• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DynamiteCop can believe Digital Foundry again guiz 

4K on X, better performance too tchbfr 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

you post in threads about exclusives and AAAes and you can't play those on Xbox1 :hehe:

Can't play them on ditch either.  Can't play anything on ditch this year lmao 

Bu tell demo !

So uh... yea this game definitely looks fucking incredible.  Sorry Red Dead 2, but you've been ousted as the best looking game this gen so far.  There's nothing in Red Dead 2 that even comes close to what I just saw graphically :francis: 

That said... the animations in Metro aren't to the level of Red Dead 2 obviously.  This game looks SO FUCKING GOOD at times that I can't even believe it's running how it is.  (5K RTX on, Hairworks on, and Ultra settings @ 30fps)  The motion blur is incredible.  It really gives the game that filmic CGI kind of look.  The amount of detail in some areas is just on another level.

So.. the gfx are amazing.. but the game has some problems.  First of all.... what the actual FUCK is with the audio mixing in this game?  It's pretty fucking flat and terrible.  And that's with Dolby Atmos too.  Voices are all over the place.  Sounding way too low sometimes and way too loud other times.  The audio doesn't have range it seems.  It's all very flat and kind of takes away from the experience if I'm honest.  Because I'm staring there gawking at these incredible visuals with all this visual stimulation, and the audio is just completely failing to convey what's happening on screen.  Guns need more punch and bass.. and crispness.

The other thing.. is mouse and keyboard is fine when you set the sensitivity right, but using a controller is completely fucked.  There's a MASSIVE dead-zone on the right analog stick and it makes you do these big sweeping movements in which you overshoot your target and then do the same when you try to compensate.  It just doesn't feel right at all.  They really need to fix it in a patch.

The story is typical Metro business so far, but I'm not incredibly far in yet.  I was spending a lot of time in the beginning just fucking around looking at the crazy gfx.  We're gonna chill and watch a movie now, so I'll play more tomorrow.. but yea. crazy visuals :dwill:

• Upvote 1