I guess I wasn't paying attention but Black Panther was nominated for best picture?

No I think he genuinly finds it.dumbfounding and blackspicious such a weak movie got criticall acclaim. I agree with him on that. I think cooke is the.only sane reachable, maybe on slightly subconsciously racist, and mostly immaturely racist, but he's the best you're gonna get from the alt-ringers bund. 

Edited by kokujin
  • Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

says the guy triggered by a black guy doing a cover of a rock song 

the butthurt is real. the acedemy awards are garbage imo, anyhow. if titanic and shape of water can win...then meh 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

No I think he genuinly finds it.dumbfounding and blackspicious such a weak movie got criticall acclaim. I agree with him on that. I think cooke is the.only sane reachable, maybe on slightly subconsciously racist, and mostly immaturely racist, but he's the best you're gonna get from the alt-ringers bund

I love everything about this comment. :D 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, kokujin said:

No I think he genuinly finds it.dumbfounding and blackspicious such a weak movie got criticall acclaim. I agree with him on that. I think cooke is the.only sane reachable, maybe on slightly subconsciously racist, and mostly immaturely racist, but he's the best you're gonna get from the alt-ringers bund. 

Were you high when you wrote this? :comicbookguy:

• NPC 1
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

i want what you were smoking :-*

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, jehurey said:

I do agree that Black Panther shouldn't even be nominated for Best Picture, its story isn't very strong.

But the reason why this thread exists is because Cooke is purposely making another thread to dogwhistle the alt-right'ers to come in here and start shit up again.

You think if another Marvel movie of a similar caliber got a Best Picture nomination--like, say, Doctor Strange-- he'd be making a thread freaking out about it?

You really don't know me at all. If doctor strange got a nomination for BEST PICTURE I for sure would have made the same thread. No fucking marvel comic book movie should get that nomination. That's ridiculous! Maybe special effects, or costumes yeah. Best picture absolutely fucking NO. 

But of course you bring out your agenda against me. This thread was a face value thread, sure some retards fuck it up like dynoflop, but that has nothing to do with me. 

10 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

You really don't know me at all. If doctor strange got a nomination for BEST PICTURE I for sure would have made the same thread. No fucking marvel comic book movie should get that nomination. That's ridiculous! Maybe special effects, or costumes yeah. Best picture absolutely fucking NO. 

But of course you bring out your agenda against me. This thread was a face value thread, sure some retards fuck it up like dynoflop, but that has nothing to do with me. 

Nah, you would've made an general Oscars thread, and in it you would've made fun of Doctor Strange in passing.

You wouldn't make a thread completely centering on it.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nah, you would've made an general Oscars thread, and in it you would've made fun of Doctor Strange in passing.

Wait until the inevitable Captain Marvel thread gets made.  :ben: 

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Why do you believe black panther was nominated for best picture? 

BTW doctor strange was one of the weaker marvel movies. 

51 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Wait until the inevitable Captain Marvel thread gets made.  :ben: 

:ufdup:

46 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Same reason Titanic was nominated. Biggest movie of the year that had a cultural impact in the United States.

See.......the fact that YOU WANT THE ANSWER to be "because they want to celebrate this all-black movie just because its black people" is a dead giveaway that my accusation against you is correct.

Hell Toy Story 3 was the biggest moneymaking movie of 2010, and its the THIRD movie, and it even got a Best Picture nomination at the 2011 Oscars.

Avatar was the biggest grossing movie of 2009, and guess what? It got a Best Picture nomination at the 2010 Oscars. And Avatar's story sucks even more ass than Black Panther.

With the Best Picture category opening up to 10 nominations, this stuff is not out of the ordinary anymore.

For fucks sakes the Oscars even attempted to introduce a "Most Popular Movie of the Year" category before they got shamed into not doing it. They're trying to fit in "popular" movies to get people to watch.

I swear to god if Bohemian Rhapsody won Best Picture, they would never live it down.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:ufdup:

Same reason Titanic was nominated. Biggest movie of the year that had a cultural impact in the United States.

See.......the fact that YOU WANT THE ANSWER to be "because they want to celebrate this all-black movie just because its black people" is a dead giveaway that my accusation against you is correct.

Hell Toy Story 3 was the biggest moneymaking movie of 2010, and its the THIRD movie, and it even got a Best Picture nomination at the 2011 Oscars.

Avatar was the biggest grossing movie of 2009, and guess what? It got a Best Picture nomination at the 2010 Oscars. And Avatar's story sucks even more ass than Black Panther.

With the Best Picture category opening up to 10 nominations, this stuff is not out of the ordinary anymore.

For fucks sakes the Oscars even attempted to introduce a "Most Popular Movie of the Year" category before they got shamed into not doing it. They're trying to fit in "popular" movies to get people to watch.

I swear to god if Bohemian Rhapsody won Best Picture, they would never live it down.

Being most popular doesn't mean shit.  Transformers would have won best movie of the year

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

hell no. it's one of the best ones. most of them are garbage. 

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yet still significantly better than the avenger garbo snoozefests. 

Thor ragnarok was godly. BUT SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED A FUCKING OSCAR CONTENDER.