Let's discuss MS's potential Gamepass Sony deal

Also, @DynamiteCop! sorry to break it to you... but with the changes MS has made to DirectX, PC is running .xvc natively... which means that games aren't being made natively for Xbox specifically and then emulated on PC... they are running native code.  They can be designed around the Xbox console spec, but they will very likely be designed to scale on PC hardware, and will have Xbox console specific "flags" which determine the console settings based on which console they are played on.

It's almost like I've said this before :]

After making these changes... MS can release a low and high end generic PC that is Xbox branded, and they won't need to spend tons on R&D Xbox hardware in the future.  Also, any custom PC vendor could sell pre-built small form factor "console-like" PCs and advertise Xbox and GamePass.  MS is essentially removing the need to design specific Xbox hardware for the future.  

As I fucking said years ago.. they will all be generic PCs. :juggle: 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's a lot of green discs there bud   you done fucked up. badly    

Lol ok .

12 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Please buy Forza Mini and Ori *with exclusive Mario as a playable character , only on switch ! *snap

Please buy Gears tactics , exclusively on PC !

And for you Xbox owners ,we didn't forget you , here is a 2 dollar promotional offer for Game Pass !

You lemmings are spineless :lawl:

I've never seen people buckle like this and bend the knee so easily and on the back of rumors no less, pathetic :tom:

Bodycount's shadow over here 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Please buy Forza Mini and Ori *with exclusive Mario as a playable character , only on switch ! *snap

Please buy Gears tactics , exclusively on PC !

And for you Xbox owners ,we didn't forget you , here is a 2 dollar promotional offer for Game Pass !

Damn... :(

Jon's about 75% converted to a hermbro.  Thanks MS :wow2: 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You lemmings are spineless :lawl:

I've never seen people buckle like this and bend the knee so easily and on the back of rumors no less, pathetic :tom:

Just a little bit ago you were arguing with me that MS' future PC support would be xCloud only and that games wouldn't be made for or native on PC.........  Now you're realizing that they are unifying their development platform so that PC runs all Xbox code natively......  It's entirely possible that Switch gets native Xbox games.  I argued against it before.. but Nintendo and MS obviously have a relationship which is gonna be more than just Streaming.

Phil's gonna blow the doors off at Build, GDC, and E3 :juggle: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Just a little bit ago you were arguing with me that MS' future PC support would be xCloud and that games wouldn't be made for or native on PC.........  Now you're realizing that they are unifying their development platform so that PC runs all Xbox code natively......

Phil's gonna blow the doors off at Build, GDC, and E3 :juggle: 

I was working through the direction they were taking but it seems pretty clear now, I knew PC was going to be changed some way and I figured streaming but .xvc seems more realistic especially now that we know one game has come out operating on it. 

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I was working through the direction they were taking but it seems pretty clear now, I knew PC was going to be changed some way and I figured streaming but .xvc seems more realistic especially now that we know one game has come out operating on it. 

This is what I always saw it as being.  It was always going to be unifying the dev platform so that creating something for one is essentially creating it for the other.  The change to read native xbox code is surprising however.

Real talk though.. can we just appreciate how massive of an undertaking and change this is?  It's a crazy amount of work that they are putting into their platform and there's tons of backend shit that is changing quite drastically.  When you think about all the different people that have to work on this from the Xbox teams and the Windows teams, to the store teams, and then the game developer teams and engines.  All of this stuff has to work it's way down the pipeline and tested.  It takes time.. and most people don't understand the scale of it.

It's quite clear this stuff has been in the works for years, and it seems we're getting really close now.  If MS can just start nailing it with some first party releases.. people will forget all about the growing pains.

I'm almost certain at E3 (or build) Phil will announce that the Xbox Store will be separated from the MS Store and put inside of the Xbox app, and will use the .xvc file format exclusively.  I also bet that all current games will be "converted" to run in the same file format (for PC specifically, obviously).  The Xbox App will be completely overhauled and will nicely act similar to the Dashboard.

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This is what I always saw it as being.  It was always going to be unifying the dev platform so that creating something for one is essentially creating it for the other.  The change to read native xbox code is surprising however.

Real talk though.. can we just appreciate how massive of an undertaking and change this is?  It's a crazy amount of work that they are putting into their platform and there's tons of backend shit that is changing quite drastically.  When you think about all the different people that have to work on this from the Xbox teams and the Windows teams, to the store teams, and then the game developer teams and engines.  All of this stuff has to work it's way down the pipeline and tested.  It takes time.. and most people don't understand the scale of it.

It's quite clear this stuff has been in the works for years, and it seems we're getting really close now.  If MS can just start nailing it with some first party releases.. people will forget all about the growing pains.

I'm almost certain at E3 (or build) Phil will announce that the Xbox Store will be separated from the MS Store and put inside of the Xbox app, and will use the .xvc file format exclusively.  I also bet that all current games will be "converted" to run in the same file format (for PC specifically, obviously).  The Xbox App will be completely overhauled and will nicely act similar to the Dashboard.

I just hope something good comes out of it because it's my personal joy now to watch Jon and Bodycount vacillate and squirm. We don't want you guys back so if you're gone; be gone thots :lawl:

DYNAMITE'S already given himself an out with his new faux-PC support, gay video card signature (ROFL), and an orange name. Maybe he really is a PoC fanboy, that's why he's behind MS's anti-console future plan. Are you taking cues from Remij, pretending to back MS as you cheer on the destruction of Xbox and celebrate the impending flood of scrap games that will all be dumped on PC? :rofl:

3 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

DYNAMITE'S already given himself an out with his new faux-PC support, gay video card signature (ROFL), and an orange name. Maybe he really is a PoC fanboy, that's why he's behind MS's anti-console future plan. Are you taking cues from Remij, pretending to back MS as you cheer on the destruction of Xbox and celebrate the impending flood of scrap games that will all be dumped on PC? :rofl:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/765611975960281127/

:reg:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're trying really hard with those triple posts.

Why is an MS owned studio releasing Hellblade on Switch a year later, which a fairly massive undertaking, this is not an easy PS/XBox/PC port. Why is the technical team even working on this when they're supposed to be developing MS EXCLUSIVES, be it cross gen, or next-gen.

Edited by Team 2019
4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Why is an MS owned studio releasing Hellblade on Switch a year later, which a fairly massive undertaking, this is not an easy PS/XBox/PC port. Why is the technical team even working on this when they're supposed to be developing MS EXCLUSIVES, be it cross gen, or next-gen.

Because their resources quadrupled and before their acquisition they likely wanted to try anyway so they were given the go ahead or it was stipulated in their acquisition, or Microsoft is allowing it because the game is already released everywhere else. 

The game wasn't on Xbox One initially because of resources, not because they didn't want it there or had some kind of contract with Sony, it was all resource related. There's plenty of reasons that this makes sense that don't end up with Microsoft turning into EA...

You're simply painting a future you want to see rather than the one which is likely ahead. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Because their resources quadrupled and before their acquisition they likely wanted to try anyway so they were given the go ahead or it was stipulated in their acquisition, or Microsoft is allowing it because the game is already released everywhere else. 

The game wasn't on Xbox One initially because of resources, not because they didn't want it there or had some kind of contract with Sony, it was all resource related. There's plenty of reasons that this makes sense that don't end up with Microsoft turning into EA...

You're simply painting a future you want to see rather than the one which is likely ahead. 

Nah, if they are bringing Gamepass to Switch, it really doesn't make sense why they'd bother porting the game instead of just streaming it.

Chances are though that Ninja Theory isn't even the ones porting it... so it's not like this is detracting away from them making their next gen game lol Aza..