders through Uplay are six times higher, SIX TIMES... Epic's platform was so unappealing it drove people to Uplay in droves... To fucking Uplay..."

You do know that every modern Ubi game requires uplay regardless of where its sold right? It makes sense for most people to buy it through that platform, they're comfortable with it and already have friends on there from other games including Rainbow Six Siege and The first Division. Thats nothing to brag about.

Steam has made Valve cocky so its about time someone came in and gave them competition. This can only be a good thing, I look forward to seeing how the Epic Store grows and also how steam changes to keep up with them.

3rd party purchasing via Steam for Ubisoft games requires almost no Uplay interaction. You setup the account and never have to be bothered with touching it again. It functions as a cut down auto loading intermidiary that you see for few seconds when launching a game on Steam then it's effectively invisible. 

Its presence beyond initial setup is nearly non-existent. Given the option of Steam or a Uplay purchase very few people will choose the latter which is exactly why it has spiked by 6x. Out of the two Epic Launcher is so unappealing it has made Uplay seem competent and tolerable.

Epic isn't creating competition, they're creating a bad precedence which says if we cut you a check you don't release elsewhere. Developers and publishers aren't flocking to them because of their 12% cut, hell no one is really flocking to them anyway, they have like 25 games on the entire platform. These few that are gravitating there are doing so because they're getting obscene payment to do so. They're not being enticed on the laurels of the platform, the platform is garbage, they're being enticed on the laurels of anti-competitive money hatting. 

Anyone can pay publishers and developers to exclusively release titles on their platform, developers and publishers of free will choosing is something else entirely and that's not what's happening. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

3rd party purchasing via Steam for Ubisoft games requires almost no Uplay interaction. You setup the account and never have to be bothered with touching it again. It functions as a cut down auto loading intermidiary that you see for few seconds when launching a game on Steam then it's effectively invisible. 

Its presence beyond initial setup is nearly non-existent. Given the option of Steam or a Uplay purchase very few people will choose the latter which is exactly why it has spiked by 6x. Out of the two Epic Launcher is so unappealing it has made Uplay seem competent and tolerable.

Epic isn't creating competition, they're creating a bad precedence which says if we cut you a check you don't release elsewhere. Developers and publishers aren't flocking to them because of their 12% cut, hell no one really flocking to them anyway, they have like 25 games on the entire platform. These few that are gravitating there are doing so because they're getting obscene payment to do so. They're not being enticed on the laurels of the platform, they're being enticed on the laurels of anti-competitive money hatting.

Anyone can pay publishers and developers to exclusively release titles on their platform, developers and publishers of free will choosing is something else entirely and that's not what's happening. 

Dude, you're complaining about a complete non issue. All they did was cut a deal, which is what every business ever does....you know whats worth complaining about? The new netflix price hike. Now thats greed that benefits nobody but netflix executives.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dude, you're complaining about a complete non issue. All they did was cut a deal, which is what every business ever does....you know whats worth complaining about? The new netflix price hike. Now thats greed that benefits nobody but netflix executives.

It is an issue, it's paid obstruction on an open platform. It amazes me how you guys let these things fly in the face of everything this platform stands for. PC gamers preach about this shit to no end but when it comes to pass it's "a complete non issue". Cognitive dissonance to umpteenth degree..

If Epic didn't cut Deep Silver a check would this game still be on Steam? Of course it would be, it would also no doubt be on Epic's store but it would be on Steam as well and whatever other stores were able to sell it. That's obstruction, that's good for no one, that is an issue whether you want to recognize it or not.

PC gaming has completely lost the sanctity of those who purport to support and care about it. No one seems to give a fuck anymore which is half the reason I lost respect for it and its "community". You guys will bitch about things but when it comes down to it you don't practice what you preach, you give in to what you protest. It's pathetic and illogical meandering.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It is an issue, it's paid obstruction on an open platform. It amazes me how you guys let these things fly in the face of everything this platform stands for. PC gamers preach about this shit to no end but when it comes to pass it's "a complete non issue". Cognitive dissonance to umpteenth degree..

If Epic didn't cut Deep Silver a check would this game still be on Steam? Of course it would be, it would also no doubt be on Epic's store but it would be on Steam as well and whatever other stores were able to sell it. That's obstruction, that's good for no one, that is an issue whether you want to recognize it or not.

PC gaming has completely lost the sanctity of those who purport to support and care about it. No one seems to give a fuck anymore which is half the reason I lost respect for it and its "community". You guys will bitch about things but when it comes down to it you don't practice what you preach, you give in to what you protest. It's pathetic and illogical meandering.

nobody is bitching except you. getagripfanboy

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • It's not wrong when your option to play the game comes at the cost of exposing your personal information to the highest bidder.
  • It's not wrong when one of your largest share holders is a Chinese holding conglomerate which feeds data directly to the state government and has sway in regards to content direction which is made worse by Chinese standards for censorship.
  • It's not wrong when the person making these deals is the same person who just two years ago accused Microsoft of obstructing the open nature of PC gaming and creating walled gardens, who accused them of removing consumer choice; that of which paid exclusivity directly is.
  • It's not wrong when the result is the force of an archaic platform which has no quality of life features, and is about as bare bones as Steam itself was nearly 16 years ago when it pioneered all of this for no other reason than arbitrary money hatting.
  1. No user reviews
  2. No screenshots
  3. No gifting
  4. No mod workshop
  5. No statistical platform or player data
  6. No two factor authentication
  7. No ability to rollback platform versions
  8. No VR support
  9. No profiles
  10. No Linux support
  11. No library sharing
  12. No controller support
  13. No TV mode
  14. No streaming
  15. No cloud saving
  16. No achievements
  17. No library sorting
  18. Refunds are arbitrarily refused
  19. Abhorrent customer service
  • It's not wrong when in the case of this game the take from Valve doesn't even apply as the game would have A) Sold FAR better on Steam and B) the 30% take from Valve isn't mitigated because of lower sales numbers with Epic Launcher and a $10 price decrease. 
  • It's not wrong when these people insulted the PC community directly for years and now are trying to appear pro-PC gamer sucking up to everyone.... Bu...bu...but muh 12% cut!
  • It's not wrong when 4A themselves issue a threat that if enough people don't buy the game they will stop developing for PC and solely focus on console development.

Fuck all of this, it's bullshit and it's even bigger bullshit that you're giving into it.

so many wongs :mjcry: 

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not paid obstruction on an open platform, it's developers exorcising their right to do business where they want on an open platform where they are free to do so.  Before you brought up how Tim Sweeny was a hypocrite and how he was blasting MS for trying to wall off others and forcing them to use their store... but you fail to see how that's COMPLETELY different than what's happening here.  There's a HUGE difference between a 3rd party company securing exclusive products or timed exclusive products for their online store platform, and the OS manufacturer forcing system wide adoption of their store and APIs through OS level changes.

What you MEAN to say, is if Deep Silver didn't decide to make a business decision to release their game exclusively on Epic's store.. then the game would still be on Steam.  And yea, that's true.. that's also called business.  Epic's store is a business.. of course they are going to make business minded decisions.

PC gaming has needed competition for a while now.  Valve is complacent.. they've lost the fucking plot.  Their eyes weren't on the prize for so long... watching as they raked in tons of money from shit asset flips and garbage games by the thousands which have flooded steam every month/year, while publishers were pulling out and making moves to release their games on their own stores and/or the competition's stores. 

You have EA long gone... and you have Ubisoft who releases their games on both their own store and Steam...who are now making moves to get money from Epic and further push their own store in the process... you can bet Steam will become last priority and then cut out completely.  We have Bethesda now who's not releasing their games on Steam, or at least on a per-title basis.. and Activision as well..

Far Cry sequel ?

Assassin's Creed sequel ?

Beyond Good and Evil ?

The Division 2 (timed or exclusive ?)

Fallout 76 ?

Doom Eternal ?

Rage 2 ?

Starfield ?

Elder Scrolls 6 ?

Call of Duty 2019 ?

Those are some MASSIVE titles to miss out on.  Then you look at the fact that any other number of pubs could be next, as well as the fact that indies are also starting to leave Steam as well because there's no visibility unless you are of a chosen few.  Those devs are making deals which is best for them and their business.  You have big publishers leaving steam, you have the GOOD indie developers leaving Steam... and what are you left with?  Soon it will be mostly asset flips and Japanese games and VNs...

Valve should have been courting developers.. they should have been funding new games exclusive to Steam.  Fund a Platinum Games exclusive that can be had nowhere else.. fund some AAA games from 3rd parties and show some fucking faith in your own platform to sell those games.  Improve the bland look of the store and how dated it all is...

They've been sitting still for too long despite being the platform with the most features.  Those features aren't as important as GAMES...  Get off your fucking ass Valve and get to work.. and actually UPDATE people on what you're doing instead of this fucking silence.  I already know everything Epic is working on this year, and they'll have it done... who the fuck knows what Valve is fucking around with atm?  There's no communication there..