New update for Metro improving RTX and DLSS support and fixing bugs

So far I've been playing at 1080p ultra settings hair works turned off and the only part that dropped below 60 was when I walked by a train that had a bunch of steam coming out . Besides that locked 60 . So I hear the desert and later is where it gets more demanding , I'll try dlss when I notice perf issues .

This is one of the sharpest 1080p games I've played and the graphics are fucking bonkers so far.  And the game is quite good .

I only played maybe a couple hours .

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't Look So Sharp

Destroyed.

The most important part is Remij has the $$$ to play around with all this shit. Major respect.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Like the 2080 Ti is impressive in terms of regular gains, or its at least what was expected... but at $1,200? Nope..

Exactly. The performance gains do not justify the pricing. This card should be $799.99 at the most (reference) and then maybe $899.99 for AIB shit.

22 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Exactly. The performance gains do not justify the pricing. This card should be $799.99 at the most (reference) and then maybe $899.99 for AIB shit.

You know what, that's kind of bullshit.  The simple fact is that it commands a premium because it's the single fastest consumer GPU out there and there is no competition.  Blame Nvidia all you want, but there's reasons why this shit is like this.  As a consumer.. you're fine to think that... I'd love lower prices too... but you have to look at the reality here.  Nvidia are the market leader, they're a generation ahead of their competitors in speed alone... then they're a generation ahead of that in technology.  Not to mention, these GPU dies are massive, and that alone costs a lot of money..  Yields also play a part in pricing you know.. yields on chips of this size aren't always great.  And when you consider RAM prices as they are using the latest in memory technology... these things all contribute.

Of course Nvidia is greedy, but they've put themselves in the position where they can be this way...  I'm not saying it's great, or it's fine.. but let's not act like there aren't any reasons to justify this.  These are the fastest.. most feature proof cards out there with the latest tech.

If they wouldn't have fucked up with the crypto shit and flooded the channels with 10series GPUs.. the RTX 20 series would have done MUCH better... and probably would have been a bit cheaper as well.  They definitely fucked up on that... and not having any real showcases for their newest technologies.  The thing is though... RTX is the next generation of Nvidia.  These GPUs... love them or hate them... have ushered in a new paradigm in real-time graphics.  Laugh if you want... but it's true.  It began with the 20 series, and they aren't going away.  RTX is the future. 

53 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I could blow up any other part of the image and it would be the same thing, shut the fuck up Jerry. It doesn't matter where you look.

46258751475_da45c19e9d_o.png

46258751755_ab9cdf8e73_o.png

It effectively destroys your argument that you CANNOT see the blurriness unless you attempt 800% zooms.

I actually love how you are so stupid to not realize that.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It effectively destroys your argument that you CANNOT see the blurriness unless you attempt 800% zooms.

Even less so when you're.. actually playing. :] 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

It's not an argument, these are irrefutable facts.

You can flat out see the screen wide degradation unzoomed. The IQ difference is completely perceptible with no alteration to the image, it's not something hidden, it's not nuanced, these are not far off details, they're details everywhere. Close, far, left, right, up, down, it doesn't matter where you look it's a substantially worse image. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Remij what is the performance benefit of implementing 4K DLSS, as of this current point in time with Metro?

In any given scene I'm seeing 12-20fps gains over native 4K with DLSS... usually closer to 20fps.  And that's WITH ray tracing on... which makes all the difference in the world.

Lemme test something real quick.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

In any given scene I'm seeing 12-20fps gains over native 4K with DLSS... usually closer to 20fps.  And that's WITH ray tracing on... which makes all the difference in the world.

Lemme test something real quick.

That is absolutely worth it.

No amount of 800% zooms on fucking STILL frames is going to convince people otherwise.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You are such an idiot...

33298016988_6405e5bcf9_o.png

46259164945_b4d4b053d0_o.png

:lawl::lawl::lawl:he's still using a 800% zoom, and its still not working.  All of this after he said he SUPPOSEDLY didn't need any zooming to show how obviously terrible 4K DLSS looks compared to 4K.

And all this entire time he's neglecting the fact that the PC is performing a real-time lighting effect that helps the graphics far more than any resolution upgrade could.

He really is clueless.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:lawl::lawl::lawl:he's still using a 800% zoom, and its still not working.  All of this after he said he SUPPOSEDLY didn't need any zooming to show how obviously terrible 4K DLSS looks compared to 4K.

And all this entire time he's neglecting the fact that the PC is performing a real-time lighting effect that helps the graphics far more than any resolution upgrade could.

He really is clueless.

That's not zoomed... :dead2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's not zoomed... :dead2:

Yes it is, because that resolution of what you posted is 1210 (horizontal) x 929 pixels (vertical), and it is at most a quarter of the overall width of the screenshot.

but that cannot be because that would mean that the screenshot is 4840 pixels across.

Which means you zoomed in.

Thanks for playing.

Just now, jehurey said:

Yes it is, because that resolution of what you posted is 1210 (horizontal) x 929 pixels (vertical), and it is at most a quarter of the overall width of the screenshot.

but that cannot be because that would mean that the screenshot is 4840 pixels across.

Which means you zoomed in.

Thanks for playing.

It's not zoomed you moron, it's cropped. 

:hest:

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not zoomed you moron, it's cropped. 

:hest:

Then there wouldn't have been a need to crop it if it was easily visible from the FULL scene. LOL

I love how you continually fail to grasp this.

There is no noticeable difference, especially if you have to isolate parts of a screenshot. :tom:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then there wouldn't have been a need to crop it if it was easily visible from the FULL scene. LOL

I love how you continually fail to grasp this.

There is no noticeable difference, especially if you have to isolate parts of a screenshot. :tom:

Damn dude you are like the dumbest person on the face of the Earth... People crop, zoom or focus on specific things as a means of highlighting which seems to be too grand of a concept for your brain to understand. 

It's not that it doesn't look like this everywhere; because it does. It's that if you isolate a specific location from the image it allows you to more greatly focus on the differences therein. Again, this is basic but for you it might as well be astrophysics. 

The image basically goes from Ultra to Medium in an instant at a perceptibly lower resolution. Everything suffers. You're just being Jerry which as I've learned is coequal for dumb. 

F28lVUN.gif

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Damn dude you are like the dumbest person on the face of the Earth... People crop, zoom or focus on specific things as a means of highlighting which seems to be too grand of a concept for your brain to understand. 

It's not that it doesn't look like this everywhere; because it does. It's that if you isolate a specific location from the image it allows you to more greatly focus on the differences therein. Again, this is basic but for you it might as well be astrophysics. 

The image basically goes from Ultra to Medium in an instant at a perceptibly lower resolution. Everything suffers. You're just being Jerry which as I've learned is coequal for dumb. 

F28lVUN.gif

Except the only major differences are swaying of foilage, the quality of the foilage does not seem pereceptible.

And the backjground appears darking, but that could be a visual effect like dust and haze moving in between the time he took his screenshots.

Its a moving scene.

And you had to ISOLATE this specific area in order to get anything perceptible. (in a moving scene).

Sweetheart.............YOU are not capable of that perceptibility while playing a video game. Don't bother wasting your time pretending that you are when playing a game on your 4K tv from a regular distance on your couch. LOL

Edited by jehurey