Digital Foundry - Yoshi's Crafted World demo analysis

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-Avg 576p when Docked, but has a dynamic element which can go up to 675p or can dip a bit lower. -Avg 396p in Portable mode, also dynamic going up to 495p                    

396p 

I don't want to see another sheep talking about resolutions in current gen. Anyone who does it, ban them. 

Is anyone really surprised Switch graphic intensive games look like shit? :drake: Just wait until next generation systems come along. I don't think developers are going to be trying to port shit to Switch at that point... which is why I believe Switch (as it is now) will never even get close to PlayStation 4 sales.

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Is anyone really surprised Switch graphic intensive games look like shit? :drake: Just wait until next generation systems come along. I don't think developers are going to be trying to port shit to Switch at that point... which is why I believe Switch (as it is now) will never even get close to PlayStation 4 sales.

I don’t even know what’s intensive about it.  Donkey Kong tropical freeze looks so much better and is sharper too. 

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

I don’t even know what’s intensive about it.  Donkey Kong tropical freeze looks so much better and is sharper too. 

Well, I played the demo last night, and the background is definitely blurry, but that may be intentional depth-of-field stuff.

But also it could just be a symptom of UE4 only being optimized up to a certain point for the Switch.

They've been working on this game for a while, its actually arriving pretty late because it was shown back at E3 2017 and it was supposed to be a 2018 title. The demo could be old.

Edited by jehurey
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well, I played the demo last night, and the background is definitely blurry, but that may be intentional depth-of-field stuff.

But also it could just be a symptom of UE4 only being optimized up to a certain point for the Switch.

They've been working on this game for a while, its actually arriving pretty late because it was shown back at E3 2017 and it was supposed to be a 2018 title. The demo could be old.

i felt it looked blurry in the foreground too. it's just a huge disappointment, visually. even that kirby game, which came out last year, looks a lot better! 

let's hope it's an old demo. 

Edited by -GD-
1 minute ago, lostfool said:

I actually like the way it looks.  

docked or undocked? i played it in handheld mode and it looked like it was smeared in vaseline...like some bitch went ham with the facetune app. 

Edited by -GD-
43 minutes ago, -GD- said:

docked or undocked? i played it handheld mode and it looked like it was smeared in vaseline...like some bitch went ham with the facetune app. 

Docked.  Haven't played it handheld

Edited by lostfool
26 minutes ago, Ike said:

The only good game in this series is Yoshi’s Island for SNES. Everything after has been super easy and kiddy. My daughter will probably enjoy this though. 

I agree.  Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island was amazing and challenging.  Idk why Nintendo decided to make Yoshi games after that so easy and "childish".  The music in this Yoshi game sounds like a baby's plush toy.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Docked is an even lower resolution ratio as compared to resolution scale.

28% of 1080p

Handheld 30% of 720p

:lawl:

I can't wait to see MKXI and DOOM Eternal on Switch. :tom: Maybe we will reach sub PS1 resolution.

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Docked is an even lower resolution ratio as compared to resolution scale.

28% of 1080p

Handheld 30% of 720p

:lawl:

I know this.  Don't you have some shitty poor physics Crackdown garbage to play?