Google - GDC 2019 Teaser

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's a dedicated box, and streaming solution.

For PC's, it will probably be the Chrome browser.

For Chromebooks, it'll probably be an app.

For Android phones, it'll probably be an app.

For TVs, it'll probably be a chromecast.

I hope they are smart and make it work with any bluetooth wireless controller.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

For PC's, it will probably be the Chrome browser.

For Chromebooks, it'll probably be an app.

For Android phones, it'll probably be an app.

For TVs, it'll probably be a chromecast.

I hope they are smart and make it work with any bluetooth wireless controller.

What about a universal android dock for phones?

25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm always willing to check out new tech. let's hope it's not onlive part 2. 

One time I was shopping on the Best Buy website, and came across the product page for The Darkness 2, and they had the ability to play a demo.

And from within the product page, it opened up a small window and it was either OnLive or Gaikai, and it started streaming the game within a couple of minutes of allowing a plug-in to enable and having the game load.

It wasn't full screen, it was probably 720p, but it looked great, and it controlled fine on my PC running off ethernet. This was like 7-8 years ago.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

One time I was shopping on the Best Buy website, and came across the product page for The Darkness 2, and they had the ability to play a demo.

And from within the product page, it opened up a small window and it was either OnLive or Gaikai, and it started streaming the game within a couple of minutes of allowing a plug-in to enable and having the game load.

It wasn't full screen, it was probably 720p, but it looked great, and it controlled fine on my PC running off ethernet. This was like 7-8 years ago.

That is cool as fuck.

So they are making a controller, I was afraid they would do this. I understand why they would. They want people to see it as a Google-branded platform, so they can't tell customers to use other controllers. AND, this controller would probably come packaged with Chromecasts.

I had heard that Chromecast devices were having blowout sales recently because all signs were pointing to them clearing out inventory.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So they are making a controller, I was afraid they would do this. I understand why they would. They want people to see it as a Google-branded platform, so they can't tell customers to use other controllers. AND, this controller would probably come packaged with Chromecasts.

I had heard that Chromecast devices were having blowout sales recently because all signs were pointing to them clearing out inventory.

that was confirmed to be fake.