First Anthem reviews/previews. IT'S A STINKER! Bioware = dead

tech radar - 3/5 https://www.techradar.com/reviews/anthem

6.9/10

I went into Anthem with an open mind. It’s a game I wanted to succeed from a studio I’ve always been fond of. Unfortunately, it’s everything everyone feared at reveal. It’s a hollow experience that’s been designed to appeal to the widest market possible while squeezing more money out of those who are hooked in by its doggy treat design. - VG247

After several hours with Anthem, I can't say I'm particularly interested in it yet. I've completed some missions, upgraded my loadout, and gone on some more missions, but I'm not yet invested in anything I'm doing. I will, of course, keep playing, and I'll be posting a full review in the coming days. There's just nothing here so far that's driving me forward. [Early impressions] - Gamespot

Anthem is designed to grow and evolve over time, but unless that happens sooner rather than later it'll be dead on arrival. - Gamesradar

In the end it can all feel a bit chaotic, more like a free-for-all than a tightly wound shootout than forces you to actually consider strategy and tactics. [6 Hour Impressions] - Kotaku

The 'A' team from mass effect 2 you say? :D 

game won't even be AA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they made a shitty destiny clone instead of a single player epic RPG like fans wanted   their loss. enough of this clone shit, bullet sponge enemies shooter MMO crap. Destiny is a fucking pl

anthem, crackdown, far cry, metro   lmao western trash

Jonb1 went from Hyping AAA Exclusive bangers at the start of this Gen through 2015.... to now;   1) Saying Exclusives don't matter.  2) Saying AAAs don't matter.  3) Saying as long

Some quotes I stole from reddit on the vg247 review of the game:

- it feels like it’s been designed by a board room full of grey-skinned men in £2,000 suits

- It’s a loot shooter where all the loot is variations of the same boring shotguns and assault rifles

- what would a game from the creator of Mass Effect be without player choice? Anthem. It would be Anthem.

- You fly to a mission, shoot stuff, occasionally hold X on something interactive, head back to the hub, swap your mech’s crotch from chrome to rubber, then head back out and do it again

- The customisation is clearly designed to push you towards spending real money. Even then, there’s barely anything to tempt you.

- a team game where there’s barely any teamwork

- a hollow experience that’s been designed to appeal to the widest market possible while squeezing more money out of those who are hooked in by its doggy treat design

- Anthem’s biggest issues can’t be fixed with a patch.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/18/anthem-review/

Edited by Hot Sauce

EA is on a spree.

Must be that destructive transgender managing up top.

First, they kill Mass Effect Andromeda

Then, they rewrite the story with Battlefield V

Now, they release a patch and make FIFA 19 unplayable.

But it's not over yet.

They switched priorities with Anthem and turn it from a futuristic rpg to a microtransactions bland Destiny clone.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

If you liked the first one, you'll like TD2.

That's it.

Loved the first and Massive kept improving it for a long time. This will be the same. You might be an Ubi hater but all their mainline franchises are usually a safe bet for AA+, not to mention Massive is prob their best dev team.

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Loved the first and Massive kept improving it for a long time. This will be the same. You might be an Ubi hater but all their mainline franchises are usually a safe bet for AA+, not to mention Massive is prob their best dev team.

Disagree.

The core game was barebones and then they had a few good patches but in the end killed the game with the bullet sponge enemies.

The Survivor DLC sounded good, even though I never got to play it.

I got the Gold Edition and only played the core game, all because it was a chore to play through the same repetitve enemies and boring level design.

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Disagree.

The core game was barebones and then they had a few good patches but in the end killed the game with the bullet sponge enemies.

The Survivor DLC sounded good, even though I never got to play it.

I got the Gold Edition and only played the core game, all because it was a chore to play through the same repetitve enemies and boring level design.

Just doesn't sound like you're a fan of the genre tbh. D2, Destiny, Anthem, etc all are 'repetitive' especially as you get end game. You are meant to replay the same missions and go on the loot grind. It isn't for everyone. If you play solo it is especially crap. Never played any of these games alone.