I guess I wasn't paying attention but Black Panther was nominated for best picture?

15 minutes ago, -GD- said:

hmmm....

in no particular order

1. the favourite

2. green book

3. blindspotting

4. can you ever forgive me?

5. hereditary 

these are just 5 random films. 

i watched a bunch of foreign horror flicks i liked...like framed  (twisted as fuck!)

o ok, so I've just been living under a rock then. (Green Book being called Driving miss Daisy 2 itt doesnt sound enticing tho)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

says the guy triggered by a black guy doing a cover of a rock song 

the butthurt is real. the acedemy awards are garbage imo, anyhow. if titanic and shape of water can win...then meh 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I do agree that Black Panther shouldn't even be nominated for Best Picture, its story isn't very strong.

But the reason why this thread exists is because Cooke is purposely making another thread to dogwhistle the alt-right'ers to come in here and start shit up again.

You think if another Marvel movie of a similar caliber got a Best Picture nomination--like, say, Doctor Strange-- he'd be making a thread freaking out about it?

They had some embarrassing winners last night. Ethan Hawke had won every other major Best Actor award but he didn't even get nominated for the Academy Awards. And then to see fucking Rami Malek win it, they showed a clip from the movie, and he's lipsyncing, and its not even believable lip-sync. He looked like Freddie Mercury cosplay.

If Beale Street Could Talk wasn't nominated for Best Picture, either. And there was only 8 movies nominated for Best Picture, even though they can have up to 10.

I hear some people liking Green Book, I haven't seen it, but I heard it was from one of the Farrelly Brothers AND its a road trip movie, so I'm sure its entertaining but its not going to push the boundries of moviemaking.

green book is a very familiar story (unlikely pair become close friends). however, both ali and viggo deliver A+ performances. i think another thing i liked about the flick, is that the racial angle wasn't heavy-handed. yes, it was there. however, it didn't bog down the "feel good" vibe the film was shooting for. ultimately, it's a crowd-pleaser, and i think it's a great movie for the current social climate. 

4 minutes ago, zwarior said:

o ok, so I've just been living under a rock then. (Green Book being called Driving miss Daisy 2 itt doesnt sound enticing tho)

that's a barebones comparison. it's funny, moving, and you can't help but smile at the end. it's doesn't rewrite the formula, but it elevates it. 

Edited by -GD-
2 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

might want to read my edit fucknuts. And by the way, you posting that image shows me how truly stupid you are.  Thanks.

I'm talking about understanding that a product was meant for one demographic instead of another, and you're talking about foot races.  Stop while you're ahead, Spicoli. :] 

But for real Mikey.  To each their own.  Everyone has their own way to look at things and break it all down differently.  I've learned to keep my trap shut for the most part because we are simply humans.  We are all animals who live on this planet.  It's difficult to change animal instincts.  

But seriously though.  You don't know what I mean by "foot race"?  I'm using it as a hypothetical. 

Edited by S#$@%^i
39 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Lol such pansies.

34 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

You stupid fuck.

25 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

suck a dick faggot.

25 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

might want to read my edit fucknuts. And by the way, you posting that image shows me how truly stupid you are.

20 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

S-T-F-D D-U-M-B-A-S-S

13 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

I've learned to keep my trap shut for the most part

:rawf: :rawf: :rawf: :rawf: :rawf: :rawf: 

• Haha 4
40 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

You and Gook are both white guys right?  Lol such pansies.  Black Panther wasn't even that good. rofl.  If it deserved to be up there then I wouldn't mind but as it is.... . 

why do you assume im white? :whoo:

Also... wasn't even commenting on the Quality of the movie..... was commenting on how Triggered DynamiteCop was about it