DF Retro Extra: Sony at E3 2006 - PlayStation 3's Darkest Hour Revisited

The PS3 had a CPU with 7 SPEs specialized in vector procession at 3.2ghz. No wonder they can't emulate it on PS3.

I really hope they get emulation up for PS3 on PS4. Don't care for PS2/PS1, the controls suck too much. I hacked my PS2 and and like half the games have inverted controls you can't even change, and other terrible decisions. Remasters for those.

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The PS3 had a CPU with 7 SPEs specialized in vector procession at 3.2ghz. No wonder they can't emulate it on PS3.

I really hope they get emulation up for PS3 on PS4. Don't care for PS2/PS1, the controls suck too much. I hacked my PS2 and and like half the games have inverted controls you can't even change, and other terrible decisions. Remasters for those.

Yea

Man, that was probably the worst conference ever. Lots of lulz. I was a lemming back then. Gears of war 1 was mind-blowing (at the time). Lost planet too. Hell, the first 2 or 3 years were pretty epic for the system. 

Edited by -GD-

It really was a disaster but it’s nostalgic to look back on. That conference must have produced some of the first truly viral memes. 

Nintendo E3 2008, MS E3 2010 and 2013 are definitely up there on the cringe factor too. Microsoft‘s MTV special for Xbox 360 is underrated too

They were a complete joke until 2008. After MGS4 dropped, PS3 actually became a contender.

through a worse showing than any other company in history, they still never resorted to whoring out their games to PC, grovelling to the competition, or throwing in the white towel. Never betrayed their customers or their fans.

Sony has earned my respect and my business. :jordan3: what a time to be alive.

7 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

They were a complete joke until 2008. After MGS4 dropped, PS3 actually became a contender.

through a worse showing than any other company in history, they still never resorted to whoring out their games to PC, grovelling to the competition, or throwing in the white towel. Never betrayed their customers or their fans.

Sony has earned my respect and my business. :jordan3: what a time to be alive.

You take this shit so serious :kaz: 

I pledge my allegiance to Sony now, but mostly Nintendo! :sword:

Before :haloben:

After :benio:

:rofl: