Currently getting rabies vaccinations...

Just now, teh_4th said:

That really sucks bro.  Rabies is nearly 100% lethal and a horrific and miserable way to die though, so the alternative would be much worse.  Hang in there.

We don't know if the dog was rabid or not, the animal control marshall went over there to try and contact the owner and get the dog but they wouldn't answer so it was precautionary. It's better safe than sorry, and yeah I've seen some things in the past with rabies and it looks like one of the worst ways you can die, but thankfully it's 100% curable if you catch it before its incubation period is over.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

We don't know if the dog was rabid or not, the animal control marshall went over there to try and contact the owner and get the dog but they wouldn't answer so it was precautionary. It's better safe than sorry, and yeah I've seen some things in the past with rabies and it looks like one of the worst ways you can die, but thankfully it's 100% curable if you catch it before its incubation period is over.

Yea. you're going to be totally fine as long as you keep following up with your shots.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You know that soreness you get after a shot, imagine that but worse in 7 different locations all over your body... I'm so stiff right now :/

I know you don't smoke pot, but at the current moment I don't think that'd be a terrible idea.

23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, it doesn't sound too terrible at the moment. A hot bath might be a better solution though, just soak it out with heat. 

Noooooo, cold.  You want cold.  Take an ice bath to reduce the swelling and numb it down.  

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nothing is really swollen, I thought you were supposed to apply heat to sore muscles? 

You should be able to able to get CBD bath bombs from a pot shop in your area. CBD is the non-active part of Cannabis, but helps with general soreness. I used to take a bath (after a shower) and drop one in after Jiu-Jitsu classes sore I didn't walk into work the next day like a geriatric.

38 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

You should be able to able to get CBD bath bombs from a pot shop in your area. CBD is the non-active part of Cannabis, but helps with general soreness. I used to take a bath (after a shower) and drop one in after Jiu-Jitsu classes sore I didn't walk into work the next day like a geriatric.

I didn't even know that was a thing, I'll have to check that out.

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

damn bro, sorry to hear. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nothing is really swollen, I thought you were supposed to apply heat to sore muscles? 

So heat increases blood flow and also increases inflammation (an immune response to heal). However, that increases pain.  You want the opposite.