Nintendo considering VR?

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that any Switch VR headset would have to have its own LCD's built in, and it wouldn't use the Switch's LCD display.

Its not remotely wide enough to give you the range of vision.

At that point it's just a stand-alone VR unit.  There's no point in that.  Even the Vive and Oculus have trouble securing content; Nintendo would be shit out of luck.

Going after VR would be a vanity project for Nintendo at best.

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

At that point it's just a stand-alone VR unit.  There's no point in that.  Even the Vive and Oculus have trouble securing content; Nintendo would be shit out of luck.

Going after VR would be a vanity project for Nintendo at best.

But it still needs a processor.

So you would still need to slide in the Switch to do that.  Sure, the current Switch isn't powerful enough.

I could see a Switch 2 doing this.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But it still needs a processor.

So you would still need to slide in the Switch to do that.  Sure, the current Switch isn't powerful enough.

I could see a Switch 2 doing this.

Hypothetically, yeah.  I can see that.  But from a business perspective it doesn't make much sense to me.  Why chase VR when your switch is destroying every VR device out there, combined?

I'd much rather they just release a HH-only Switch with joycons built in at a lower price point.  Sure, it defeats the purpose of the Switch, but it'd do better than a VR headset, that's for damn sure.

35 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Hypothetically, yeah.  I can see that.  But from a business perspective it doesn't make much sense to me.  Why chase VR when your switch is destroying every VR device out there, combined?

I'd much rather they just release a HH-only Switch with joycons built in at a lower price point.  Sure, it defeats the purpose of the Switch, but it'd do better than a VR headset, that's for damn sure.

Because when nobody is looking Furukawa draws the curtains, presses a button on his desk, and his office transforms into a shrine to the Virtual Boy where he prays to the ghost of Yokoi. Except this time Yokoi answered back and told him the people were finally ready.

Seriously, though. I can't see Nintendo doing VR. The handheld side of Nintendo just does so well in Japan and a VR device just completely undercuts that. If they were going to do anything it would probably be AR since they've had success with Pokemon Go and it better compliments handheld devices.

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

mario games with VR? imagine doing a triple jump + star roll + in first person mode? I'd love to see Ninty VR one of their main chains. I don't know/think it HAS to be first person perspective?  or, er.... lol.

I think a Mario game would play like Astrobot. They arent wasting a Mario game exclusive to VR, nevermind a mainline one.