NPD Jan 2018 Hardware Results - "X gonna give it to ya"

14 minutes ago, Vini said:

Even with shitty exclusives X1X is still the best console to own. Since spider man came out I've played better versions of RDR2, RE2, AC: origins and now Metro in Native 4k

PS4 is overrated as fuck. One great single player game every 2 fuckin years, give me a break. PS2 was cranking out games left and right at this point of the cycle. PS4 pro's price point was a mistake. 

Both companies need to get their shit together. 

Eh, it depends on tastes. I loved god of war, Detroit and Spider-Man last year - 3 exclusives. If I could only have one console, it would be the PS4 pro, since it gets nearly every Xbox game and real, stellar exclusives. However, since money isn’t an issue, I will gladly use my Xbox one x for superior multiplats. But they are only that - multiplats and can be played elsewhere (many times they are best on PC - if you want to go there). 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how does xbox one compare to og xbox at this point of the cycle?   Xbox 2005 vs Xbox One 2018     meanwhile...   PS2 2005 vs PS4 2018   ps

First of all I love how quickly NPD or sales threads in general change topic lol.   Secondly, my favourite kind of hypocrite is someone who loves graphics enough that the Pro is a piece of s

Vini needs this after the rape he got itt http://rapecrisis.com/

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Vini said:

Even with shitty exclusives X1X is still the best console to own. Since spider man came out I've played better versions of RDR2, RE2, AC: origins and now Metro in Native 4k

PS4 is overrated as fuck. One great single player game every 2 fuckin years, give me a break. PS2 was cranking out games left and right at this point of the cycle. PS4 pro's price point was a mistake. 

Pfft, lmao. Let me remind you PS4 had the best multiplats for what, four years during the gen? Not to mention it stacked up an impressive list of exclusives and Xcluded games on top of that.

Now PS4 is apparently ''overrated as fuck'' because it lost the multiplat graphics war during the mid gen console refresh. :tom:  I still game on the regular PS4 which I got in like 2014... Didn't have to buy another, pricier SKU to make it seems like it's now relevant.

The only one that needs to get their shit together is MS and their embarrassing first party output. 

3 hours ago, Vini said:

how does xbox one compare to og xbox at this point of the cycle?

Xbox 2005 vs Xbox One 2018

rZjwDYy.pngNL2Rvje.png

:sabu:

meanwhile...

PS2 2005 vs PS4 2018

PjBLxsd.pngv3YSwrp.png

ps4 IS cranking out games left and right at a pace not seen since the ps2. 2017-2018 was an embarrassment of riches for ps4, while xbox one was just an embarrassment. just look at the head-to-head:

PS4 vs Xbox 2017

Spoiler

January
-Gravity Rush 2
-Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
-Tales of Berseria
-Yakuza 0
February - Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn
March
-Danganronpa 1-2

-Kingdom Hearts HD Remix
-MLB The Show 17
-Nier Automata
April - Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Persona 5
May - Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
June
-Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
-Nex Machina
-Wipeout Omega Collection
July - Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age, Pyre
August
-Everybody's Golf
-Hellblade
-Uncharted Lost Legacy
-Undertale
September
-Danganronpa V3
-Yakuza Kiwami
-Ys VIII
October - Gran Turismo Sport
November - Horizon Frozen Wilds
December - Dead Rising 4 RGE

vs

January -
February - Halo Wars 2
March -
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September - Cuphead, Forza 7
October -
November -
December - Christopher Nolan 4K Collection

PS4 vs Xbox 2018

Spoiler

January - Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
February - Moss, Shadow of the Colossus
March - MLB The Show 18, Ni no Kuni II
April - God of War, Yakuza 6
May - Detroit: Become Human, Dragon's Crown Pro
June - BlazBlue: CTB, Fighting EX Layer
July - The Persistence
August
-Fire Pro Wrestling World
-Guacamelee! 2
-Yakuza Kiwami 2
September
-Dragon Quest XI
-Spider-Man
-Zone of the Enders 2 HD
October - Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, Fist of the North Star
November - Beat Saber, Tetris Effect
December
-Earth Defense Force 5
-Persona 3: DIM
-Persona 5: DIS
-PlayerUnknown's Battleground RGE

vs

January -
February -
March - Sea of Thieves
April -
May - State of Decay 2
June -
July -
August -
September - Forza Horizon 4
October -
November -
December
-Ashen
-Below
-Mission: Impossible 4K Collection

one great single player game every 2 years? try every 2 weeks.

xbox one x launched 15 months ago, and has ONE multiplat thats both AAA and a graphical showpiece: RDR2.

RE2 isnt moving the needle in the technical edge, and a high-A/low-AA flop like metro, or some annual ubitrash isnt moving the needle in the quality department. none of these are pushing anyone over the $500 cliff to buy an xbox one x when they could get those on ps4 plus its 1st party heavy hitters, and 3rd party japanese xcluded games.

"both companies need to get their shit together" :kaz: 

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Lots of delusional ass cows. There's like 4 great exclusives on PS4 God of War, Bloodborne, UC4 and maybe Horizon. The rest are not essential.

PS1 and PS2 had like 15-20 essential games I can name off the top of my head. PS3 had the least. Best I'll give PS4 is the third best playstation console to date. 

Edited by Vini
2 hours ago, Vini said:

Lots of delusional ass cows. There's like 4 great exclusives on PS4 God of War, Bloodborne, UC4 and maybe Horizon. The rest are not essential.

PS1 and PS2 had like 15-20 essential games I can name off the top of my head. PS3 had the least. Best I'll give PS4 is the third best playstation console to date. 

xbox one x has ONE multiplat thats both AAA and a graphical showpiece, after 15 months on the market. the rest are not moving the needle.

og xbox and x360 had a solid mix of 1st/3rd party and western/japanese. and actual exclusives. guess we know what the third best xbox console to date is, eh?

imagine taking rdr2-metro-ac origins over bloodborne-uncharted-horizon-god of war-etc :tom: 

Edited by Quad Damage

Those games were great I played them all and I got a PS4 pro. Now it just collects dust maybe an exclusive every 1-2 years and some UC4 MP.  

It's a good console but it's overrated as fuck. And when you compare the premium versions for multiplats PS4 Pro falls embarrassingly short. 

Edited by Vini
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Eh, it depends on tastes. I loved god of war, Detroit and Spider-Man last year - 3 exclusives. If I could only have one console, it would be the PS4 pro, since it gets nearly every Xbox game and real, stellar exclusives. However, since money isn’t an issue, I will gladly use my Xbox one x for superior multiplats. But they are only that - multiplats and can be played elsewhere (many times they are best on PC - if you want to go there). 

I don't have a gaming PC cause I'm not a smelly hermshit and my OLED deserves the best 4k graphics I can get on consoles. 

Edited by Vini
2 hours ago, Vini said:

I'm not taking anything over those games I played them all and I got a PS4 pro. It just collects dust maybe an exclusive every 1-2 years and some UC4 MP. 

It's a good console but it's overrated as fuck. And when you compare the premium versions for multiplats PS4 Pro falls embarrassingly short. 

you are, if youre claiming xbox one is the "best console to own." it collects dust on store shelves because it has 1 marquee multiplat so far and some annual forzas.

xbox one is a bad console. its had the multiplat edge for barely over a year and the 1st party situtation is embarrassing and isnt ever getting better on xbox one.

Edited by Quad Damage
2 hours ago, -GD- said:

If I could only have one console, it would be the PS4 pro,

I remember Remij and jonb making fun of me because I was holding out on buying any console until the PS4pro came out in November 2016. And since I knew there was a PS4 revision coming in early 2016, I had been buying cheap $10 retail disc versions of Bloodborne and Until Dawn before I got the console.

Perfect entry point for this gen.

This also confirms there is almost no market for $500 consoles. Next-gen needs to be 399, no matter the hardware compromises.

@ Vini, this is an enthusiast forum, but even here people are fine with their base systems be it S or PS4. I think you're really overating the appeal of these systems for many people. Many dont care, they just want to play good versions of current games, which even the base XBox does fairly well even if with compromises.

You're just getting a higher resolution, not new physics, exclusive graphical features, gameplay changes etc. Its nice, but not that essential.

Edited by Team 2019
5 hours ago, Vini said:

So you have a very high standard for what's a great exclusive on PS4..... but somehow that standard doesn't apply to Xbox1? 

PS4 had the multiplat lead for 4 entire years..... X has so far had it for 1 year. 

Lmfao Vini lmfao

• Upvote 1

2017 was the year you had no choice but to bail on Xflop as a rational person. PS4 was getting a banger a week, a 9.0 AAAE japanese game a week, + marketing all the big 3rd party western games, + their own 1st party exclusives, while we were twiddling our thumbs for the whole year.

That year was torture to be an Xflop only owner. RE7 Dlc delayed, Xcluded on Nioh and Nier, And PS4 pumping out bangers all year long.

I think it was

Horizon

RE7 VR/DLC exclusivity

Persona 5

Nier

Nioh

Yakuza 0

Gravity Rush 2

all hit within like 6 months of eachother at the start of the year. :rofl: Xbox ofcourse had nothing release 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

So you have a very high standard for what's a great exclusive on PS4..... but somehow that standard doesn't apply to Xbox1? 

PS4 had the multiplat lead for 4 entire years..... X has so far had it for 1 year. 

Lmfao Vini lmfao

I'd say it applies to all but the reality is when you look at all things being equal it really doesn't matter. I have thousands of games, do you know how many are exclusive? I'd be troubled to say 10% and that 10% includes games from all era's including the 80's, 90's and early 00's when exclusivity was peak.

We're literally at the point where 1-3% of a systems library is exclusive... 1-3%... So Vini has a point, aside from a few games there's nothing that makes the PS4 this essential purchase. Global experience is more important for a lot of people and when it comes to that global experience Xbox is fairing better at least on the high end.

Sony had literally an entire year lead on Microsoft and the Pro has landed with 390 Pro enhanced games to date, as of right now 2/20/2019... With 27 months at market they've gotten support for 390 games. For 15 months at market Xbox One X has gotten support for 402 games. 

For Microsoft the 4K market is proving more virtuous and fruitful than it is for Sony, it's seeing the gains Sony made in the PS4 1080p space but in reversed order. They're getting more support for their system faster, and better. Remember that shit John Linneman said about development tools for Xbox that Lynux kept trying to push around here to explain these few instances of the Pro performing the same or better? Yeah don't be so quick to soak up third party information, like I said it's just lazy ass Japs. 

This is from yesterday... Every piece of information to ever come out relating to the Xbox One X both pre-release and post has been that it's a smooth process with good tools. So when we wander back to those Ace Combat 7 level things, you know like the 3-4 games that are in parity or worse on X... yeah I'm going to say the developer is lazy. They're so far out of the bounds in terms of the rule to exception ratio and acceptability that the only plausibility is lack of effort.

G6TBW22.png

But that is beside the point, it's a better console, it makes better use of your modern television, it makes better use of the only TV's people are buying now. 4K TV penetration has nearly tripled since the beginning of 2017, it's up to 40% now. It's on path to possibly exceeds 1080p television ownership this year, it's on path to be standardized, the television standard... It has more games to use on them and more features to make use of them not only in terms of usability like movies but also standard preparedness for VRR and FreeSync TV's which are making their way onto the market. 

No matter what Xbox does they will never outsell Sony unless of course Sony fucks up, their reach is just too large. However that doesn't mean Xbox are making underhanded efforts or not excelling beyond them, sales don't paint the picture of everything. This is all about games right? All about developer support? Well Xbox One X is getting more developer support than Sony's 'worldwide appealing' system and they have Japanese support, that says a lot...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Console saw a 60% drop, and mother fucker is talking about 4K.

:drake:

He thinks the general public wants to play flops in 4K.

Yes the X has the best hardware... unfortunately it does not have any good exclusives.  Exclusives sell good hardware.