Do you take naps?

I took a 2 hour nap. I played a round of doto after coming home and was so tired, normally I end up feeling like shit if I sleep 30min - 2hours and just go back to sleep if I wake up but not this time.

Forced myself up and the groggy feeling vanished and I felt super energized. Used that energy to sit down on my fat ass to play more. :mj:

I know the benefits but I never really considered it. People do 30min - 1hour powernapping. I always thought that shit is for old people, guess I was wrong. :glad: 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not on purpose, I sometimes randomly pass out in my computer chair for a few hours. 

This is really just not true tbh. Almost any sleep study would say different. 30 minute naps are very valuable. Even high level athletes generally take pre-game naps.   The impact of sleep d

If I can avoid them, I do. It's really hard to fight that urge to collapse on my bed after a long day but I like to go work out instead and get my full night's sleep instead of napping and feeling tir

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Not on purpose, I sometimes randomly pass out in my computer chair for a few hours. 

:mj:

Not really. I've tried but always have trouble falling asleep. 

The only time I ever have a good nap is when it's completely unintentional, ie. i doze off watching sportscentre or something. I'd probably make more of an effort to do it if my schedule was more flexible but working 9-5...by the time I get home and eat/gym, if I nap then it's gonna just fuck my sleep up that night and I already have a hard enough time sleeping. 

42 minutes ago, kaz said:

I took a 2 hour nap. I played a round of doto after coming home and was so tired, normally I end up feeling like shit if I sleep 30min - 2hours and just go back to sleep if I wake up but not this time.

Forced myself up and the groggy feeling vanished and I felt super energized. Used that energy to sit down on my fat ass to play more. :mj:

I know the benefits but I never really considered it. People do 30min - 1hour powernapping. I always thought that shit is for old people, guess I was wrong. :glad: 

2 hours is too long.  I take 15-45 min naps.  I feel amazing afterwards

3 hours ago, lostfool said:

2 hours is too long.  I take 15-45 min naps.  I feel amazing afterwards

How do you take 45min naps?  I know 2 hours is too long but like casual said falling asleep is hard and takes some time, so how do you make sure you wake up at the right time? 

What is weird is that I don't know.  I don't set an alarm.  I just tell myself 30-45 min and that is how long I sleep.  I recommend you set an alarm.  If you really need a nap you will fall asleep right away

Edited by lostfool
3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Only old people over 55 should be taking naps. If you're taking naps at 30, chances are you have a fucked up metabolism and energy levels.

This is really just not true tbh. Almost any sleep study would say different. 30 minute naps are very valuable. Even high level athletes generally take pre-game naps.

The impact of sleep deprivation is pretty terrible unless you're part of a very very small percentage of people that can legitiamtely get by on less. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Casual said:

This is really just not true tbh. Almost any sleep study would say different. 30 minute naps are very valuable. Even high level athletes generally take pre-game naps.

The impact of sleep deprivation is pretty terrible unless you're part of a very very small percentage of people that can legitiamtely get by on less. 

so much truth here. i find 30 minute naps are great for calming the CNS after a hardcore deadlift session, as well. 

1 minute ago, HolyAx said:

like do you have a concept of life outside of that dota shit you play? I mean I know this is a gaming forum, but seems like you dont have your shit together.

I do have my shit together but I'm still depressed. I drink less alcohol tho, with professional help. Thanks for asking, bubsi. :lovesad: