Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Team 2019

Let's discuss MS's potential Gamepass Sony deal

Recommended Posts

Since it's on the table, things might fall through, they might succeed. But the Switch situation has shed some light.

 

1. The big revelation here is MS is willing to do NATIVE ports. They aren't launching a competing service with PSnow on Sony's very own dedicated hardware with XCloud. XCloud is a distribution service they aren't forcing on capable hardware. So that conflict of interest is solved.

 

2. If Switch had  the power of a PS4 or One, ALL ports would be native. They're selling game pass, not XCloud showing they're not competitive in certain areas with just streaming. The game quality is too compromised. They flatout are admitting this with high response time game ports like Ori and Cuphead. Had the Switch had the hardware you'd be running Halo MCC and Forza at native 1080p or 4K or whatever.

 

3. Sony allows cross play, and is open for business in this area with the right partners and  games. Another conflict of interest solved.

 

4. Sony looks to be allowing EA Access, and it's coming this year. Game Pass is really just EA Access with MS games, nothing more, nothing less. Its the exact same service they're allowing already.

 

5. Negotiations are under way, MS clearly didn't enter this pitch to not get a result.

 

6. The Switch is a major catalyst because it's in Sony's interest to be more competitive with it. It breaks a taboo, and is going to force Sony to at least take the negotiations and deal more seriously.

 

7. MS clearly just doesn't care what you do, and how you do it, as long as you're subbed to gamepass.

 

 

 

 

And last but not least Bodycount is predicting this might be under way. And no one can sense better an impending XBox betrayal by Phil than Bodycount. :danylol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XCloud on Switch has been speculated, and hinted by Matt since 2017. We didn't even need Matt because it makes too much god damn sense.

 

The reason why people considered Playstation was off the table, because everyone assumed than MS would forced EVERYTHING through XCloud. Now that they're clearly open to making everything native without forcing XCloud as the distribution method, the whole game has changed. Its honestly no longer even a question if MS will do it or not, the question is if they can convince Sony to accept the deal.

 

If you're going to argue XBox hardware, well it's their for people loyal to the ecosystem anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% happening.

 

-Microsoft's 1st party lineup, entirely, on an adapted version of gamepass for PS4, minus all the 3rd party games taken out.

 

-Hellblade 2, Outer Worlds 2, We Happy Blew 2, and all the other budget slop devs they just picked up were intentionally done so to NEVER make exclusives. These are established playstation/PC devs as well for a reason. All part of the plan.

 

-Sub's going to be $8 a month, will be an app on playstation much like EA access (which sony is confirmed to be opening up to). Native versions, downloaded straight onto your console.

 

-Shawn Layden sucking Phil's cock on twitter and claiming they're 'in it together :heh:!!!" no longer competitors, MS is a partner - a service provider that Layden doesn't want to piss off.

 

-PS4, Switch, PC,  your phone, TVs, a calculator, anything that can run their 5.0-6.0 straight to DVD productions, MS will be putting their software on it.

 

 

 

Xbox consoles will keep being made, sure. But you will have a hollow shell of a console with no exclusives while everyone else will still have exclusives of thier own. As long as MS is making money on the harware + 2 billion annually on Xbox Live fees, the console will still be around. But rest assured, if you buy an xbox and sub to XBL, you are the gaming industry's cuckold and your money is funding your own games being given away like trash to your competitors. 

 

Buy an Xbox, bend over and get fucked raw by MS

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XBox's budget was getting cut out the ass since 2013, and Phil didn't walk up to the upper management. Give a shitload of $$$ so I can make XBox competitive.

 

He went in with an offer which would he could pitch to the CEOs. XBox as a service, on every platform, use our cloud division etc. If he went into pitch XBox hardware as their main gaming driver, he'd dick for money for his division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

XBox's budget was getting cut out the ass since 2013, and Phil didn't walk up to the upper management. Give a shitload of $$$ so I can make XBox competitive.

 

He went in with an offer which would he could pitch to the CEOs. XBox as a service, on every platform, use our cloud division etc. If he went into pitch XBox hardware as their main gaming driver, he'd dick for money for his division.

Conjecture, every bit of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Conjecture, every bit of it. 

Phil has been talking about a platform agnostic future for YEARS now. Obviously this quote didn't mean much back in 2017, but we are now seeing it slowly being implemented/prepared. Conjecture my ass.

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-hopes-for-videogame-turnaround-with-xbox-one-x-1509976801

 

 

Microsoft in September promoted Xbox chief Phil Spencer to executive vice president, reporting directly to Chief Executive Satya Nadella rather than Windows chief Terry Myerson.

In an interview, Mr. Spencer said his new role is designed, in part, to give him more latitude to reach gamers on any device, rather than using “gaming to make Windows more successful.”
 

Mr. Spencer acknowledged console sales are important, but said Microsoft is more focused on growing game software and services. He said the company measures the success of its gaming business by revealing the number of people who use its online service Xbox Live, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Phil has been talking about a platform agnostic future for YEARS now. Obviously this quote didn't mean much back in 2017, but we are now seeing it slowly being implemented/prepared. Conjecture my ass.

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-hopes-for-videogame-turnaround-with-xbox-one-x-1509976801

 

 

Microsoft in September promoted Xbox chief Phil Spencer to executive vice president, reporting directly to Chief Executive Satya Nadella rather than Windows chief Terry Myerson.

In an interview, Mr. Spencer said his new role is designed, in part, to give him more latitude to reach gamers on any device, rather than using “gaming to make Windows more successful.”
 

Mr. Spencer acknowledged console sales are important, but said Microsoft is more focused on growing game software and services. He said the company measures the success of its gaming business by revealing the number of people who use its online service Xbox Live, for example.

What you're doing is literally the definition of conjecture...

 

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

SbBG.gif

godlike movie :bow: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

godlike movie :bow: 

Yeah, and I thought the weird effect plus the quote worked very well for this latest Aza thread :monocle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah, and I thought the weird effect plus the quote worked very well for this latest Aza thread :monocle:

it did! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole fiasco is clearly a controlled leak.


Everything MS always leaks around this time of the year. We knew about many of the studios they bought last year around this time, too. this is how they gauge the market and see what they can get away with.f you want Xbox to have exclusives ever again, stop this disgusting damage control. Speak up, or you're going to get the multiplat shitbox you deserve. 

 

 

As for me, I don't have to worry about my purchase being defunct... because I already did that in 2017 when I sold. The writing's on the wall. 

The Xbox fanbase is NOT as loyal as the playstation fanbase, those guys will lap up garbage no matter what. Xbox guys know damn well what the situation is now, we have NO EXCLUSIVES, the game's MS does make FUCKING SUCK (5.0 and 6.0's) and every multiplat worth a shit is aligned with PlayStation. If you're still Team Xbox at this point, you're clearly retarded, or some are too invested ($1000's in games, consoles, controllers) to swallow that pill. It's over. 

 

Let me explain:

 

 

THE DARKEST TIMELINE A.K.A REALITY

 

 

-The team behind the OG xbox and  early era 360 are gone

-Phil and the clown Posse gain control

-The One is literally made as an anti-gamer monetization box

-they got found out and consumers rejected it. they do a 180

-try to court core gamers back with the 2015 'greatest games campaign' - doesn't work EVEN THOUGH they have better exclusives**

-they come to the conclusion that they will never be market leader again with the now 'TOXIC' xbox brand

-The focus of the xbox brand has to change because they literally got BTFO the market by Sony and conceded defeat. 

- Play anywhere comes about in 2016 after they've given up on the xbox. Starts with PC to ease you in. Xbox fans damage control 'oh well it's just PC'

-Gamepass comes about to ensure they transition into a multiplatform company. Games get scaled back to shit-tier scope for ease of gamepass.

-a host of budget studios are bought to shit out content onto gamepass. MS NEEDED THESE DEVS TO BE A FIRST PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, NOT TO MAKE XBOX FANS HAPPY) :D 

 

(We're here currently ^^)

Moving forward:

 

-expands to Switch. Xbox fans damage control 'oh well it's just Switch'

-expands to PlayStation. Xbox fans finally get it - you got Swindled, Xboned, and raped and are out $1000's of dollars

 

 

 

GET OUT NOW, heed my words gentlemen. 

GET OUT!

 

 

 

 

Edited by Bodycount N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

This whole fiasco is clearly a controlled leak.


Everything MS always leaks around this time of the year. We knew about many of the studios they bought last year around this time, too. this is how they gauge the market and see what they can get away with.f you want Xbox to have exclusives ever again, stop this disgusting damage control. Speak up, or you're going to get the multiplat shitbox you deserve. 

 

 

As for me, I don't have to worry about my purchase being defunct... because I already did that in 2017 when I sold. The writing's on the wall. 

The Xbox fanbase is NOT as loyal as the playstation fanbase, those guys will lap up garbage no matter what. Xbox guys know damn well what the situation is now, we have NO EXCLUSIVES, the game's MS does make FUCKING SUCK (5.0 and 6.0's) and every multiplat worth a shit is aligned with PlayStation. If you're still Team Xbox at this point, you're clearly retarded, or some are too invested ($1000's in games, consoles, controllers) to swallow that pill. It's over. 

 

Let me explain:

 

 

THE DARKEST TIMELINE A.K.A REALITY

 

 

-The team behind the OG xbox and  early era 360 are gone

-Phil and the clown Posse gain control

-The One is literally made as an anti-gamer monetization box

-they got found out and consumers rejected it. they do a 180

-try to court core gamers back with the 2015 'greatest games campaign' - doesn't work EVEN THOUGH they have better exclusives**

-they come to the conclusion that they will never be market leader again with the now 'TOXIC' xbox brand

-The focus of the xbox brand has to change because they literally got BTFO the market by Sony and conceded defeat. 

- Play anywhere comes about in 2016 after they've given up on the xbox. Starts with PC to ease you in. Xbox fans damage control 'oh well it's just PC'

-expands to Switch Xbox fans damage control 'oh well it's just Switch

-expands to PlayStation. Xbox fans finally get it - you got Swindled, Xboned, and raped and are out $1000's of dollars

 

 

 

GET OUT NOW, heed my words gentlemen. 

GET OUT!

 

 

 

 

simple_jack_poster460.jpg?width=300&qual

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those studios were literally bought to ensure MS has content (Straight to dvd games) for Switch and Playstation players to enjoy. :D Every studio they bought was in mid-development of fucking multiplatform games! :rofl: And they're still going to be multiplat even after MS bought them! LMFAO!!


You can't put content on a competitor's console when gamepass is nothing but 3rd party games they won't allow. 

 

Switch and PS5 gamepass will be all the 'first party' studios output.

Edited by Bodycount N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Those studios were literally bought to ensure MS has content (Straight to dvd games) for Switch and Playstation players to enjoy. :D 


You can't put content on a competitor's console when gamepass is nothing but 3rd party games they won't allow. 

 

Switch and PS5 gamepass will be all the 'first party' studios output.

simple_jack_poster460.jpg?width=300%26qu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×