Let's discuss MS's potential Gamepass Sony deal

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah, if they are bringing Gamepass to Switch, it really doesn't make sense why they'd bother porting the game instead of just streaming it.

Chances are though that Ninja Theory isn't even the ones porting it... so it's not like this is detracting away from them making their next gen game lol Aza..

For the same reason we're getting a custom made native Forza, and Ori?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's a lot of green discs there bud   you done fucked up. badly    

Lol ok .

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

When you buy studios to solve your exclusive problem, you are protective of the IPs you own. Especially if their next game is Hellblade 2.

You're not even answering the question you brought up with that answer.

Why is MS porting their games natively instead of just streaming them?

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're not even answering the question you brought up with that answer.

Why is MS porting their games natively instead of just streaming them?

Because they clearly see XCloud only an option in distribution, not something they will force upon everything. Obviously for technical reasons the majority will be streamed, but that is purely because of Switch's hardware issue. Plus its clear they can benefit from a retail presence of some games for people that choose not to sub.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Because they clearly see XCloud only an option in distribution, not something they will force upon everything. Obviously for technical reasons the majority will be streamed, but that is purely because of Switch's hardware issue. Plus its clear they can benefit from a retail presence of some games for people that choose not to sub.

So you're convinced that MS is fully 3rd party in that if the hardware is powerful enough, they will create their games for the Switch and PS4, and in any situation where it's not, they'll stream?

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So you're convinced that MS is fully 3rd party in that if the hardware is powerful enough, they will create their games for it, and in any situation where it's not, they'll stream?

Yeah, I believe they'd be porting everything native to Switch with the option of XCloud if could handle it. XCloud seems to be a weak hardware solution for them, not a dogmatic distribution service. Game pass is their service, the means of getting game X and Y on to a system. Also with Phil saying game pass increases retail game purchase there is a strong arguement there even from him.

They also can't afford to half ass their Switch debut, it'd be bad PR.

Edited by Team 2019
7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Yeah, I believe they'd be porting everything native to Switch with the option of XCloud if could handle it. XCloud seems to be a weak hardware solution for them, not a dogmatic distribution service. Game pass is their service, the means of getting game X and Y on to a system. Also with Phil saying game pass increases retail game purchase there is a strong arguement there even from him.

They also can't afford to half ass their Switch debut, it'd be bad PR.

I keep saying this but the potential for E3 being crazy this year is god damn high...

Next gen game reveals

Next gen hardware specs

Nintendo and MS working together

Streaming and other technologies

New game announcements (Nintendo and MS)

3 months away :lupe:

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I keep saying this but the potential for E3 being crazy this year is god damn high...

Next gen game reveals

Next gen hardware specs

Nintendo and MS working together

Streaming and other technologies

New game announcements (Nintendo and MS)

3 months away :lupe:

Albert Penello posted at Resetera and suggested that the specs for both have been locked down long ago, and that people misunderstand how much console manufacturers can change their spec even 2 years before release. Not sure how right he is, but I'm he was a freaking MS higher up.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Albert Penello posted at Resetera and suggested that the specs for both have been locked down long ago, and that people misunderstand how much console manufacturers can change their spec even 2 years before release. Not sure how right he is, but I'm he was a freaking MS higher up.

Anyone with common sense knows that.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nintendo is an E3 announcement IMO, but this is a supposed GDC topic leak from a verified resetera dude.

"There will be xCloud, PlayFab, DirectML, and Windows gaming sessions (and Game Pass for PC as a part) on GDC 2019. "

Yea, for sure.  I already knew some of that because I'm a Windows Insider, so you don't really have to be special to know that stuff.  I'm already on a 2020 build of Windows 10 which is testing a lot of stuff that they are going to be talking about at GDC and build.

Back on topic of Playstation, I think if PS4 is going to continue to sustain good sales after the PS5 launches. Let's be real the uptake will be too slow to compare to PS4 for a long time, and the userbase is huge.

I think MS might be better off doing PS4 ports, and then PS5 just running BC. I suspect all MS games will be cross gen for some time, I mean Forza and Titanfall were cross gen. They have a lot of time to support the PS4. Assuming they strike a deal with Sony. They cant fuck up first impressions just like with Nintendo.

Also @ Remij. It's possible native ports have another advantage, you're literally renting a One and making them use bandwidth even electricity to power an XCloud stream. Streaming isn't free, and costs money, maybe even more so than native ports by teams. Another idea to throw out.

Edited by Team 2019
  • 2 weeks later...