I guess I wasn't paying attention but Black Panther was nominated for best picture?

12 minutes ago, McWicked said:

"Dumb movie made by THUGS who just want to push the BLM AGENDA on REAL AMERICANS."  

Remember when Deeno thought black people registering to vote in front of the theater was an extremist action just because Black Panther was playing? :roff: 

Remember when he thought the Movie was about a revolt against white people because the Trailer had the word "revolution" in it :lupe:

• Haha 1
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

says the guy triggered by a black guy doing a cover of a rock song 

the butthurt is real. the acedemy awards are garbage imo, anyhow. if titanic and shape of water can win...then meh 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Remember when he thought the Movie was about a revolt against white people because the Trailer had the word "revolution" in it :lupe:

The concept of a movie that's not about white people escapes him. :mj: 

1 hour ago, zwarior said:

a great black movie of 2018 though is BlacKkKlansman, 10/10 (really 8/10 but highly recommend)

I've been meaning to watch this.  Spike Lee is pretty hit or miss, and when he misses, he misses hard. :meh: 

2 hours ago, McWicked said:

I've been meaning to watch this.  Spike Lee is pretty hit or miss, and when he misses, he misses hard. :meh: 

its the "BLM movie" that Black Panther was erroneously labeled as. Without pandering and representing the KKK i thought, without bias/fairly. As in what makes them the bad guys is their beliefs and Spike Lee even juxtaposes them with Black Extremists too who have the same sentiment against cops and society 

Edited by zwarior
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, zwarior said:

amazon prime and support the industry an all but paying for almost each show/movie on there instead of just the monthly subscription is why i "acquired it by different means"

ok ill check amazon prime. Im not gonna steal it like you did. 

2018 overall has been meh for movies. Cant rememb

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

add blindspotting to the mix. it was in my top 3. 

whats your top 5, cause 2018 was a "meh" for movies to me. Action movies like Aquaman, spiderverse, avengers were great. No 2018 drama grabbed me like 3 billboards outside ebbing Missouri, my fav of 2017

4 minutes ago, zwarior said:

2018 overall has been meh for movies. Cant rememb

whats your top 5, cause 2018 was a "meh" for movies to me. Action movies like Aquaman, spiderverse, avengers were great. No 2018 drama grabbed me like 3 billboards outside ebbing Missouri, my fav of 2017

hmmm....

in no particular order

1. the favourite

2. green book

3. blindspotting

4. can you ever forgive me?

5. hereditary 

these are just 5 random films. 

i watched a bunch of foreign horror flicks i liked...like framed  (twisted as fuck!)

I do agree that Black Panther shouldn't even be nominated for Best Picture, its story isn't very strong.

But the reason why this thread exists is because Cooke is purposely making another thread to dogwhistle the alt-right'ers to come in here and start shit up again.

You think if another Marvel movie of a similar caliber got a Best Picture nomination--like, say, Doctor Strange-- he'd be making a thread freaking out about it?

They had some embarrassing winners last night. Ethan Hawke had won every other major Best Actor award but he didn't even get nominated for the Academy Awards. And then to see fucking Rami Malek win it, they showed a clip from the movie, and he's lipsyncing, and its not even believable lip-sync. He looked like Freddie Mercury cosplay.

If Beale Street Could Talk wasn't nominated for Best Picture, either. And there was only 8 movies nominated for Best Picture, even though they can have up to 10.

I hear some people liking Green Book, I haven't seen it, but I heard it was from one of the Farrelly Brothers AND its a road trip movie, so I'm sure its entertaining but its not going to push the boundries of moviemaking.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, McWicked said:

The concept of a movie that's not about white people escapes him. :mj: 

You and Gook are both white guys right?  Lol such pansies.  Black Panther wasn't even that good. rofl.  If it deserved to be up there then I wouldn't mind but as it is.... . 

Edited by S#$@%^i
Just now, S#$@%^i said:

You and Gook are both white guys right?  Lol such pansies.  Black Panther wasn't even that good. rofl.

The fuck's our ethnicity got to do with understanding that a superhero movie wasn't tailored directly to white peoples' tastes?

16 minutes ago, McWicked said:

The fuck's our ethnicity got to do with understanding that a superhero movie wasn't tailored directly to white peoples' tastes?

Quite a bit.  Most normal people tend to lean towards their own race or ethnicity.  Why do you think black people are always hyping  up themselves and their friends?  You stupid fuck.  Let's not kid ourselves.  If there was some kind of competition between the races of planet earth, I mean something like a foot race or some shit, you can bet your ass that the majority of Asians would choose their competing Asian to win.  Same with Black.  Same with White.  Hispanics would always choose the Hispanic to win.  This is reality.

I'm sure all races on this website can admit that.  If they really look deep down.  I'm just saying it. We need to look at ourselves first to truly see the problem.  With this type of awareness we will be able to overcome.

Edited by S#$@%^i
3 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Quite a bit.  Most normal people tend to lean towards their own race or ethnicity.  Why do you think black people are always hyping themselves and their friends up.  You stupid fuck.

image.png.0aae4e50180dbafaee2afe08282aa9d0.png