Brie Larson Doesn’t Want ‘Captain Marvel’ Press Tour To Be “Overwhelmingly White Male”

:D The Jerry Merry Go Round really is something else. 

'So what you're saying is....' 

'You won't answer this' (Procedes to answer this)

'You sound...'

'you sound like you're'

Every word you use is accusing others on insinuating things their posts say while literally 90% of your posts are insinuations :D It's amazing to watch. 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings and still isn't as sensitive as white guys on the internet.

The Jerry Merry Go Round really is something else.  'So what you're saying is....'  'You won't answer this' (Procedes to answer this) 'You sound...' 'you sound like you're'  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:D The Jerry Merry Go Round really is something else. 

'So what you're saying is....' 

'You won't answer this' (Procedes to answer this)

'You sound...'

'you sound like you're'

Every word you use is accusing others on insinuating things their posts say while literally 90% of your posts are insinuations :D It's amazing to watch. 

It is amazing to watch.........because you AREN'T answering.

You're avoiding.  If I were wrong, you'd be pointing out how.

I already know you're attempting to talk about me because you're trying to save face from the fact that I made your claim appear foolish. 

Edited by jehurey
49 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Also let's clear one thing, anyone thinking that an interview with Marie Claire isn't totally planned in full ahead of time, with Brie Larson's PR team telling the interviewer what to ask and going over the questions and answers being totally prepared and so on is literally gullible AF 

Actors don't make 'announcements', this is how shit is done. Come on, no one here is really dumb enough to think 'oh I just innocently mentioned it', didn't want a story to come out of it.

If that matter of not is another issue though. 

what a minute... don't try to frame it differently.    You already got the context of what she was saying as I pointed out in the OP. 

As far as the press thing... now you're reaching for a strawman... when you know damn well and good even though her PR agent can control what topics not to ask before accepting an interview, they CANNOT control what the magazine editors choose to publish and cut out from the interview. (As long as it doesn't change the context of what was said in the interview) 

As was stated in this thread earlier... Bre has discussed this WAYYYY before this.  The other outlets editors chose not to make it a story.

and again... this press thing has nothing to do with the context you asked for....which she already provided. 

Edited by Goukosan

But don't you see........Brie Larson has THOUGHT about this issue before making her remarks.

Can't you see how EVIL that inherently is?  To spend time thinking about an issue before talking about it?

You could even say she COLLUDED with Marie Claire.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

what a minute... don't try to frame it differently.    You already got the context of what she was saying as I pointed out in the OP. 

As far as the press thing... now you're reaching for a strawman... when you know damn well and good even though her PR agent can control what topics not to ask before accepting an interview, they CANNOT control what the magazine editors choose to publish and cut out from the interview. (As long as it doesn't change the context of what was said in the interview) 

As was stated in this thread earlier... Bre has discussed this WAYYYY before this.  The other outlets editors chose not to make it a story.

and again... this press thing has nothing to do with the context you asked for....which she already provided. 

Come on man, you know very well in the current climate that that quote was not only going to be picked up in the Marie Claire interview but then by the other publications. You're not gullible enough to think this wasn't planned. Also Marie Clarie, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, etc interviews are all sent to PR for approval prior to printing. These aren't journalistic magazines that go to uncover stories or get to the bottom of truths with the people they interview. They are glorified marketing material and they would never post something the acrot's PR didn't want for fear or losing them (and others in the future). Again, doesn't matter if it was, but it most definitely was pre planned to make a statement and announce the change. Which yet again is fine. Maybe she wanted to say it out loud to set a precedent, to bring attention to the topic, whatever. I don't even know why we are arguing this, it's common knowledge. But I guess since we disagree on certain other things we need to argue about everything. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But don't you see........Brie Larson has THOUGHT about this issue before making her remarks.

Can't you see how EVIL that inherently is?  To spend time thinking about an issue before talking about it?

You could even say she COLLUDED with Marie Claire.

What's 'Sinister', 'Evil', 'Colluded', got in common? 
All words no one but you has said :D 

You literally create narratives in your mind and roll with them. 

Joy to watch. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Come on man, you know very well in the current climate that that quote was not only going to be picked up in the Marie Claire interview but then by the other publications. You're not gullible enough to think this wasn't planned. Also Marie Clarie, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, etc interviews are all sent to PR for approval prior to printing. These aren't journalistic magazines that go to uncover stories or get to the bottom of truths with the people they interview. They are glorified marketing material and they would never post something the acrot's PR didn't want for fear or losing them (and others in the future). Again, doesn't matter if it was, but it most definitely was pre planned to make a statement and announce the change. Which yet again is fine. Maybe she wanted to say it out loud to set a precedent, to bring attention to the topic, whatever. I don't even know why we are arguing this, it's common knowledge. But I guess since we disagree on certain other things we need to argue about everything. 

Im not arguing if she wanted the statement public... as I said... she's been saying it for over a year.

I'm arguing against those who are saying she did this current interview simply to "virtue signal". 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What's 'Sinister', 'Evil', 'Colluded', got in common? 
All words no one but you has said :D 

You literally create narratives in your mind and roll with them. 

Joy to watch. 

No, you created that narrative that her words in Marie Claire were "planned" in a negative connotation.

You even said because WE were talking about her words in a positive connotation, you wanted to break that illusion.

Wow, you have completely deserted your argument, entirely.

Y'know its bad when I got you posting like jonb.

Edited by jehurey

Im not arguing if she wanted the statement public... as I said... she's been saying it for over a year.

I'm arguing against those who are saying she did this simply to "virtue signal". 

Not simply to... but she knows damn well that she could have done all of this and not said a word about it to anyone.

Of course, that wouldn't make her look good... and then people wouldn't know what she did... because as I said... there's no faith that people WOULD notice, unless white people were brought up as to gather attention.  So she spoke about it in an interview... and as these things do... it blows up. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Not simply to... but she knows damn well that she could have done all of this and not said a word about it to anyone.

Of course, that wouldn't make her look good.  So she spoke about it in an interview... and as these things do... it blows up. 

That's a reach on your part simply because this old story didn't blow up all this time. 

If she wanted to "simply look good"... she wasted an entire year of "looking good" for free without it blowing up...

I'm arguing against those who are saying she did this current interview simply to "virtue signal". 

My post about it being obviously planned and meant to be a public statement was directed at Jerry acting like it just so happened to be picked up and oh no this magazine just so happened to run with it and then dearie me it just blew up. Was pointing out how incredibly gullible someone needs to be to believe that.

Assuming people intentions is always difficult (for anyone not Jerry) but when it comes to Hollywood I also go in with great skepticism. 

I guess we're down to arguing whether or not this was a planned PR stunt because if we're arguing that, we don't have to argue about what's actually wrong with Brie Larson including minorities in her Press Tour, to which the answer is absolutely nothing.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

White people hating on white people, sounds like the libs on this forum. 

Pretty soon Brie Larson will be arrested for TERRORISM for registering black people to vote! :cruise: 

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's a reach on your part simply because this old story didn't blow up all this time. 

If she wanted to "simply look good"... she wasted an entire year of "looking good" for free without it blowing up...

Yea... except how do we KNOW that she's been mentioning this for the past year to reporters, or even thinking about it?

It's very easy to say that I've been doing something for the past year and talking with people about it... to someone I'm currently telling it to.. especially when I realize that it makes me look good for doing so.

Ok so she had some people look into it?  Doesn't mean she's been talking about it with other reporters.  Hell.. .maybe she WAS telling it to other reporters, and had to keep going and going until she found one that would publicize it :drake: 

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

My post about it being obviously planned and meant to be a public statement was directed at Jerry acting like it just so happened to be picked up and oh no this magazine just so happened to run with it and then dearie me it just blew up. Was pointing out how incredibly gullible someone needs to be to believe that.

Assuming people intentions is always difficult (for anyone not Jerry) but when it comes to Hollywood I also go in with great skepticism. 

what a lazy explanation.

She's "hollywood". Nice generalization there.

Once again...........you are trying to assign a sinister connotation to HOW she is doing this, When you get challenged for details about where the negative part may be...........time to talk about me and my Jerry-go-round.

It simply isn't working. Let's hope you apply your skepticism in a balanced way in the future.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea... except how do we KNOW that she's been mentioning this for the past year to reporters, or even thinking about it?

It's very easy to say that I've been doing something for the past year and talking with people about it... to someone I'm currently telling it to.. especially when I realize that it makes me look good for doing so.

Ok so she had some people look into it?  Doesn't mean she's been talking about it with other reporters.  Hell.. .maybe she WAS telling it to other reporters, and had to keep going and going until she found one that would publicize it :drake: 

that alot of Maybes.... if you stretch any harder you will hurt your back bro :will2:

30 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I guess we're down to arguing whether or not this was a planned PR stunt because if we're arguing that, we don't have to argue about what's actually wrong with Brie Larson including minorities in her Press Tour, to which the answer is absolutely nothing.

Exactly.

They're trying to find SOMETHING negative. If not the overall message, then they've whittled it down to her execution.

Because these people clearly have better methods for how to go about changing this type of stuff.