Fear not Lemmings, CD3 Multiplayer reviews now coming in

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

How did Rare go from a proliphic developer to pure trash. Remedy went from Max Payne to whatever they shit now etc.

Two replacement studios for Halo and Gears are also mediocre and can't get either series to adequate quality worthy of the franchises.

All Phil managed.

People come and go... are you seriously this retarded? :cosby2: 

Xbox got the short end of the stick at MS from the higher ups back in the day, so they literally had low quality teams with small budgets.  They just have a very last gen low budget approach to anything that isn't a pillar franchise.  Look at State of Decay 2, or Crackdown even.  These games didn't have big budgets... but they COULD have been much better graphically and artistically which would have really improved their perception.  Believe it or not, but even though Crackdown 3 is a 2019 release, 5 or so years after the Xbox One launch, it still has suffered the effects from those days.  Just because Phil was in charge at that time, doesn't mean he was given the budget to improve the situation for those developers from the higher ups.  The game was likely in development hell for a long time and is lucky to have even released.  Poor management, but the developers aren't exactly known for high quality games either.. I doubt a higher budget would have changed that.

I said this before when MS announced Halo Infinite.. Notice how they did so using an example of a NEW engine, designed specifically for huge open levels with tons of detail and cutting edge effects?  They did that for a reason.  That right there shows me a change in attitude from them.  When Sony shows an announces games, or at least talks about them, they're always sure to mention something about the engine running the game.  When The Last of Us 2 was shown, Shawn Layden said "here's something from their updated engine, running in real-time yada yada" and people see the visuals and it's immediately interesting.  Because Sony always knows to tell their hardcore fans that their constantly improving their engines and tech... and obviously it shows.  They create flashy things which look cinematic.  They show their engine features off and people love that shit.  That's what MS was doing with Halo Infinite.  It's the sense that this isn't just some new game running on another old engine.  When I saw that announcement, combined with the classic looking Halo design with Master Chief... clearly to invoke a sense of getting back to the roots of when the series was great.  I said ok.. these guys are rebuilding this franchise.  This isn't just another "go and make another Halo game" it's more like "ok guys we've got to save this franchise because we're not going to get away with another Halo 5"..

That immediately makes it more interesting and makes me feel like now they care and have something to prove.  Most of MS' releases aren't like that.  You get the sense that they don't care.  Of course, that's not it entirely.  I'm not saying their problem is that they don't make new engines for everything, there's also the fact that their games are mediocre in other ways as well.. but it's all about the perception that they don't seem to want to raise the bar.

Crackdown 3 was essentially the last game from the infamous 2014 roster.. and now that it's released, the focus really comes to the next wave of first party MS games.  I think their catalog is going to improve dramatically at the very end of this gen and beginning of next.  I think Ninja Theory will do good for them and The Initiative will very likely be Sony's Naughty Dog studio.  They are poaching top notch talent for that studio, and as far as I know, they have the absolute freedom to do what they want, with the mandate that they raise the bar.  Playground Games are a top notch studio and I don't believe that they will put out a bad game.  It's quite likely that their adventure RPG will be beautiful and a technical showpiece for the next console/PC.

Phil's not in charge of managing the studios anymore anyway.  So if things change now, then Phil's likely the reason.. because budgets are bigger now and Xbox is a top focus for MS.

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

cr4ckdown 3 :rofl:

lol MS isn't even trying

6ix of thieves

5tate of decay

cr4ckdown

the next halo must score a 0

whoops i forgot, 1 is the lowest score everywhere, right? I get it. it was scaleb0und. :kaz: 

Edited by kaz
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, kaz said:

lol MS isn't even trying

6ix of thieves

5tate of decay

cr4ckdown

the next halo must score a 0

whoops i forgot, 1 is the lowest score everywhere, right? I get it. it was scaleb0und. :kaz: 

there’s already h8lo 5 :kaz: 

and dont forget “Below A” :jonb:

Edited by Quad Damage
35 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Apart from Spicoli  - and his four (or is it now 5?); Xboxes attached to various household appliances, every lemming games on other platforms. Bhtyre talks about PSVR in the Gaming Thread, DC has everything in a basement that looks like what a 13yr old might imagine NASA Launch Control looks like from their perspective, even JonB bought a Dell and promptly upgraded it.

:kaz: Lemmings :kaz:

That's for damn sure. :mj: dumBo turned hermit faster than Microsoft's Xbox division. Evertying is on PC now. :rofl:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Apart from Spicoli  - and his four (or is it now 5?); Xboxes attached to various household appliances, every lemming games on other platforms. Bhtyre talks about PSVR in the Gaming Thread, DC has everything in a basement that looks like what a 13yr old might imagine NASA Launch Control looks like from their perspective, even JonB bought a Dell and promptly upgraded it.

Not sure how being a gamer is considered ownage on a game forum , but you do you , DUMBO 

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

:roff: 

15 hours ago, jehurey said:

There's people on this forum......on THIS fucking forum, who spent $500 for a launch Xbox, and then $400 for an Xbox One S, and then another $500 for an Xbox One X.

.......for these types of exclusives?:cosby2: Good Lord.

Slow Jonny did that.. and then turn around and bought a gaming PC because Xbox1 sucks :hehe: