New update for Metro improving RTX and DLSS support and fixing bugs

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

But wait... look at it... like..... this:

Is that how you play the game?  Zoomed in like that? You dumb FUCK :tom: 

DLSS got this motherfucker zooming in 800% :hest: 

Do you think I zoomed it in to see the problems? No, I opened the screenshots and can clearly see them. 

What I did is called "highlighting"... You're trying to pass this shit off on someone who has been PC gaming his whole life who also has 20/10 vision...

Come on man...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't Look So Sharp

Destroyed.

The most important part is Remij has the $$$ to play around with all this shit. Major respect.

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Do you think I zoomed it in to see the problems? No, I opened the screenshots and can clearly see them. 

What I did is called "highlighting"... You're trying to pass this shit off on someone who has been PC gaming his whole life who also has 20/10 vision...

Come on man...

Nope.  But you DEFINITELY zoomed in to make the problem appear WORSE than it actually is in normal viewing distances. 

Don't fuck with me Dynamite.. I'll clown your ass to hell and back if you want to go that route with me :reg: 

13 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Maybe it matters on a close up monitor, but I can't tell 1800p and 2160p apart on my huge ass TV from a distance.

Of course if you LOOK you can see differences.  One is 1440p and the other is 4K...  The thing is... you're not playing a still image...

17 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I can't tell 1800p and 2160p apart on my huge ass TV from a distance.

It doesn't matter. PussC gamers are always all about the best graphical fidelity, framerates and technology. Hermslobs are the first ones to point out minuscule differences in zoomed in screenshots before anyone else and this goes against everything Remij has been about for the last year. Despite DLSS looking worse, and it does look worse, it's okay because NVIDIA developed it.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Of course if you LOOK you can see differences.  One is 1440p and the other is 4K...  The thing is... you're not playing a still image...

I went upclose to my TV when I got a Pro, and was starting point black. Switching between 1800p and 2160p. I couldn't see a single difference. That's in TLOU since it had the option, was just testing shit for fun.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It doesn't matter. PussC gamers are always all about the best graphical fidelity, framerates and technology. Hermslobs are the first ones to point out minuscule differences in zoomed in screenshots before anyone else and this goes against everything Remij has been about for the last year. Despite DLSS looking worse, and it does look worse, it's okay because NVIDIA developed it.

Bullllll fuckiiiiing shiiiiit...

I'm usually the one talking about new technologies and showing interest in them.  Going against everything I said? :mj: Please motherfucker... I talk about Sony technologies, MS technologies, Nvidia tech, AMD tech.. ect ect. regardless of whether they are about improving fidelity or not.  I talk about everything... not just PC shit.  Try again asshole.

And you're forgetting ONE FUCKING THING...  even if I always talking about having the best fidelity.... ITS TRUE.  This is an option dipshit.  Does PS4 give you the option to run checkerboard or native at higher resolution?  :drake: 

Even when you think you win.. you still lose with me.. because the REAL funny thing here, is how I flip this shit back on you.. and you can't defend it.  Stupid Lynux... yea now he can see all the difference in the world.. but when it comes to PS4 games using checkerboard vs X1X... he's all "there's hardly any difference.. and it doesn't matter" :hest: 

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The most important part is Remij has the $$$ to play around with all this shit. Major respect.

Let's not even mention that shit because that has no bearing on the discussion and just gets people pissed off.  I know any of these guys here could have the PC I have.  It's not even a big deal.  Actually, people here probably have better CPUs that I do already.

All I'm saying is.. yes I know I get excited about technologies like this and I do talk shit up a lot... I can't help that shit... but I love shit like this.  The whole inferencing and machine learning, and AI denoising and all these other technologies are interesting as fuck.. and even putting aside real-time image reconstruction with regards to these technologies... they are going to completely change how games are developed in the future.  This deep learning and training of networks is how AI in games is going to get better.  It's how developers are going to be able to create models and textures extremely quickly... cut down on R&D time.. and improve animations, while at the same time improving details and compression.  And I'm sure AI will even help programmers optimize code more efficiently than just regular profiling tools.

It's early.. but it WILL get there.

And Dynamite, I never said DLSS was better than native 4K.  I've said many times that it can never truly match it... but I think it can get to the point where certain aspects look even better than TAA (ghosting and temporal stability) and where the hit to detail will be minimal enough that in most cases choosing DLSS(or alternative) will be preferable. 

Then again, Nvidia is working on a ray traced anti aliasing which is supposed to work within a 16ms frame budget for a game.. and completely eliminate the blurriness that TAA inherently has.

39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, why would somebody intentionally blow up images from area this small?

ST7rfrC.jpg

Yeah that's clearly bullshit. If you need to do that to find something to discredit, then you ain't got shit.

I could blow up any other part of the image and it would be the same thing, shut the fuck up Jerry. It doesn't matter where you look.

46258751475_da45c19e9d_o.png

46258751755_ab9cdf8e73_o.png

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

So what? It's not about being able to afford a video card, it's about whether or not it's worthy of it's ROI. It's not. RTX flopped. I could buy 10 of these cards and it wouldn't hurt me at all, but I'm most certainly not stupid enough to actually do it. lol

Just now, lynux3 said:

I've said from the very beginning that the RTX 20XX series GPUs were going to be one of NVIDIA's worst GPUs in a long time, and so far I've been right. :juggle:

Like the 2080 Ti is impressive in terms of regular gains, or its at least what was expected... but at $1,200? Nope..