Crackdown 3: Explanation surrounding party support

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just played my first game of wrecking zone and the destruction is fucking bonkers. 

Nope.  It's their job to test the waters and do this shit before release dummy.  You don't drop BASIC features that everyone expects because you need to test some more... you do the testing and get it

47 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Never. Been. Done. Before.

:ccruise:

Okay, name one company that has built an online cloud service that assists in building and physics of the actual in game world.  The type of destruction can only be achieved at this time via assistance in cloud computing.

So tell me n00b who has a no computer technical background whatsoever, name just one other company that has accomplished such a feat?  You can't name one other company.

If you reply with a smiley then you're obviously baiting and out of your element here.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Just admit it or prove me wrong.

Edited by S#$@%^i
5 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Touting that something has never been done before when it's done like shit isn't a point in the product's favor.

Wow... the idiocy of this person.  Buh buh they dint' do nuffing.. 5.0 game lolololol :cry:

Open your asshole and get ready to have a broomstick stuffed up your ass in 5 years and we'll see who has the most exclusives.  Next gen GTA has built in cloud support?  How the fuck is phony and shitendo going to use it when it's built into MS owned technology?  Oh, sony will lease it from MS if they want to play next gen GTA and RDR/ Rockstar games.  That's cool.. As long as MS gets a cut.  But you can bet your ass that it will run BEST on MS hardware.  

Edited by S#$@%^i
Just now, S#$@%^i said:

in 5 years and we'll see who has the most exclusives.

In 5 years Microsoft is going to have the exact same number of exclusives as they do right now.

• Haha 1

Wait a minute, their explanation doesn't really explain the lack of party support.

Party support simply means that if Player 1 gets connected to Server X, and the people in Player 1's party also get connected to the same server.

What does that "Azure" network reliability explanation have to do with something that is supposed to occur BEFORE the multiplayer match is supposed to begin?

Them worried about "doing something that's never been done before" is the stuff that is occuring DURING the online match.

Party Matching occurs BEFORE the online match.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

4.0 :hest:

To be honest, I would have preferred 1.0.  This technology showcase is not about the game itself.. Yes crackdown 3 the game, is probably nothing to write home about.  But the cloud technology has been proven to successfully work in a live environment.  One small step for man.  One giant leap for mankind.  Games in the near future will be realized in online worlds and we will eventually use that world with VR and other technologies.   Realistic worlds that will be realized in the cloud.  Where will that leave Sony and Nintendo?  Their technology will become outdated and obsolete.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, their explanation doesn't really explain the lack of party support.

Party support simply means that if Player 1 gets connected to Server X, and the people in Player 1's party also get connected to the same server.

What does that "Azure" network reliability explanation have to do with something that is supposed to occur BEFORE the multiplayer match is supposed to begin?

Them worried about "doing something that's never been done before" is the stuff that is occuring DURING the online match.

They are keeping at as bare bones as possible.  They will add to it.  I'm sure they have mostly everything in place already.  They'll do it when they think it's right.  They are the engineers after all.

Edited by S#$@%^i

Microsoft did the same with Windows 10.  They left it barebones to start and added features and continued to develop.  It's the way alot of successful technology firms work.  They get the basic infrastructure to work and to them this is a big deal because CD3 online cloud world actually works in a live environment.  Not having party chat at this time is insignificant.  They will add it soon so keep your pants on. God you guys are sad fucks. 

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well one of the issues I brought up which should be clear as day is desync and simulation latency. When a match is formed it's going to be region related and parse people as localized to the server as possible for best synchronization and latency. What happens when people party up with users all over the world? How is a server parsed? Which server is parsed and where? How will having players with latency all over the map (literally) affect the simulation when it's dependent on a fixed location and synchronized destruction?

That's just one non-technical problem that I can bring up, imagine on an engineering level the things in the background they know which we can't possibly.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well one of the issues I brought up which should be clear as day is desync and simulation latency. When a match is formed it's going to be region related and parse people as localized to the server as possible. What happens when people party up with users all over the world? How is a server parsed? Which server is parsed and where? How will having players with latency all over the map (literally) affect the simulation when it's dependent on a fixed location and synchronized destruction?

That's just one non-technical problem that I can bring up, imagine on an engineering level the things in the background they know which we can't possibly.

Then deny those party members who will have sync issues. Clearly they must test every participant with connection latency prior to the match.

But at least give people the possibility that they can party up. Alot of people forming their own online party groups live within the same region.  If the guy from Czechoslovakia can't join us, too bad.

Why are you talking about this as if its UNBELIEVABLY COMPLICATED.

My god, we can't even forsee the complications. No one is buying your bullshit.

David Adams was DONE with multiplayer mode TWO YEARS AGO.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well one of the issues I brought up which should be clear as day is desync and simulation latency. When a match is formed it's going to be region related and parse people as localized to the server as possible for best synchronization and latency. What happens when people party up with users all over the world? How is a server parsed? Which server is parsed and where? How will having players with latency all over the map (literally) affect the simulation when it's dependent on a fixed location and synchronized destruction?

And watch as they "solve" the issue...within a month of release...  :roll: 

They wanted the launch to be as barebones and simple as possible to analyse their network capabilities... understandable... except that's what betas and internal testing is for before you release a product.

There's literally NO excuse you can muster up to not incorporate basic MP features into your game in 2019 and have it ready for release.  NO FUCKING EXCUSE.