RUMOUR: Nintendo acquires rights to Scalebound as MIcrosoft forced to abandon IP, Scalebound being repurposed as a Switch exclusive (GAME INFORMER, NINTENDO INSIDER)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy shit  

That would be the worst part honestly, an open world UE4 game on Switch? Fucking Yoshi is 396p to 576p on Switch... Yoshi...

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Shaking in his boots? Microsoft owns the game retard, if this is happening Phil sold it...

then he'd be an absolute idiot. the damage this would do to his and xbox's reputation would catastrophic.

Though I guess he doesn't really care. He doesn't respect his fans or even partake in the competition anymore, essentially insulting anyone stupid enough to have bought his box. I know he waved the white flag years ago, but this would really upset the 5 guys left on xbox one.

It's a disaster if this game comes back for a rival platform. I'd pay to keep the rights, just to prevent the game from resurfacing forever if I was him.

3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

then he'd be an absolute idiot. the damage this would do to his and xbox's reputation would catastrophic.

Though I guess he doesn't really care. He doesn't respect his fans or even partake in the competition anymore, essentially insulting anyone stupid enough to have bought his box. I know he waved the white flag years ago, but this would really upset the 5 guys left on xbox one.

It's a disaster if this game comes back for a rival platform. I'd pay to keep the rights, just to prevent the game from resurfacing forever if I was him.

If they're not doing anything with it and their relationship with Platinum isn't there they might as well sell it and recoup losses. This has nothing to do with reputation, the game is dead, the development relationship is dead. The best they can do is sell it if someone is willing to buy it.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The plot thickens, apparently this rumor is actually older and just surfaced now and this rumored game is Astral Chain.. The game that was just announced a few days ago.

Wasn't the rumor about a "dead and buried" game?  Astral Chain doesn't seem that.. so who knows?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I mean it was a game that came out of no where, no one knew it was coming. Internally canceled maybe and then resurrected? 

JP (the guy who's post you tweeted) was actually there helping the team pitch Astral Chain.  Seems like he would have caught that this rumor was potentially referring to Astral Chain if that was the case.  But yea, it could be.  I just remember the rumor sounding like it was a game or franchise that people would have known about.. not some internal thing that wouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

I think PG has enough on their plate right now, so I don't think we'll be hearing anything else for a bit.

LOL, I saw Dynocrap posting at neogaf, and he is typing like as if he's an insider.

"So this what i've heard...."

:lawl:Just goes to show that most of the people posting as insiders at gaming forums are complete bullshitters.

Remij is right, though. The guy that left Platinum specifically mentions Astral Chain is being its own property, separate from Scalebound, and Scalebound was still in development at the time of them "pitching" Astral Chain.

So it can't really be related to Astral Chain.

And secondly, Kamiya and PG can probably alter enough of the game's code to get around any legal issues. The artstyle doesn't need to be the same, the main character doesn't need to be the same.  They can get around all of that, easily.

But the plain fact of the matter is that Nintendo's legal department would've made sure that there is no problem with ownership. Change the name, for all that we care.

Boy, oh boy, Nintendo paying Platinum and Sega to get Bayonetta 2 finished has resulted in the best second-party partnership they could ever have. It has really paid off for Nintendo.

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

So then it wasn't cancelled . Tshbk 

Actually, according to jonb logic, if it isn't the same exact game that it was going to be under the original development.

..........then it WAS cancelled. LOL

Who'd of thought that your BS would be useful in the near-future?

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Actually, according to jonb logic, if it isn't the same exact game that it was going to be under the original development.

..........then it WAS cancelled. LOL

Who'd of thought that your BS would be useful in the near-future?

If it isn't the same game then it isn't Scalebound lol

dumbass

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If it isn't the same game then it isn't Scalebound lol

dumbass

So Nintendo got ANOTHER new IP, is that what you are saying?

Man, that's some ownage you've delivered there.:blessed:

Then again, you're trying to save face from  one of the biggest embarrassment in the video game industry.