NPD Jan 2018 Hardware Results - "X gonna give it to ya"

X gonna give you another last place finish and another Huge Drop YOY (-57%). XB1 continues to fall off a cliff :feelsbadman:

NSW: 284K / 4 = 71,000
PS4: 195K / 4 = 48,750
XB1: 101K / 4 = 25,250

For comparisons sake last year numbers. 

NSW: 275K / 5 = 55,000
PS4: 254K / 5 = 50,800
XB1: 235K / 5 = 47,000

Switch sold almost as much as PS4 and Xbox1 combined. 

Software leaks peg Smash, NSMB, RE2 and KH3 for strong software sales in Jan.  Software ranking should be published soon. 

Strong debuts for RE 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Super Mario Bros Deluxe
- Smash Ultimate with strong legs

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how does xbox one compare to og xbox at this point of the cycle?   Xbox 2005 vs Xbox One 2018     meanwhile...   PS2 2005 vs PS4 2018   ps

First of all I love how quickly NPD or sales threads in general change topic lol.   Secondly, my favourite kind of hypocrite is someone who loves graphics enough that the Pro is a piece of s

Vini needs this after the rape he got itt http://rapecrisis.com/

Posted Images

What exactly did all those sheepets buy a ditch for lmfao

I was thoroughly enjoying REmake 2 in January, low sales and all, how about you sheepets? Were you able to let go of that cow teat and play it on your Ditch? :tom: 

Edited by bhytre
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I was thoroughly enjoying REmake 2 in January, low sales and all, how about you sheepets? Were you able to let go of that cow teat and play it on your Ditch? :tom: 

RE 2 best on PC

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Pretty sure Switch sales will slow down in the upcoming months this year. No killer-app on the horizon. I can't imagine people will be buying Switch for Yoshi. 

Genuinely would not surprise me if their ports of NSMB U and Super Luigi U combined together would sell very well, and Smash Bros continues to sell well into March/April.

Tetris 99 may be their biggest killer app for Switch Online, it may actually end up being a killer app for people to pick up more Switches.

And, uh.......there's this game releasing later this year called Pokemon, and its not a spinoff its a main series game. Pretty sure the Switch will do well.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Someway somehow all the Switch exclusives for the last two years don't exist for new system owners.   Once a game is released it doesn't exist anymore :grimaceleft:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Year

ovah

Year

Lemmings better get ready, because they will get skullfucked with YoY statistics throughout this entire 2019 year.

That's what those dipshits get for trying to hide behind that statistic.

Dat Growth :dame: