Has there been a game since BOTW that

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Can we admit now that years have passed that the Mario Galaxy games were nothing special and at times boring as fuck. I could only get 3-4 stars at at time withput getting bored and switching the game off.

I thought it was fun but just a run of the mill Mario game, it was like another Sunshine for me. Hell I enjoyed 3D World more than any of the other modern Mario games. 

Botw grabbed me so hard. I don't remember racking up hours in a game so quickly since Fallout 4. They both suffered from the same shit of it becoming way too easy halfway through the game though. I still gotta go back to it but I'm just hoping cemu finally gets vulkan support.

9 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Can we admit now that years have passed that the Mario Galaxy games were nothing special and at times boring as fuck. I could only get 3-4 stars at at time withput getting bored and switching the game off.

Galaxy 2 is the best 3D Mario game by a wide margin. 

I don't know how Mario does it, it has so many gimmicks, ideas etc. But it all feels so precaculated and cookie cutter for a very simple target audience that it kinda bores me even when it does something fresh, cause they don't want to push beyond the casual audience's limits. It's almost there, but never truly goes to greatness. Its always like, we can do more, but that 8 year old might get too confused.

Edited by Team 2019