Finished Tales of Vesperia, not as good as I remember

I got to say Tales of Berseria is the better game imo now. 

The combat is a extension of the Gamecube era Tales of Symphonia. Very dated. The lack of camera control in cities is a huge downgrade from even the later PS3 games that came after. 

Berseria just plays so much better. 

We're probably going to see a nextgen Tales game designed with Switch's 3 gigs of usable Ram, that's 6 times more than the PS360 and it's just going to feel like a stone age entry. 

• Haha 1

I don't think Switch's RAM is the reason a Tales of game feels outdated.  It's going to feel outdated for the same reason all other middling JRPGs feel outdated: their design never changes.

9 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I don't think Switch's RAM is the reason a Tales of game feels outdated.  It's going to feel outdated for the same reason all other middling JRPGs feel outdated: their design never changes.

Berseria has huge enviroments with full camera control, while Vesperia has a locked camera system of a PS1 era JRPG.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Berseria has huge enviroments with full camera control, while Vesperia has a locked camera system of a PS1 era JRPG.

3D camera control is nice, but not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking taking the Tales series and giving it the Xenoblade Chronicles treatment, with open areas, battles taking place in real time.  You could streamline the gameplay by removing outdated designs like removing the battle transition screen.  

Just now, McWicked said:

3D camera control is nice, but not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking taking the Tales series and giving it the Xenoblade Chronicles treatment, with open areas, battles taking place in real time.  You could streamline the gameplay by removing outdated designs like removing the battle transition screen.  

That's possible, but I dont think a Tales game has anywhere remotely the budget or dev team size of Xenoblade's team. Nor do they sell as much.