Sony needs an MMORPG badly

6 hours ago, McWicked said:

MMOs are kinda on their way out, bruh.  It's all GaaS now.  Ain't nobody clamoring to make the next WoW.

• What are you playing:Bayonetta 2
    Travis Strikes Again
    FF9 Switch

Good shit, McWeak.  :smoke:

4 hours ago, Ramza said:
  • What are you playing:Bayonetta 2
    Travis Strikes Again
    FF9 Switch

Good shit, McWeak.  :smoke:

Gotta play dem PS1 classics erry once in a while. :smoke: 

Where's my fucking FFT port? :meh: 

• Upvote 1

Imo it's the last thing they need. MMOs are basically GaaS titles now and there are already way too many GaaS games fighting over the players' time and they are titles that can not all survive together. No player is going to be playing Destiny AND Anthem AND Division 2 at the same time. I say that as someone who is a giant fan of these games and played  nearly all of them and basically always only One at a time. Sony needs to stay out of it, partner with leaders like they have with Destiny and they will reap the same rewards.

19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sony needs to stay out of it, partner with leaders like they have with Destiny and they will reap the same rewards.

Yeah, 30% of the revenue with none of the risk seems pretty good to me.

Sony clearly doesn't care about MMOs considering they sold off their MMO division a couple years ago anyway.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Yeah, 30% of the revenue with none of the risk seems pretty good to me.

Sony clearly doesn't care about MMOs considering they sold off their MMO division a couple years ago anyway.

Exactly. 30% revenue plus their partnerships with Destiny definitely sold systems too. With none of the enormous capital you need to run and maintain an MMO/GaaS that in this current climate probably has more chance of failure than success. 

11 minutes ago, Casual said:

MMOs are dead bro. What was the last successful one? Even WoW is barely doing numbers these days. 

They're even worse on consoles. 

Tera showed well action MMOs fit consoles. Black Desert Online is next. 

Obviously a Sony funded MMORPG will destroy them in budget and quality. No one is asking for tab targeting MMO's on consoles. THOUGH FFXIV is ironically tab targeting.