I am out of the club game

Last night, I went out because a buddy wanted to hit the clubs.

Ten minutes in and I already wanted to gtfo.

Basically, every good looking girl out there was either with their bfs, or with their pimps.

Once you realize every girl out there is an investment on drinks, you will quickly see the point of clubs being a huge rip-off especially with the fucking outrageous covers.

I mean $10 to get in, but for what though?

Place was fucking empty.

30 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I don’t think I’ve ever bought a girl a drink as a pick up. Fuck that lol I’d want a girl who has a job so yea. 

I would not pick up girls at a bar.

90% of them just want free drinks and absolutely 0% interest in knowing.

Yeah you can leave the place with her and fuck her but how many guys have she done it with? 

You'd be playing Russian STD roulette.

Holy shit, have I changed my attitude towards it.

It's called getting older, I left the club scene for about a 5 year period and tried to go back to it with some younger friends; didn't pan out. 

By that point I was already over it, it just wasn't fun anymore and to be honest I don't even like drinking that much anymore even though it used to be one of my favorite activities. 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's called getting older, I left the club scene for about a 5 year period and tried to go back to it with some younger friends; didn't pan out. 

By that point I was already over it, it just wasn't fun anymore and to be honest I don't even like drinking that much anymore even though it used to be one of my favorite activities. 

Dont go to clubs young people go to. I've gone to one where the idea on paper was fantastic, apartment building one floor, 4 different apartments playing different genres of music - There was an electronic party, you could switch to a folk song one, to a hip hop one, etc. My friend and I went, mind you early-20s at the time, place packeddd with high school kids and we couldnt have fun with them, they could clock us as older, and we felt weird being around "kids".

Also go in not expecting anything and you will have the time of your life. That goes for every event. 

Edited by zwarior
  • Upvote 2

I kind of feel that way with the average bar (at least the busy ones). Just not an enjoyable environment anymore. Its too bad its still the only real way to meet new people for me (online dating has still mostly been a failure for me).

Edited by Twinblade

I've never really been to a club club event. I've only been to shows and events where the artist is the main attraction...and people are there for the music. Not really all the clubbing stuff. Try a concert or something like that. Sometimes they're even free. That or a strip club :D